Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 423463 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #17460 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:17 pm »

Nathan barely resists the urge to shrug again. "So, where do you come from, then?"
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #17461 on: January 15, 2013, 06:54:12 am »

"The Abyss. The Deep Dark. The underworld. The Underdark.
The underground in general.

Though the humans call our world Allatra. Not sure why.
"

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: January 15, 2013, 07:25:20 am »

"Hrm. Latin, right? Can't quite remember what it means, mind you.
Still, sounds like an... interesting place."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:04 am »

Phyliss decides to stop trying and call on another tactic.

"Tanuki!"

Another ghost appears! A bright-eyed, dark haired woman, wearing garb that seems like it would be suited for ADVENTUROUS ARCHAEOLOGY in the manner of Indiana Jones (albeit with less romance), if rather more medieval in character. Looks good, though, if dusty. She carries a spear and a spade and seems somewhat irritated.

"M'lady Phyliss, that's not my name. My name is-"

"Complain later, help now. See that over there?"

She points to the darkness, which Marie is frantically running -- well, flying-- away from.

"I would like you to do something about that. "

"Very well."

The new ghost focuses for a moment, then points at the darkness confidently and yells a single word:

"<STOP.>"

As you might have guessed from the amount of formatting, although this is not in any language anyone knows, it is no mere word! Nay, it is a mystical command crafted from the very essence of the world!... Or...something. Whatever it is, if successful (which it usually was, not that past experience is likely to mean much here), it makes the darkness (which presumably means Noxus and anything else he's doing), well, stop.

...Regardless of success, the ghost then cowers behind Phyliss. She looks much less cool now.

Noxus doesn't stop, speaking in an incomprehensible garble which cows everyone in the room, before turning away from Marie.

And turning to the presence.

">YoU MEss wIth foRcES bEYOnd yOUr kEN, uNDeaD OnE.

PREpaRe to dIe!"<"

As can be imagined, it is in the same incomprehensible tongue, which seems to install fear in everyone in the room.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:04 pm »

Andre takes a step back. "That's... actually fairly impressive."
He inhales, grips his sword and charges the darkness, faintly glowing with divine light.
Ariana's still firing soul arrows.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: January 15, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

Maria stares, not sure what to do about this opponent, though she withstands the mental assault. She eventually settles for being ready to heal things.

Marie is really not that affected, perhaps unsurprisingly, and throws more buffs on Andre. Camille runs and hides, though.

The new ghost blinks. She is pretty scared...

"W-wait a minute. Do y-you even HAVE a Language deva?"

Phyliss, on the other hand, seems to burn with rage. To be fair, rage and anger seem to be normal emotional states for her.

"To the crows with that, old skull! You're the one who don't know what you're doing. Fighting someone you know you can't hurt, and a number of others besides, and you think you're going to succeed? Pah! I've seen smarter things come out of a warhorse's mouth. Now, then, Tanuki, why don't you show him what you're made of? "
'Tanuki' is...a bit less afraid now.
"B-but my n-name's n-not..."

"Soulsplitter then! You have conquered far too much to be cowed this easily! Press onwards!"

Finally, Phyliss inspires her enough to do something useful! Namely, she summons up what looks vaguely like a woman made out of light.  The summon promptly blasts at Noxus with a decently sized beam thereof.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: January 15, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »

Noxus retaliates by summoning a howling demon, who appears to have Phyliss' face, but otherwise different. The demon is howling in the same language Noxus was just shouting in.

The demon takes the beam, before charging at the summon, screaming  at it.

Noxus turns to Andre and Ariana. He slams a large, blunt object into Andre, before blasting a large, black, smoking arrow at Ariana, that swallows her arrows up.

Richard, who was cowering, gets up and attempts to summon Galahad, scared.

Corvus/Harbinger seems to be busy muttering something from a book.
Gaston and Alith are snoring outside, unconscious.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: January 15, 2013, 04:44:56 pm »

Andre is knocked to the ground by the slam, but rises quickly. He continues his charge, a bit slower than before.
Ariana dodges the arrow. She summons a few of the deadly blue orbs from earlier and sends them at Noxus.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »

Noxus hisses, and swerves around the orbs before descending upon Andre like a blanket of night.

Andre is now surrounded by darkness, hearing nothing but unnerving whispers in the unnerving tongue of Noxus. From every direction.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: January 15, 2013, 04:50:17 pm »

The summon just gets out of the way and blasts back.

"... No fair. He's even copying my souls. One does not simply create n-"

"Stop complaining! "

Marie, meanwhile, continues buffing away.

Maria heals someone. I dunno.

Camille shoots at Noxus, just because.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: January 15, 2013, 04:51:17 pm »

The shots go straight through Noxus....

...and directly into Andre. Who's still inside.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: January 15, 2013, 04:53:07 pm »

((Ack, misread that. But I did not say that Camille was thinking straight, so it works. :P))

The summon is blasting the demon, by the way. In case that wasn't clear.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »

The demon screams, laughing maniacally and extending his arms out to the summon.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

Andre gets wounded by the shots, but makes an attempt to ignore them.
He plunges his sword into the ground and holds up his talisman, which seems to be the source of the light covering him. The light intensifies and grows, hopefully doing some kind of damage to Noxus.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »

Noxus screams hard into the space Andre is in, and tightens the space.
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 1337