Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wild Mass Guessing: The year 2060 AD  (Read 8958 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mass Guessing: The year 2060 AD
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »

Fighting continued, blood was spilled, and many lived and died, just as they had in the old world. But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the fight for survival is a war without end, and war... war never changes.
:P
Unless someone uses one of those Plutonium-Cobalt bombs. Then its a Dr. Strangelove Scenario.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

Fighting continued, blood was spilled, and many lived and died, just as they had in the old world. But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the fight for survival is a war without end, and war... war never changes.
Unless someone uses one of those Plutonium-Cobalt bombs. Then its a Dr. Strangelove Scenario.
I don't those only have an effective radius of about 7 square miles?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 10:31:18 pm »

Well lets see since Wild Mass Guessing is TVtropes I guess this is needed

"The year 2060 AD is a time lord"

It would explain everything

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »

Pretty sure it's Cobalt Thorium G.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:53 pm »

I don't those only have an effective radius of about 7 square miles?
Not if you se a multi-stage one. MIRV and such. Enoughh of them and it ends life. Nesides, we already have enough nukes to do that as it be, all needed is someone willing to go the extra mile of "salting them" as I understand.

Watch as the Nuclear fog envelops you.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 08:45:53 am »

Well lets see since Wild Mass Guessing is TVtropes I guess this is needed

"The year 2060 AD is a time lord"

It would explain everything
Needs "and X is its TARDIS"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 08:46:40 am »

It's more likely the british will nuke the united states for no reason (which you also have in there).
"And today dear Overlord Prime Minster of the glorious United Kingdom and its sovereign nations his holiness Boris Johnson, baron and mayor of London has declared that as of next monday, 4000 of the myriad secret trident submarines are on their way to utterly annihilate the United States of America with nuclear weapons, and from the rubble, construct one massive series of interconnected Boris bikes."
The United states kinda has enough nuclear subamerine sthat if the US dies, everyone goes. and the Anti-Balistic Missile system, can't forget about that.
Used against ICBMS. The system's got nothing when Boris Johnson paratroops millions of bombs on bicycles onto the hapless lands of Murrica.
From space.
And underground.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

Tons of famous people will be dead, no one will like the US president, and horrible things will be going on in some part of the world.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 04:37:21 pm »

Tons of famous people will be dead, no one will like the US president, and horrible things will be going on in some part of the world.
so... status quo?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 05:37:08 pm »

We're all going to be dead or cyborgs by that point, depending on what happens.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »

huh? Nah, I, for one will be 68 years old, and very much alive.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 08:30:21 pm »

huh? Nah, I, for one will be 68 years old, and very much alive.

I for one, will be either incredibly high or very very dead.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

I for one, will be either incredibly high or very very dead.
Exactly as planned mother nature intended.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:21 pm »

Hopefully the former :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »

The Post-Apocalyptic era Florida, since an uprising commenced circa 2012, and a revolutionary war (The Second American Revolution) lasting for several years (as Revelations had predicted (region-independent)) has sufficiently shattered the land into a shadow of it's former self. Crocs are a more dominant animal within the depths of the swamplands due to a mass-depopulation via drone strikes and biological warfare, with initial targeting through eugenic means, and then insurgents who wouldn't cooperate (small towns were amongst the first places to disappear, since most insurgents would be assumed to live in them, rather than bigger cities like Orlando. Any military troop who questioned authority AT ALL was ordered to be killed on-site, no due process), and Disney World is now a haven for wanderers into the region. Oddly enough, all the attractions are still surprisingly in good condition, and despite being a new town center for Orlando, it still is functional as the theme park(s) they were originally designated as being, despite all the damage done to the place.

NASA is still intact, but is no longer under government control; employees that survived the initial massacre are re-employed and offering apprenticeships to keep scientific progress ongoing in all kinds of fields, serving as a science super-center for the East Coast. Since the revolution, funding has reached unprecedented levels from spoils of war. Efforts to remove a mass-RFID implant done via vaccines have been in order, and are still an ongoing effort (best way to sneak them in, via panic), infecting nearly all of the population of the southern states, against their will, since combined efforts of HAARP and West Nile (due to a cluster of numerous (roughly 3.5 (tropical storm)) unseasonal hurricanes hitting simultaneously one time, and numerous others following afterwards, and an explosion in mosquito population, infected with West Nile and smallpox as a population control/tagging method, killing half the residents of the southeastern coast in the process. Florida was among one of the states hit the hardest. The St. John's River and the Everglades being polluted with an intense concentration of cyanide devastated a huge swath of the Floridian population in one fell swoop.

Region independent, before the war finally ended near 2030, as a last-ditch effort to screw mankind over, knowing they were going to lose; remaining government and secret society forces (from Bilderberg to Freemasons) detonated every oil platform; especially the Keystone XL pipeline above every aquifer it touched, and forced massive oil leaks through all regions still under their ownership, and igniting others, rendering much of the country, as well as many others, along with water sources, oceans, and thanks to the Gulfstream, the entire East Coast of the US, uninhabitable. For added salt to the wound, they also strategically detonated chlorine tankers in major population centers across the globe, where available. Before the last member of the 'cults' committed suicide before he could be imprisoned and given due justice, he cursed everyone into eternal damnation.

30 years after The End, society started rebuilding with what little there was to recover with, cleaning up, and salvaging what oil could still be cleaned out. World Peace has a chance through a concerted effort of repairing the damage the secret societies and NWO have done, and been doing over the decades. We only hit 1% progress by now. Those who lost faith have regressed back into a more tribal mindset, and the ruins of our world resemble something close to Fallout now.

It was a pyrrhic victory for Freedom.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:52:43 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6