Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Race World-Manage Ye Racing Team!  (Read 3635 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Race World-Manage Ye Racing Team!
« on: October 27, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »

This is a game involving copious amounts of cars. If you do not like cars, leave now. This game also requires management. If you do not like management, you can also leave now. Anyone left? Good. This is a game where you manage a racing team, by hiring racers, buying cars, entering events, and hopefully winning them. Drivers will get better as time progresses, but with other teams in the mix as well, they may put in offers for your drivers-and they may accept them... Can you manage your team and win?

To join, you shall fill in this simple sheet!

Code: [Select]
[b]Team Name:[/b] What do you want your team to be called?
[b]Team Colour:[/b] Give me an RGB value, please.
[b]Starting Driver Name:[/b] You get a free driver! Name him!
[b]Starting Driver Colour:[/b] Another RGB colour please.

All teams are given an infinite supply of GENERIC cars-you can enter your racer in any event that requires them, and there will ALWAYS be races that need them. However, later in the infinite season, there may (read: will) be races with higher cash rewards that need new cars. Any cars you will need will be available for purchase-but more on that later. Right now you need to earn money to buy said cars with-you only start with $50k, and won't get you too far. To get further up in the rankings, you need to enter races with your driver!

This is pretty simple. After I declare the list of races available, you simply need to say that you want your driver to enter, and obviously what race. There can only be six racers per event, and if there is an overflow, the entrants will be dictated randomly. However, if your racer is kicked out but there is an open race that he could feasibly join, it'll automatically happen. Races will be done using GeneRally with screenshots. The winner will get the listed prize money for his team (after the driver's cut) and the driver will also gain skill-it'll usually be 6 for a first, 5 for second etc.

"Wait," you may be asking, "The driver gets a cut? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED ABOUT THIS!" Well, hold ye horses, fellow, because I will explain. Beside his skill, a racer also has a contract. For the starting driver, it's automatically a 10 week, $0k signing, 0% cut contract, so basically it costs you nothing. Other racers may buy your racer out of the contract, and you'll have to negotiate over it... unless the 10 week contract runs out. After which point, the racer becomes a free agent and anyone can hire him and he'll usually take the best looking offer.

You can also create racers for your team. You can name the new fellow and give him a colour, but the contract for him will be different: unless you don't have a driver, the signing fee is $10k. He'll have the bare minimum of 0 skills, like all new drivers, but he's a new driver-what do you expect? He'll have the usual 10 week contract and take a 0% cut, but as with all drivers, better ones demand better pay checks (Assume that new drivers survive on sponsorships etc).

Of course, GENERIC vehicles may not always be enough. When a new race comes up and needs a new car type, it'll be available for sale. You can buy one for the marked price, and a driver can use it in the events. However, what if you have two drivers? You need to buy two cars, or only enter one man in the event. There are always infinite numbers of GENERIC cars, however, so you needn't worry about them. And if you want to, you can sell a car for half its worth.

The weeks will last however long I deem appropriate. Probably a week. Whatever. With each week, I'll post a few screenshots for each race and all the important things that happened, along with a list of teams and racers. So if you think you can keep your cool and have your team rise to the top, then by all means, try. After all, what's the worse that could happen? Here, have a few races for Week 1.

WEEK 1 RACE LISTINGS

OFHUL CIRCUIT DERBY LOOP
GENERIC Class
20 laps on the world's simplest track with only two corners.
FIRST: $12k
SECOND: $9k
THIRD: $7k
FOURTH: $5k
FIFTH: $3k
SIXTH: $0k

AUSTRALIA CITY CIRCUIT
GENERIC Class
7 laps in Australia's city center, with tight corners, fast straights and one very lethal two way road!
FIRST: $12k
SECOND: $9k
THIRD: $7k
FOURTH: $5k
FIFTH: $3k
SIXTH: $0k
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race World-Manage Ye Racing Team!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »

TEAM LIST

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IamanElfCollaborator (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kaskyyk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tsuchigumo550 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: evilcherry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bobboy555 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:44:00 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:22:01 am »

Bump to get some love. And maybe so I can use this post later.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:28:00 am »

Perhaps you could try summarizing what one needs to do to join?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:29:04 am »

Reserve. Maybe. Maybe not.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:36 am »

Perhaps you could try summarizing what one needs to do to join?
To join, you shall fill in this simple sheet!

Code: [Select]
[b]Team Name:[/b] What do you want your team to be called?
[b]Team Colour:[/b] Give me an RGB value, please.
[b]Starting Driver Name:[/b] You get a free driver! Name him!
[b]Starting Driver Colour:[/b] Another RGB colour please.
._.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:00:33 am »

I guess I was a bit too specific...

Alright, I'll give this a shot.

Team Name: Golden Gyros
Team Colour: 255, 215, 0
Starting Driver Name: Albert K. Poun
Starting Driver Colour: 176, 196, 222
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:32 am »

Ok, your team has been created and Albert is ready to go. Do you want him to race at Ophal or Australia?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:08 am »

Ophal! I want to see how a track has exactly two corners!
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:13 am »

Team Name:Tan Barons
Color:213,111,56
Starting Driver:Gordon Smith
Color:222,124,56

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 11:23:13 am »

Gordon is now also a person now. Ophul or Australia?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 11:24:45 am »

Ophul.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 07:51:50 am »

...I think a bump is in order.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 12:30:31 pm »

Team Name: Brawn
Team Colour: (121, 172, 238)
Starting Driver Name: Ray Sleeder
Starting Driver Colour: (179, 15, 15)

And if accepted, Ray will enter the Australian race.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:42 pm »

Ray is now being forever alone in Australia. I guess if we get another person there we can just have a pair of 1 vs 1 races (with full prizes =P)
Pages: [1] 2 3