Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14500 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 4: A Case of Mistaken Identity
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2012, 08:27:40 pm »

Apologize to the woman, then turn to the nutcase and say, "Who are you, Captain Miracle, and what were you doing?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 1: Lets get this party started
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »

((Wow, a [5] and a [6]. Kind of a shame the information the first roll gave won't help me for now, since ranger is too busy being away from me.))

After realizing his teammates really didn't seem too keen on grouping up, Karn simply shrugged and decided to take a look on what was happening in the east.

"Gentlemen and lady, anomaly approaching!" he started to say in a last-ditch effort to call them as he moved to check on it.

Try to take position on a safe and natural (trees, hills) high/vantage spot. Afterwards, try to spot where the anomaly is.
((Cancelled due to new event. New action in the next post.))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:08:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 12:31:02 am »

RAEG. The forum just deleted tuiruns finished char. Gotta do it over again, oh well, should be fast since I already finalized everything once.
((Wow, a [5] and a [6]. Kind of a shame the information the first roll gave won't help me for now, since ranger is too busy being away from me.))
The [5] gave you A) A longbow (if you had a [3] roll you would have gotten a regular bow, a [2] or a [1] would have broken it), B) a second roll for the string and arrow (a [4] would have just given you a longbow with no extra roll), not quite sure what a [6] as your first roll would have done though (possibly a bonus to the second roll, possibly a slightly better bow).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2012, 01:09:40 am »

Turn 4.5
A new hero is born

A Kitsune jumps through and out of the nexus, surprising Karn and Waldemaar. She quietly says "The Gaurdian sent me, figured that you guys might need a little backup".

((Bit weak, was going to have the Blood Knight dissolve and be replaced by her, but since I decided to keep him, she will just have to appear like this)).

Name: Hikari Tora
Race: Kitsune
Class: Wizard
Subclass: Thaumaturgic Psion
Spells: Faith, Vindication
Traits: Solar powered
Items: None
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 4.5: A New Hero is Born
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2012, 01:42:03 am »

"HAIL, GREAT ADVENTURER AND/OR STRANGE ANIMAL PERSON! I AM WALDEMAAR, WIZARD OF LIMBS, EATER OF STEW, MOST RECENTLY EJECTED FROM THE DRUNKEN LANTERN! ANYWAY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW ME TO A PUB?"

Go to the Drunken Tiki! Enter and ask for this AMAZING drink, making sure to tell them Mr. Lantern sent me. The pub crawl continues!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:09:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2012, 02:08:53 am »

Well, gonna put my sheet right now I guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any reason no-one has made this type of guy? He wouldn't be that good in a low level of reality though...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:03 am »

Just a little tip: You will need more then 1 person to defeat the Anomaly. 2 would stand a pretty decent chance. 3 would be better then even odds. 4 or better is a pretty sure win.
Probably, not quite sure how strong he will actually turn out to be until I start rolling the dice.

While it won't be instant-game over if it gets through, he will probably eat this reality if he sits there uncontested, and even if he just goes through, you might have to go through after him to stop him from just charging up the realities till he gets to the core.

Well, gonna put my sheet right now I guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any reason no-one has made this type of guy? He wouldn't be that good in a low level of reality though...
He would work fine. The only problem I could theoretically see is that he would be in real trouble once he ran out of bullets in a very low tech-super high strength reality (where he has no chance of creating bullets from scratch, or find anyone who could make the gunpowder for the bullets), but I don't think that that is too big of a risk for quite a while.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2012, 03:45:26 am »

In that case I should make a knife as well. For emergencies.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48:27 am »

Grow a new piece of finger, then start exploring the walkways away from the desert.
((On a sidenote, candy knife, aaaw yeah))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:06:05 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2012, 05:24:32 am »

((She doesn't really know where she is. You know where she is even less then she does.))

Ehh, it wouldn't really be a problem, you could easily arm yourself with substandard weaponry if you couldn't use a weapon that you were highly skilled in, and while it wouldn't be perfect, it would work out fine.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2012, 07:51:47 am »

((She doesn't really know where she is. You know where she is even less then she does.))

Ehh, it wouldn't really be a problem, you could easily arm yourself with substandard weaponry if you couldn't use a weapon that you were highly skilled in, and while it wouldn't be perfect, it would work out fine.
((Well, she went South right? I'll edit my turn anyway))
((Would knowing that she just floated up in the sky be too meta?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 08:48:27 am »

((I'm going the Skyrunner route - no need to update my sheet unless needed. I'm taking care of that. :P

Also, good job on your first RTD. I didn't know that one. :D))

"Hail to you Waldemaar, friend echinoderm. And to you sir Knight." the Kitsune replied with a bow. She glanced down before whistling a low tune. "It doesn't look like we were supplied with personal amenities, huh. I will have to refuse your offer until I can get myself into a more decent attire."

Focus on creating Personal Light Armor and, if possible, a Long Sword. Examine current weather.

"Am I too late for aid, good men?"

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:51:51 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 12:06:24 pm »

"Why hello, Hikari. Welcome to weirdness. Or reality. Or whatever you wish to call it."
((Karsten is very high up in the trees, out of our vision range, and Hikari is at ground level with us. I think you can't see/hear/talk to her.))

"Honored to meet you. Karn Asheran, at your service." he said, bowing back to Hikari before he started to look for a suitable observation spot.

As he was about to walk away, the knight thought better and turned back to the kitsune. "Thinking once more, I'd rather stay here than fracture the group even more. There is an anomaly approaching, and we should stand together."

New action: Try to create different types of rune arrows for the longbow (using only a small amount of effort - 1 WP).

Addendum: Establish a link to Hikari.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:57:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »

Hm, no undignified remarks. No comments about my appearance...

Probably the Guardian was right about these good people.

"Hikari Tora, my pleasure to see unity here. I guess the others have separated, yes?" the Kitsune said in reply. "I'm guessing this whole place is generated to your will? If we're facing an anomaly to this Nexus, then why not we try to scout out this thing first? Let's move as a group in its direction, or at least fortify the Nexus in case anything else happens.

"We cannot stay here and defend it forever. I'm thinking it needs some kind of quick transport or locomotion..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2012, 01:38:26 pm »

"Surely. I was about to look for a suitable observation point, but I'll wait until you have finished summoning your personal equipment." he answered, leaning against a wall and examining the longbow.

"Straying far from each other may be a dangerous move in this reality. We do not know if we may be able to find each other with ease afterwards."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19