Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14469 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Filled for Now
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 12:44:56 pm »

((So timezones decided to screw with my ability to make a sheet in time...
Waitlist/Out for the moment then. Unless for some reason, I'm still in.))
Sorry, your at spot #2 on the waitlist.
((Ouch. Anyway, godspeed to ye all! Hail to the Defenders!))
Blarg, but you still haven't gotten a char sheet in. Tell you what, if you get a char sheet in in the next 6 hours, then you will be first place on the waitlist, otherwise you go back to second.

((I think poison is my best way out of everything, heals me, kills everyone else.  Yeah, I'll take that.))

Edit:  ((This is more or less representative of how I view Naga clothing in normal circumstances.  Rather minimalist because they usually hail from climes where they are naturally well-suited to the weather and there is very little that they need to cover up for modesty because they are mostly snake.))
Ah, OK, will go with that then.

Turn up in a hour.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 12:50:19 pm »

Turn 1
Lets get this party started

You all finish solidifying and check that all your limbs are on and in working order. Check, everything is all in the right place. Wait opps, looks like Ssrah somehow forgot her shirt and pants, but remembered her elaborate Egyptian style headdress.
In between you is the reality nexus for this dimension. Anomolies must travel to and through it to get closer to the local MetaReality core or to significantly damage this reality.

In front of you is a building with a swaying sign over the door proclaiming it to be "The Drunken Lantern". To the right of the door is a large sign that says:

Its quite misty in every other direction, but you get the distinct feeling that if you just try to FOCUS on something you will be able to make out quite a bit more detail.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Thats all the characters so far. If you have any problems with the abilities speak up before then end of this turn, after which they will be unchangeable. The starting items can't be changed, but its pretty easy to create new regular items to fit your specifications if you want any.
The only one I am a bit unhappy about is Waldemaar, because I couldn't think of good colors to represent his class/species/abilities.

Other notes:
Spoiler: Health and Willpower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:30:29 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 1: Lets get this party started
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »

Go and look at the Market set up just down the street.

"Aghh, how could I forget my sshirt and pantsss.  Sso sstupid sometimes.  Wait... I can't even wear pantsss.  Maybe there will be a market nearby... I feel like that iss right."

((Did I understand the general ambiguity of or situation and our ability to create our surrounding correctly))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 12:59:20 pm »

"I EXIST! FEELS PRETTY GOOD, I HAVE TO SAY."

Focus on the tiny print. If it says anything that could be applied to me, change it. If or once it doesn't, walk right in.

((If I can make a suggestion, use goldenrod for the species, teal for Limb Master, red for Remove Limb. And goldenrod for Self-Regeneration too, I guess.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:52:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 01:03:00 pm »

Blarg, but you still haven't gotten a char sheet in.[...]
((Timezones. I didn't see any limit of players to be in the game in the OP. But waiting was my own fault.))

Spoiler: Hikari Tora (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 01:05:36 pm »

"Whoa. This is weird. So we are supposed to defend this place huh?"
Climb to the roof of the Drunken Lantern and get a good view of the surrounding city.

((First RTD engaged. I hope i dont fail too much.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:07:41 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »

Quote from: OP
Soon after the orb split into six shards, which quickly begin to form into guardians
Yeah, sorry you missed it.

((Did I understand the general ambiguity of or situation and our ability to create our surrounding correctly))
That works well enough, although creation is generally a more active ability then passive.

((If I can make a suggestion, use goldenrod for the species, teal for Limb Master, red for Remove Limb. And goldenrod for Self-Regeneration too, I guess.))
Excellent, will be changed now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 01:18:53 pm »

((Hmmm, I see, well, I'll just go ahead and say it's general lack of experience with this phenomena.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 01:26:33 pm »

((It will work out just fine))

((I will also note that waldemaar can't really float (well he can use a significant portion of willpower ever turn and hope that he doesn't get a bad roll, but that's a very bad idea), and as such his assumed locomotion will be walking about on his numerous legs/arms)).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 01:43:55 pm »

Karn spun the two-handed sword around his fingers calmly, testing its balance before resting the large blade on his shoulder, apparently at ease with the weight.
"...No anomalies nearby."

Try to create a shield.

((I'll play it safe for now since I'm a Warrior.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

"Interesting", Malath mused, looking around at his surroundings.

"Might as well start here"

Enter The Drunken Lantern after attempting to make out the fine print on the sign
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 05:51:54 pm »

While your offer is sexy, I think I'll just go with the modified robes.  Somehow I don't think whipping my tits out in the middle of a RTD would help me, at all.  Well... maybe, but I really just don't want to go there.
Erm...aren't nagas reptilian? And therefore lack mammae?

Anyway.

Empoweredly focus on a family farm of some sort.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »

While your offer is sexy, I think I'll just go with the modified robes.  Somehow I don't think whipping my tits out in the middle of a RTD would help me, at all.  Well... maybe, but I really just don't want to go there.

Anyway.

Nagas are half snakes half humans and are commonly believed to have two separate sets of organs, for example, two hearts, one contained in the reptillian/snake lower body and the other contained in the human upper-body.  The have aspects about them that show both reptillian and mammalian tendencies.  I personally usually rule more on the mammilian side.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »

Anyway.

Nagas are half snakes half humans and are commonly believed to have two separate sets of organs, for example, two hearts, one contained in the reptillian/snake lower body and the other contained in the human upper-body.  The have aspects about them that show both reptillian and mammalian tendencies.  I personally usually rule more on the mammilian side.
Meh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 2: COMIC SAAAANNS!
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »

Turn 2
Curse you comic sans!

Go and look at the Market set up just down the street.

"Aghh, how could I forget my sshirt and pantsss.  Sso sstupid sometimes.  Wait... I can't even wear pantsss.  Maybe there will be a market nearby... I feel like that iss right."
[1] In the hope that she could find a market at which to buy a shirt, Ssrah quickly set off sourth. As she went fog temporarily cleared around her, revealing indistinct buildings on the sides of the streets. After half a hour she began to fear she was going into circles, only getting more lost when she tried to turn around to go back. Suddenly figures came out of the fog "Well well well, what do we have here, its one of those snake people isn't it boys, just slithering around even bothering to cover up, I say that she deserves whatever happens."
[1]Their figures are a bit indistinct, and it looks like there are only five of them. They all look like generic humanoid thugs, until one one on the far right opens its eyes and mouth, and says "Perfect a mortal mage all on its own to bind and chew. To chew and rend", the words decide to float lazily in circles around its head. Uh oh. Well, at least it doesn't look like an Anomaly.
((Sorry, a bit of bad luck rolling two ones in a row. I don't know about your chances in a fair fight with them, but you should be able to escape))
"I EXIST! FEELS PRETTY GOOD, I HAVE TO SAY."

Focus on the tiny print. If it says anything that could be applied to me, change it. If or once it doesn't, walk right in.
[5] You look at the tiny print, and after a bit of focusing you clearly see that the bottom text is made to be unreadable, a bit odd you think. Since it doesn't seem to apply to you you don't bother to change it. After that you walk in and look around. The bartender appears to have a rune covered lantern for a head, and a limbs made out of metal rods and pipes, he is waxing the bar with a damp cloth. There are tables all around the room, occupied by murky figures, most look humaniod, but it is a bit hard to tell with the vast cloaks favored by many of them. The figures are talking quietly, and since they have a distrustful aura about them are probably talking about things dangerous and illegal. You sit down at the bar, with a bit of trouble since the seats are designed for humans, but you twist your body and sit down a little uncomfortably. The East wall is made out of a vast tree trunk, so wide its curve isn't immediately obvious.
As you sit the bartender strikes up a conversation "Hey, my name is Lantern anything I can get you?", after he gives you a cheap ale on the house, he asks another more interesting question "Is this your first time down on the Earth? You look like a bit confused like it is your first time down here in the muck, I know I was certainly confused my first time".

"Whoa. This is weird. So we are supposed to defend this place huh?"
Climb to the roof of the Drunken Lantern and get a good view of the surrounding city.

((First RTD engaged. I hope i dont fail too much.))
[5+1]You climb to the top of the building in moments. However, once there you see a colossal tree on the opposite side of the building from where you all started. You rapidly begin to climb, the few branches and lack of handholds little impediment to your agility. After you are a about a hundred feet up you start to get a little leery and think about climbing down, but decide to stick it through to the end. In another minute you are at the top, high above the city below. You see straight ahead that there is a small building inside the tree, its sign reads "The Drunken Tiki". How strange. Some walkways lead off in all directions, but you don't have time to check out where they lead, since you want to check out the land below first.
[1] You look down to the south but can't make out any detail at all. Oh, that was because you forgot you couldn't see through the bark of the tree. How stupid of you. As you turn around to look better five of your bone arrows fall out of your quiver, and are gone before you can grab them. Oh well, at least nothing worse happened.
[3] After you make sure there is nothing blocking your view, you look down to the north and think you can make out the outlines of a few buildings. Maybe.
[4] You look to the west, and see the beginning of a desert about a mile away, before that there are the outskirts of the city. Wait, why are you thinking in Comic Sans?

[6] You shake your head and get rid of the comic sans. Then you look down to the east and see a vast cityscape stretched out, the buildings rapidly becoming larger and fancier. You can also see some tree trunks shooting out of the ground, but don't have time to look at them in detail.
((Its my first time running a RTD, hopefully I don't screw this up too badly either))
Karn spun the two-handed sword around his fingers calmly, testing its balance before resting the large blade on his shoulder, apparently at ease with the weight.
"...No anomalies nearby."

Try to create a shield.
Karn swung his sword around to figure out the weight, it looked pretty nice at first glance. He then turned his attention to crafting a shield.
[4+1] He focuses, and a shield quickly coalesces. It is shaped so that it can perfectly fit in plates on the back of your armor for easier carrying, and is quite tough. It seems to be made of bone though, not at all what you intended, but the bone shield appears to be nearly unbreakable. You have no clue what it is made out of.
"Interesting", Malath mused, looking around at his surroundings.

"Might as well start here"

Enter The Drunken Lantern after attempting to make out the fine print on the sign
[5] You also quickly notice that the bottom of the sign was intentionally unreadable, and although you quickly figure out that those inside know what it means think its better not to ask. As you walk in someone at one of the tables motions you over and says "Hey, I notice that you don't happen to be entirely human. I have a open job available for anyone with a set of talents like your kind often has. Are you interested?"

[2+1+1] You try to bring a family farm into existence. You get the feeling it worked out, and walk west about a hundred feet. Sadly it look like this farm has been abandoned for decades, after looking closer you notice that there is sand everywhere, and you are surrounded by a shrouded city. You figure that the encroachment of both the city and the desert conspired to have people leave the farm. At least you know that there would have been (well, if this reality had existed back then) a time where it was green and grassy here.
The farm appears to be occupied even though its in terrible shape and almost falling apart.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

You may notice that almost all of you used a bit of willpower up. Attempting to define existence, create objects, as well as all current physical actions (like climbing) use up willpower. Don't worry, you will regenerate one at the start of every turn (or two in the case of Malath).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:08:21 pm by lemon10 »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19