Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 423099 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #18315 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:31 pm »

Ariana goes on guard and walks to the coughing sound, pointing her spear outwards. "Hello?"
Andre stops in the middle of a prayer and steps towards the coughing.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #18316 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:33 pm »

"Corporal *cough* Mara at *cough* ease!"

A female-looking cat pulls herself out of the pile,coughing and rubbing her throat.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: January 23, 2013, 02:19:29 pm »

"Are you alright? Well, I mean aside from the obvious."
Andre walks over to make sure Mara isn't hurt and to heal her if she is.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:37 pm »

"No. I feel like shit. My hands hurt from trying to strangle myself. My throat hurts from the squeezing, and my ribs hurt from bring crushed under a load of my friends' corpses.

And all my friends are dead. I'm not alright in any sense of the word."

Mara stays still and sighs, shaking her head.

Richard and Gaston share surprised looks.

"What."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »

"Of course. My apologies."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18320 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »

She sighs and starts recounting the incident.

"I was training with the rest of my colleagues under Sergeant Alister. He was training us on how to fire a bow.

Then, General Icefang walks in, with new orders, telling us to kill ourselves. Sarge goes up to her, asks her why this is, so she impales him with a claw.

Everyone, including me, points a bow at her, but she does some...mojo or something.

Suddenly, we're all choking ourselves, and Sarge gets thrown around like a ragdoll.

I managed to stop myself, and played dead, and being buried alive by a bunch of my dead colleagues helped.

Last I heard before I fell asleep from playing dead is a flapping of feathers, then a whooshing, and Icefang cursing."

Mara sighs and wipes her eye.

"I'm sorry. They were good men and women. Especially the Sarge.

Will you avenge them?"

"Wait....KE did this?!"

"I doubt it was whoever zis 'Icefang' person is. We haven't seen zem around in ages.

Chances are it was a doppelgänger. Or someone with similar abilities. So don't fret, Monsieur Collins. It isn't 'Ke', whoever she is."

((I needed someone the cats knew well enough. Ke was the first one I could think of.

Hopefully Cassandra doesn't come back to take Ke again.....otherwise I'm dead.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:42 pm »

((And then Cassandra comes back tomorrow. Hilarity ensues.))
"Hm. Well, the flapping sound makes it much, much clearer."
Andre nods at Mara. "We will. Believe me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: January 23, 2013, 03:06:25 pm »

"So. From what it sounds like, someone disguised as Ke went in, hypnotised/Geassed everyone into strangling themselves, and got chased off by Harbinger."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: January 23, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »

((Hilarity will happen, trust me.))
Marie sighs.
"I knew something was off about those corpses... Well, welcome back, Mara.
Anyways. AHEM! Richard, go to the forge. There's a computer there. If I recall correctly, it's networked with Camille's laptop. Which Camille took along. And knowing that stalker of a woman, her laptop is connected to Lazarus's cameras somehow. See what I'm getting at?
"

Sapphira, meanwhile, looks at Mara curiously.

"...Where I'm from, nekomata can charm people, not the other way around. Well...Okay, they can't control minds, but they can manipulate emotions to some degree. "

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: January 23, 2013, 03:27:21 pm »

"Hmm. Seems like our best bet, right now."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: January 23, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

"She'd better not have taken videos of anyone.

But if Mara is correct, and my hunch is right, then we'll see Ke using what may well be a Geass on them, then Harbinger fighting her off or teleporting away with her."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: January 23, 2013, 03:30:34 pm »

"Wait, Geass as in like, the anime? ...That would work, I s'pose. Anyways, get to it, Richard."

Sapphira continues to look at Mara curiously.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:33:36 pm by Twi »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: January 23, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

"I do mean that Geass. It's possible if we believe samsara is at work here.

We may well have an evil Britannian prince wandering around the Lost and Found. With the power to hypnotise us, and possibly with some artefact allowing them to rip off doppelgängers.

Either way, this is the best way of finding out."

Richard tries to get into the computer.

"Dammit, I need a password."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: January 23, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »

Marie tells Richard the (very, very long and complex) password. And all the other things needed to get on. Notably, saying a specific phrase. The future apparently has word recognition down pat.

"I DID like Exalted, so you are free to keep saying 'samsara'. So many demigods...tee hee."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: January 23, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

Ariana scratches the back of her head. She's not too sure of what Marie and Richard are going on about.
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1337