Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14484 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 4.5: A New Hero is Born
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »

"Is there any way you all have devised for personal communication? I'm sure the Guardian wouldn't have left you that ill-equipped."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »

((And then everyone looked upward and saw a parachuting Naga.  Whee!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

((A naked one? O_o [/kidding]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »

"Is there any way you all have devised for personal communication? I'm sure the Guardian wouldn't have left you that ill-equipped."

"We need to start a connection. It costs a small amount of effort for the starter...Wait a moment, I shall try this."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »

((Well actually yes.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012, 06:44:32 pm »

Sigh. Haven't been able to get on the computer today, and my work on the turn (4/6 people were done) got deleted. I won't have time for a few hours, but will probably have the turn done in ~6 hours or so.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:23 am »

Started working on the turn again.

Quote from: Tiruin link=topic=118323.msg3748724#msg3748724
((Also, good job on your first RTD. I didn't know that one. :D))
Thanks, hope that it continues to go well.

RE: Not having any clothes.
I assumed that as a Kitsune, your default/natural form was of a fox. Since you are obviously in human form, then you will get some free (AKA, without having to do a roll) clothes.

((Well actually yes.))
Naga boobs everywhere!

Sad news: I wrote up a very amusing turn for Karn yesterday (which then got deleted by my mother) since he got a [1] on his roll, but now that he changed his actions he will probably get something less amusing but better (since I will have to reroll). And NOOONE SHALL EVER SEE THE ACTION.

You appear to have some small misunderstandings about some stuff Tiruin (probably due to me not explaining everything I tried to explain well enough, and a lot of information not even getting attempted explanations), will cover as many of misunderstandings I can in the turn post.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:22:35 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 03:10:58 am »

If you have some spare time maybe we could all see it? Make a alternate reality turn hmm?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012, 03:51:42 am »

((let me geuss. I grew a dick instead of a finger?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2012, 04:20:30 am »

((Karn is Caellath. You are Karsten, I believe.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2012, 07:53:24 am »

Arg, sorry for the delay on the turn. My first game of Arkham Horror took about 5 hours longer then I expected it would, about 10 hours in total (thanks in part to the boss being one that extended the game). About halfway through my character became totally badass. Starting then, didn't fail a skill check of any kind until the very end fight against the boss, and did things like fistfight a ghost to death in a necromantic power surge without using any weapons or accepting any help from his minions and having his fighting on the lowest possible setting on purpose, in exactly the two hits he needed to kill it (6, KAPOW, 5, WHAMO) before it could counter attack. Saw a monster that would drive most insane? He just shrugged and killed it. About a quarter of the monsters in the game were too weak to even theoretically hurt him if by some chance he did miss his 15 attack rolls. At one point he learned a accidentally learned a spell that would allow him to teleport back to arkham, he proceeded to purposely burn the knowledge from his mind, because fuck

Most amusing thing in that game was when my friends character (a psychologist with full super high sanity), went to the sunken city of R'yleh, and saw something that made him roll a 1d6, and take that amount of sanity damage (compared to almost every other event which lets you roll a skill check to stop a sanity loss, and even if you do lose sanity you almost always lose less then three), naturally he rolled a 6 and went completely insane, losing half his items. He was really pissed.

I will finish the turn up before I go to bed since I really don't want to delay it any more and said I would have it done six hours ago (even though its 6 AM over here).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 07:59:15 am »

((Karn is Caellath. You are Karsten, I believe.))
((Ow, nvm then.))
((Also, i would have typed more if i wasn't typing that on my phone. Didn't you mention we had some kind of telekenisis to talk to eachother?
I think you even mentioned it was inter-reality.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:00:52 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:57 am »

((Also, i would have typed more if i wasn't typing that on my phone. Didn't you mention we had some kind of telekenisis to talk to eachother?))
((You need to establish a link with the person at the cost of 1 Willpower to do something like that.

Remember the GM saying I was meta-gaming for going after the naga? Yeah, Karsten can't talk to the kitsune.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2012, 08:04:13 am »

((Also, i would have typed more if i wasn't typing that on my phone. Didn't you mention we had some kind of telekenisis to talk to eachother?))
((You need to establish a link with the person at the cost of 1 Willpower to do something like that.

Remember the GM saying I was meta-gaming for going after the naga? Yeah, Karsten can't talk to the kitsune.))
((Alright. I'll cut it out i guess.))
((E: Done. I hope this isn't too much of an inconvinience for you, lemon. If so, sorry.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:06:36 am by miauw62 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:48 am »

Turn 5
Battle: Fight

World News:
The Anomoly walks down the street towards The Drunken Lantern.
It appears to be a jade vase inside a uncovered palanquin carried by six men.
You can tell that men are being controlled by it, merely puppets to its bizarre intellect.
The men walking it see Karn first, and their gazes narrow on him simultaneously.

"Oh a walkway, I think I can get it with my tail."

Get onto that walkway.  Summon a long distance grabber thing to grab onto it if I have to!
[4-1] You grab out with your hands, but can't quite make it. Seeing it floating away, you try extend your arm to reach out to it [3+0, but fail in that too. As you slowly float down, you are able to see The Drunken Lantern in the distance to the north-east. You think you should easily be able to find your way back from here (no roll required for a walk back to the drunken lantern next turn).
((I had some real trouble deciding whether to subtract 1 from your first roll since you were a mage, and decided on doing so in the end, even though it means that you missed out on the neat potential event paths up where you would have gone in the alternate turn I wrote (where I didn't subtract the 1 and you did get onto the walkway)))

Apologize to the woman, then turn to the nutcase and say, "Who are you, Captain Miracle, and what were you doing?"
You start to question him, but he shouts "SUNRISE PUNCH", and his fist swings out at you, with a orange flame trailing backwards.
[1v1] He starts his punch, but somehow he misses you completely and punches himself in the stomach. In your attempt at a counter while he is weak you somehow hit yourself in your stomach. (-1 health)
[4-1v2] Undaunted he shouts "Starlight kick". His leg burns orange, and as he kicks out you hear it break from the force he is using to accelerate his attack. You try to block, but it hits you right across the chest, and sends you flying through the walls of the building behind you, and onto the roof of the building across the street from that. (-7 health) Ow, that really really hurt.

((Lucky you, 1 health remaining, but trying to talk to a superhero you just assaulted wasn't really the best course of action, and since you didn't get a good counter to his first action, let him get two actions in a row))
"HAIL, GREAT ADVENTURER AND/OR STRANGE ANIMAL PERSON! I AM WALDEMAAR, WIZARD OF LIMBS, EATER OF STEW, MOST RECENTLY EJECTED FROM THE DRUNKEN LANTERN! ANYWAY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOLLOW ME TO A PUB?"

Go to the Drunken Tiki! Enter and ask for this AMAZING drink, making sure to tell them Mr. Lantern sent me. The pub crawl continues!
[3+1-1] You manage to climb up to the top of The Drunken Lantern, but then are at a quandary about how to climb up a hundred foot tall tree without any branches on it, you walk around it for a few mintues, then just sit down on the edge of the roof rather annoyed at the barrier to your further pub crawling.

New action: Try to create different types of rune arrows for the longbow (using only a small amount of effort - 1 WP).
[3] You attempt to create some arrows for your bow, and manage to create only a single arrow, made of runes writ upon air. Sadly, it can only interact with things covered in runes, and thus unless you are shooting a rune covered enemy, its completely useless. You now have a Runic Air Arrow.

Looking to the East you see the Anomaly approaching.

You see the Anomaly at the far end of the street, and hurriedly string your bow.
Grow a new piece of finger, then start exploring the walkways away from the desert.
[5] You grow a new piece of finger, and it works even better then before, having what you approximate to be able to apply a pound more of force in either pulling or pushing actions. Not that this will actually ever really help you.
You look at the walkways around you. Each has a little sign above it.
The one to the west says: To land
The one to the south says: Null
The one to the south-west says: Vario's Hydroponic Herbs and Potions Poisons Shop and Farm"
The one to the east is quite a bit obscured.
You decide to go away from the desert, and take the walkway with with the obscured sign.

After about a minute of walking you get to the next station. A button is in the middle, and a sign over it says "Welcome to the Nightmare Factory, push the button to continue".

"Hail to you Waldemaar, friend echinoderm. And to you sir Knight." the Kitsune replied with a bow. She glanced down before whistling a low tune. "It doesn't look like we were supplied with personal amenities, huh. I will have to refuse your offer until I can get myself into a more decent attire."

Focus on creating Personal Light Armor and, if possible, a Long Sword. Examine current weather.
Clothes magically appear on your person.
You then try to create some light armor [2], and fail miserably, and a [5] Long Sword. The long sword appears to be a very nice weapon, but you aren't really a expert in it or anything, and will still suffer a -1 penalty for being a mage when wielding it in combat. You now have a Generic Long Sword.

Looking to the East you see the Anomaly approaching.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

There are three types of beings that have control of and can travel between realities.
A) Anomalies, things from beyond space and time that go to reality with the intention of either destroying or eating it (usually both), common (relatively)
B) Partial Anomalies, natives of realities that somehow gained some of the power of Anomolies, usually by consuming them or stealing their power with local magic, rare.
C) Reality Natives, get their powers without any intervention from beings from outside of their reality. Extremely extremely rare. Ones that have significant power are even rarer. The Guardian is one of the few example of this.

Turuin's Character is the second type.

Everyone else is pretty unique. They aren't really the Guardian, but have some of the same basic types of powers that he has and being constructed of his will. There isn't anything else in any reality that are quite like them.

Within most realities their are being that are crazy powerful, and could easily kill a weaker Anomaly in their realm, its just local power, and beyond their little circle of existence they are powerless.

Sorry this was short and kind of sucked, I just wanted to make sure it was done before I went to bed. When I get up I will make sure to fix all the spelling and such, as well as explaining everything that I wanted to explain in this post but didn't have time before I had to sleep.

There isn't really much need to point out spelling mistakes or the like. I will fix everything upwhen I have time.

Am planning on some mechanics changes for communications between you and such, and will explain those in more detail in my next post.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19