Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 425279 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: Hive Sweet Hive
« Reply #5955 on: November 12, 2012, 10:02:32 pm »

"Anyways, moral of the story is, I am a bastard and an idiot."
Sona scoots up beside him.
"Aww. Don't call yourself that. We'll forgive you."
"Not that I don't appreciate it, but I don't really deserve forgiveness."
She smiles at him.
"You're sorry. You deserve forgiveness."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »

"Woooorrrrsssse, knoooowing that it'sssss noooot even intentioooonal oooorrrr sssspite, but RRRREQUIRRRED, and that sssshe woooould let me have coooontrrrrooooll... Except that it woooould kill ussss. It'ssss harrrrd noooot tooooo be rrrresssentful."

Bartholomew's face lights in comprehension and he spends some time thinking it over. Ke's combat form is like another person entirely, but she also has her tastes and dreams, she desires to experience more than combat...And she apparently also happens to have an interest in romance.

According to what he had gathered so far from their kind, they were created especifically for certain purposes. Would Ke's second personality be a deviation from the standard?

"I understand your point. And I admire your dedication." The medic wishes he could say more, to tell her she was not forgotten by him, that he liked her as well. But he knows it would only hurt her further, that it would remind Primal Ke that she can never have anything deeper with him than the relation between a bodyguard and a customer. Any attempts at sugar-coating the situation would only make matters worse.

Barth lowers his head, partly in defeat and partly lost in thought. He wishes he'll find a way in this land to solve that problem and separate both of Ke's personalities, for their own good. But he won't tell her, for if he's unable to find a way of doing it, he'll have never given her false hopes only to have them crushed...Ahh damn it. "Thanks for telling me. This is a different world, and if there is any way of getting you in separate bodies, it will be here. And I'll try to get it done."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »

Maria blinks at herself and backs off, blushing.

"Err... You just...made me remember something, that's all."

She shakes her head.
"I-it's nothing."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:43 pm »

"Um.. Okay?"
He also sortof blushes as well.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

After a few more moments, Maria throws her hands up.

"FINE! I'll tell you, I'll tell you! It wasn't too long ago..."

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »

"Woooorrrrsssse, knoooowing that it'sssss noooot even intentioooonal oooorrrr sssspite, but RRRREQUIRRRED, and that sssshe woooould let me have coooontrrrrooooll... Except that it woooould kill ussss. It'ssss harrrrd noooot tooooo be rrrresssentful."

Bartholomew's face lights in comprehension and he spends some time thinking it over. Ke's combat form is like another person entirely, but she also has her tastes and dreams, she desires to experience more than combat...And she apparently also happens to have an interest in romance.

According to what he had gathered so far from their kind, they were created especifically for certain purposes. Would Ke's second personality be a deviation from the standard?

"I understand your point. And I admire your dedication." The medic wishes he could say more, to tell her she was not forgotten by him, that he liked her as well. But he knows it would only hurt her further, that it would remind Primal Ke that she can never have anything deeper with him than the relation between a bodyguard and a customer. Any attempts at sugar-coating the situation would only make matters worse.

Barth lowers his head, partly in defeat and partly lost in thought. He wishes he'll find a way in this land to solve that problem and separate both of Ke's personalities, for their own good. But he won't tell her, for if he's unable to find a way of doing it, he'll have never given her false hopes only to have them crushed...Ahh damn it. "Thanks for telling me. This is a different world, and if there is any way of getting you in separate bodies, it will be here. And I'll try to get it done."

She grins sarcastically, and lowers her head, blood dripping from her eyes now.

"Yoooou arrre sincerrrre... Which oooonly makessss it woooorrrrssse in the loooong rrrrrun..."

She lays down, and begins to spasm quietly. The claws retracting, the armored plates melting away until the bloodstained passive is sitting there instead.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »

She smiles at him.
"...I don't, I assure you. Thanks anyway."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:01 pm »

Maria enters storytelling mode.

"We were out in the desert, fleeing from a lost battle, when we came upon an oasis. Naturally, we tried to drink of it, refill our water, et cetera.  We were about a third of the way through when some of us started acting strangely and complaining of rashes and such. I think the water was laced with mercury or worse. They became violent and irrational, and while most of them died before they could do any damage, some of them were a different story. One of them was a good friend of mine. He took three other knights down and was about to kill a fourth before I stopped him. He didn't survive."

She shakes the tears out of her eyes.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: November 12, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

"Oh... I feel sorry for your loss."
Lucas is at a loss for words.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: November 12, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »

She lays down, and begins to spasm quietly. The claws retracting, the armored plates melting away until the bloodstained passive is sitting there instead.

"See you later." Bartholomew says firmly - trying to transmit part of his determination to Ke's other form, apparently - before sitting down and waiting for the weaker Ke to appear.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:51 pm »

Maria sighs and softly holds onto Lucas again.

"...."

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: November 12, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »

Lucas wordlessly does the same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »

James looks down, taking in Maria's story.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

She lifts her head curiously, looking to Barth.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:35 pm »

She smiles at him.
"...I don't, I assure you. Thanks anyway."
Sona just scoots up next to him and grabs his shoulder.
"Listen. sYou do. You just need to forgive yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1337