Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 424850 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: Hive Sweet Hive
« Reply #7905 on: November 18, 2012, 01:40:47 am »

"...Gods." Barth is confused for a while...Then his head is pushed against the wall as if it had been kicked against it, and he could swear he saw a blur of movement.

He grunts for a moment and his vision blacks out briefly as he tries to understand what has been happening. After some blinking and holding his head, he seems to start to get to his senses.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: November 18, 2012, 01:45:30 am »

He has no response to his hand disintegrating, only looking at it curiously.  He throws what used to be a sword at Maria before leaping up into the air and kicking her in the chest. As he kicks, she notices something on the toe of his boot. The same yellow chunks that were on his glove. She has little time to contemplate this however, before it smashes into her chest. While at first, it hits her with the force of an ordinary human, it upgrades to the force of an ordinary freight train, concentrated into one point on her collarbone.

Buckler doesn't care for Ke, and the glowing claws have no effect on its opinion on her. It prepares to open fire.

James can't tell. All he can see is absolute havoc. And Lucas pointing a rifle at him.

Tyrion stumbles over another pod.
Damn it, why did I do this? If only someone more competent were here. Jim, Feyri...

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: November 18, 2012, 01:48:04 am »

She leaps at the dog, slashing at the gun. Her heated claws likely cut through the metal with inhuman ease. Then, she would try to focus. To find the source of the manipulations, as she drives one claw through the head of the dog.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: November 18, 2012, 01:48:35 am »

Tyrion stumbles over another pod.
Damn it, why did I do this? If only someone more competent were here. Jim, Feyri...
((The giant space marine made for combat... ::) ))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:01 am »

Maria takes serious damage and is sent a pretty sizable distance away, but two interesting things happen.

One: Her scabbard turns into a spider, climbs out from under her, and leaps onto the man's head. And tries to bite through his skull.

Two: Her chants, despite sounding a bit wonky, start attacking him all over, as though he were in a vat of acid. Of course, they can't get too far in, but they can easily reach veins and arteries, it's just a matter of time before he dies of massive blood loss. Or at least,that's the idea. It also makes him too small for his boots!

Meanwhile, Camille pokes Lucas.

"He is not pointing a rifle at anyone. He is knocked out."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:00:00 am by Twi »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: November 18, 2012, 02:00:41 am »

"He is not pointing a rifle at anyone. He is knocked out."

"Oh, I was worried for a moment there."
James stumbles over to Camille, preferring to stay next to a relatively rational person. He watches the various creatures, waiting for one of them to make an attack.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:31 am »

There is a very sharp, screeching sound of metal being torn as the artificial claws of a prosthetic arm dig into already-torn metal.

The figure that had kicked the side of Barth's head sighs and drops from atop one of the pods, the wing rocket pods on his back spreading as he lands. It wears an armor similar to Tyrion's but covered in gashes and blood, a damaged cloak made from an anti-ballistic material behind him. His helmet sports a brushed bronze design of a honey badger.

He sighs for a moment before raising his head to Tyrion. "Hey. Why did you bring them here?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: November 18, 2012, 02:03:57 am »

"The man with the glove is the real enemy, apparently. Speaking of which!"

Camille zooms off back into the Stasis room. Despite the horrors, she manages to find the man and promptly empties eight rounds at once into him. Nursing her hand, and barely avoiding Maria, she speeds back to the lobby while her autoloader does its work. She seems a bit horrified by how Maria looked.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:06:11 am by Twi »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: November 18, 2012, 02:10:23 am »

"Uh, thanks. Incidentally, when we get back to the hive, you have got to make my gun one of those things."
He runs to the doorway to the stasis room and takes cover on the wall next to it. He fires a few shots at the man, stepping back to reload.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: November 18, 2012, 02:12:37 am »

The spider leaps towards him, but he ducks again, snatching the gadget from the air. While he's distracted, Camille fires into him. The shots hardly pierce, but he stumbles forward before dropping and discards the spider. He vanishes from everyone's vision again. Maria and Diaena can still see him, but to everyone else, all is as it was when they first entered the room.

Lucas lowers his rifle at James, as Camille pokes what she thought was his unconscious body. Just as Lucas is to fire though, the world shatters again, letting everyone see the world for how it is. Lucas' shot goes wide, bouncing off the walls before returning to his rifle and collapses into a heap. The world quickly reassembles its illusion, but Lucas remains unconscious on the floor.

As Tyrion sees, and hears the newcomer, he turns around and looks at him.
"Milno? You're here?"
His tones are that of hope, and of earnest disbelief. He nods and points into the pod room.
"I don't know, sir. I just was looking around."

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: November 18, 2012, 02:15:41 am »

Diaena flows away from Barth... And into Ke, who now has metal plates over her eyes. She looks towards the man, and snarls, letting the Overseer spot for her. She slithers towards him, claws glowing brighter.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: November 18, 2012, 02:17:32 am »

Maria begins to regenerate at particularly fast speeds, and manages to stand up ever so slowly, still chanting and dissolving the man's flesh.

Meanwhile, the spider starts chomping down on the nearest pieces of metal. And eating them. As it turns out....

The gears have returned. And they help Arandal eat faster until it's absolutely covered in blindingly fast, screeching, grinding gears.

Newly armed and armored, the spider leaps for the man's chest this time and tries to rip it to shreds via the aforementioned gears.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:19:59 am by Twi »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:51 am »

Barth stays in cover after Diaena leaves him, watching the situation unravel. "This place is like a dungeon."

"Well, drag your ass out of here then." the figure growls from inside the helmet. "You haven't learned anything from those missions?" he says as he makes more of the same screeching noise as he rips a sheet of metal with his prosthetic arm.

He takes a gauss rifle - a coilgun, but smaller - and a bulkier weapon, like a machine gun version of the same weapon, from his back and taps the wall, showing the way out. "Just lead them out. This ship has already stood too much time around here. Your friends can take care of Doc's shadow, although I'd rather have them just retreat."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:23:48 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: November 18, 2012, 02:23:44 am »

She slithers over to Milno curiously, keeping her 'eyes' on the other, her armor now glowing with heat.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:45 am »

Tyrion cringes at his words, even recoiling a little.
"I've learned. I hope. Look, Milno. I'm not worthy of your help. But, thank you."

The Man crashes his fist into the bot as it leaps at him, sending it soaring back towards Maria. He follows it, dashing towards her at speeds seemingly superhuman, his fist drawn back, ready to finish the job he'd started a few moments ago.

Tyrion suddenly stands up and shouts again.
"All of you, run! Milno can handle him from here on!"
He points down the hall that Milno designated.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1337