Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1337

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore  (Read 424623 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #16995 on: January 11, 2013, 04:57:02 pm »

"Receiving input from soul unit...

I don't think this makes any sense anymore. Anyways, you're a very silly little thing, being made of emotion and telling me to lose emotion, but apparently you're part of me and not a devil or something. Get back in here, I guess?

...Termination order received. Commencing termination.
"

Maria advances on Shadow!Maria.

Camille shoots at it a bit with cryolaser, just for the heck of it.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Multiverse 2.0: I have no clue what's going on anymore
« Reply #16996 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »

"Tch. Silly, indeed."
Andre continues moving to Shadow Marie, but at much quicker pace.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:06 pm »

"So it is. Rejection confirmed.

Proceeding with termination. SANTA ANNA, EMERGE."

Shadow Maria shoots her Evoker, and a twisted version of Thera appears, bombarding the party with cannons.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:01:08 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: January 11, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

"Hey now, Marrrria didn't deny anything. Why do you get to summon a Perrrsona?! "
Camille rushes out of the line of fire and around the big, bulky Persona,  shooting at Shadow!Maria some more, switching to normal hot laser.

Maria, meanwhile, gets hit, but soldiers onward.

"Processing...

Error: Construct is dependent on soul mainframe. Cleaning and reshielding required. Rebooting.

Wait, what the-
"

And then Maria didn't have a soul. Or, incidentally, emotions. At the very least, they're not active, and not accessible.

Marie gets hit by a cannonball and flickers, coughing. She then stares at Maria.

"Wait, what?! That's gotta be illegal or something! Totally cheating!"

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:32 pm »

Andre dashes towards Shadow Maria, getting winged by a cannon ball as he runs.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »

"She rejected her own machine half. Termination imminent."

She switches to Santa Maria, who uses Stand Ground to boost defense, before grunting at Camille and running at the completely unawares Richard, ignoring Andre.

Gaston shouts and runs towards him, attempting to parry the attack, while Alith is fumbling around with his arrows.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »

"Making this easy, aren't we?"
Andre attacks Shadow Maria while her back is turned on him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:21:53 pm by SomeStupidGuy »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:05 pm »

((But she didn't~ D: At most, Red!Maria's point was that you can't have just one or the other. And, well... If Maria's rejecting her machine half, why hasn't she once tried to shut it up?))

Maria presses onward, interposing herself between Shadow!Maria and Richard. She also takes out her Evoker and summons Santa Anna. Who looks at the other Santa Anna with bemusement before bashing Shadow!Maria with her banner.

"Drawing emotions back into soul unit now. "

Maria's soul is still dormant, by the way.

Meanwhile, Camille continues shooting! And Marie continues looking on with bemusement.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: January 11, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

((Technically, she rejected Shadow Maria by rejecting her point. Shadows are fickle arses.))

Both Santa Annas are equally as strong, while Shadow Maria attempts to impale Maria with Arandal. Richard notices the fight and runs backwards.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: January 11, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »

((Awww.))

Maria steps out of the way. Magic circles appear under both Maria's. It looks kinda like something is supposed to flow from the shadow to the real one.

Santa Anna does her best to get in Shadow!Maria's way.

Camille steers clear of both of them.

((Where Maria's from originally (that is, the place that made her), possession is a thing that can and does happen reasonably often, as is people's souls getting knocked out of their bodies outright. Souls in general are often manipulated by these people, as you might have guessed from the whole 'artificial soul for a robot' thing. So Maria has soul/emotion movement magic.

So she's basically un-excorcising Shadow!Maria into herself. wut. ))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:29:01 pm by Twi »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: January 11, 2013, 05:28:47 pm »

((....except she still HAS that part in her. It's just manifested outside her. :P))

Santa Anna is kept into the fight by the other Santa Anna. Shadow Maria ignores the circle, before rushing Maria.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

The circles move just enough for:

"Initiating transfer.

...Process failed. Soul unit is still whole. Moving to secondary protocol. Soul barrier engaging.
"

..to happen. And for Maria to get a nasty slash wound. She moves out of the way and, as she stated, begins trying the 'block all connection between soul and outside world' method.  Santa Anna vanishes as a result.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: January 11, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »

Aaaand the party gets back attacked. With orbs of force.

"Bunch of wimpy cowards."

Richard is knocked aside, as is Gaston. It misses Alith, who takes the opportunity to hide.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: January 11, 2013, 05:42:40 pm »

"Oh dear." Andre looks at the source of the orbs.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »

((Does that mean Maria's thing didn't work?))

Maria is pushed about a bit. Camille dodges, but Marie gets thrown against a wall.
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1337