Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Ritual 2: All spots taken. No waitlist.  (Read 5050 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Ritual 2: All spots taken. No waitlist.
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08:32 am »

TO BATTLE. NOW. LET'S FIGHT. I WANT TO SMITE THE GM OPPONENTS NOW.

It would be pretty amusing if the AI NPC killed all the other players.
This was planned to happen in the first Ritual, but in a Simple sort of way, did not happen.

Um...there wasn't an NPC in The Ritual, as far as I remember. Simple had one kill, which was a player that I can't remember, but Simple was the offense fighter and the other guy was the offense scout.
Thanks for forgetting. Thank you so much. Simple was planned to be NPC'd because he disappeared from Bay12. Planned to be, until he disappeared in-game because of that.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 10:13:33 am »

TO BATTLE. NOW. LET'S FIGHT. I WANT TO SMITE THE GM OPPONENTS NOW.

It would be pretty amusing if the AI NPC killed all the other players.
This was planned to happen in the first Ritual, but in a Simple sort of way, did not happen.

Um...there wasn't an NPC in The Ritual, as far as I remember. Simple had one kill, which was a player that I can't remember, but Simple was the offense fighter and the other guy was the offense scout.
Thanks for forgetting. Thank you so much. Simple was planned to be NPC'd because he disappeared from Bay12. Planned to be, until he disappeared in-game because of that.
Hey, I don't remember much. I don't have the turn log. I deleted it because I thought I would never make a sequel. Looking back at The Ritual, there were so many problems with that game.

Anyway, making characters. Currently working on the NPC, because as I said, there's going to be an actual plot, yay. An actual plot twist too - one that is relevant to both The Ritual and this sequel. In fact, I may be making a story-based PvE spin-off since I'm now adding to the game universe as well. I know I'm thinking forward too much, but there's a lot of potential.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 10:42:39 am »

All the veterans are clustered together at the bottom of the list.  What does that mean?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:59 am »

((This is also why I love these games - sooo much potential in the hands of the GM. And we have Toaster. So...))

Edit:

@Toaster: That's the ranking of Classes - in descending order from the list. :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:12 am »

All the veterans are clustered together at the bottom of the list.  What does that mean?

Perhaps it means that Wit classes are attractive to players because it is immensely satisfying to defeat a physically superior foe through trickery?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:42 am »

Perhaps it means that Wit classes are attractive to players because it is immensely satisfying to defeat a physically superior foe through trickery?
It means that it just happened so that the veterans picked the classes that are at the bottom of the list. : V

Anyway, I'm feeling lazy-ish and I only finished 2 sheets out of 8, but I'll try writing more today anyway. Also I have a pretty clear idea on what I want to do with the NPC, how I will develop the plot and how it ties in with the next game. Which will be set in the same world, but with a different scenario. Of course assuming I'm not too lazy to make another game after this. Well, at least this will be a lot easier to host once some people die.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:57 am »

((This is also why I love these games - sooo much potential in the hands of the GM. And we have Toaster. So...))

Well, you can see my sheet.  Not *too* much potential for insane absurdity there.

Though a Psychomancer has now been added to my list of ideas for this gametype.  Ho ho ho.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 01:45:33 pm »

So, will our character abilities be posted for everyone to see, or will they be kept secret from the other players until used?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »

So, will our character abilities be posted for everyone to see, or will they be kept secret from the other players until used?

The latter.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 08:16:29 am »

4 of 8 characters done, yay! Everyone is overpowered!
 Spartan still needs to make a character. Due to his unexplained lack of activity, we will start without him if he does not make a character by the time all the other characters are finished.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

4 of 8 characters done, yay! Everyone is overpowered!
 Spartan still needs to make a character. Due to his unexplained lack of activity, we will start without him if he does not make a character by the time all the other characters are finished.
I have a character. I just need to finish the bio.

Edit: Done, it's not that awesome, but done nonetheless
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:33:34 pm by Spartan »
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:15 am »

Sorry, busy times. Perhaps I can start the game tomorrow.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:51 am »

Starting either tomorrow or the day after that. Wanted to start today, but this was one of those days when one bad thing leads to another, which then leads to yet another and so on until you've wasted all of your time and nerves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]