Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Wild Mass Guessing: The year 2060 AD  (Read 8970 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mass Guessing: The year 2060 AD
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 05:54:37 pm »

Odzhiiz, bay12. It's a serious question.
On an even more positive note, Bronies will be all but forgotten.
The year 2060 will mark the formalization of rhetorical policy mandating all serious statements include at least one blatant insult or overt flamebait.

The 2061 inaugural speech for the American presidency will end, "And in conclusion, my fellow Americans, your mother was a whore. Go home and bugger yourselves." This conversion into plain insult will actually have far reaching positive effects, as the number of politicians murdered by angry constituents will rise twentyfold, causing a sharp decline in governmental corruption and a sharp rise in the physical fitness of political candidates.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 06:14:11 pm »

People will be very pessimistic about the future.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »

People will be very pessimistic about the future.
How depressing. The future is lost.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 06:46:41 pm »

I imagine, sclerotic political will has turned over the US advantage to China by 2035. The Chinese, learning absolutely nothing, will continue to grow ever more corrupt, as they slowly join the United States in Stagnation, and repression. Failure to compromise has led to multiple outreaks of Violence amongst americans, including possible fascisim, until the united states is warped into a repressive state simply to turn back the tide of sectarian ideological violence. As liberties are slowly constricted, random acts of violence grow less-frequent, and the united states has returned by this period to relative stability. The march of technology has allowed the government unprecedented control of it's citizenry, and only a few bastions guarenteed by international law remain.

Moreover, living conditions have suffered. The long period of political (and all in name actual) warring between the partisan factions has left the united states a stagnated hellhole, where crumbling infrastructure is far inadrquate to sustain the needs of the populace. Global warmoing continues, slowed, by steady, and the united states is by all means still a world-power due to having large control of remaining resources, including water and arable land. Industrilaization of Agriculture occured to fight back the ongrowing tide, and many new jobs are in that sector.

By this time, Brazil has emerged as a Significant Power in the world, and the middle east has receded as alternative sources of power become dominant, including untapped resources long-unexploited. Iran is a nuclear power, but one on par with modern Pakistan and North Korea, a failed state held together by threat of annhilation. Japan grew more and more along the lines of the united states, and following the War of the South China Seas, where Japan fully re-established itself as a military power, with US aid, it has become similar culturally to the modern US, a fraught alliance of left and right leaning interests held together by the common good. India grew larger, and more powerful, but its growth was not enough to bind together the poorer areas, and India split. Europe remained stagnant, economically, militarily, and culturally, until 2030, where it eventually grew to be a homogenous government. However, Britain, and several Independatist factions, have pushed back, eventually forming a alliance of European nations hostile to the New EU. For now, The Continent, and the Opposing Faction, composed of Neutralists, the eastern nations, and led by Britain oppose the EU for dominance.

The City of New york did what it could, and Acted aggresively towards it's neighbors. eventually aligning with the State Government. The Resource Rich, Economically rich state was able to bully the Nearby states, continually getting better and better Deals from them, until It  became the Sole Powerholder in the region. During the period of weak central government, the State was in its highlight, bullying the National government and other nations alike for materials. Following the Reconstitution of the US Government, many of the NY Politicans were jailed, for various fradualant reasons, to break resistance in the area by the men accustomed to power.

The United States entered a Isolationist Phase following the Horrors of War, Breaking once only to Join the Japanese in the South China Sea. This continues until the late 2040s, where demands for more resources and competition from in northen neighbor forced the US into invading Canada. The small Canadian Population put up quie a resistance, and the region was mostly uncontrolled until the mid 2050s, when the US government underwent its Centralization, during which the famous "taming the wilds" campaigns were fought. Many Innocent Candians were slaughtered, a fact covered up by the US to this day.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »

However, Britain, and several Independatist factions, have pushed back, eventually forming a alliance of European nations hostile to the New EU. For now, The Continent, and the Opposing Faction, composed of Neutralists, the eastern nations, and led by Britain oppose the EU for dominance.
Great Britain is a part of the European Union. There would have to be serious kerfluffles for GB to suddenly make a 180 turn like that.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »

However, Britain, and several Independatist factions, have pushed back, eventually forming a alliance of European nations hostile to the New EU. For now, The Continent, and the Opposing Faction, composed of Neutralists, the eastern nations, and led by Britain oppose the EU for dominance.
Great Britain is a part of the European Union. There would have to be serious kerfluffles for GB to suddenly make a 180 turn like that.
there are already fracture lines. They left the Currency union, and I'm assuming that stays. If it does, its going to be far more united, which will push the Bristish farther and farther away. Plus, there was always a Historical Precendent for Britain being afar from Continental problems.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 07:12:54 pm »

there are already fracture lines. They left the Currency union, and I'm assuming that stays. If it does, its going to be far more united, which will push the Bristish farther and farther away. Plus, there was always a Historical Precendent for Britain being afar from Continental problems.
Wanting to keep sovereign control over currency does not equate to hostile isolationism. The result of the keeping of the £ improves trade with America and keeps them out of the worse of Greece's bailouts and such. Blood would have to flow to split the union.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

Wanting to keep sovereign control over currency does not equate to hostile isolationism. The result of the keeping of the £ improves trade with America and keeps them out of the worse of Greece's bailouts and such. Blood would have to flow to split the union.
That's what you think. The union may be split already by Thee greeks, and it is so odd, they may have to leave the EU. Besides, I am imagining a stagnationary situation, where the British feel they are sackled to a failing system held together by German Industrial prowess. I mean, you must never have seen isolationist sentiment yourself, it gets strong, it becomes all-consuming, it's alot weaker in sentiment then Internationalism. All they need is for some Conservaties to get in power at the right moment.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:28 pm »

I mean, you must never have seen isolationist sentiment yourself, it gets strong, it becomes all-consuming, it's alot weaker in sentiment then Internationalism.
Heh. It's impossible to hold those sentiments in the Age of Information. So that would mean first information would have to be suppressed, news agencies bought out (easy enough, it's happened before), the imprisonment of activists and reporters and the shutting down/restriction of information mediums... Like censoring the internet...

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE

BIG TNC'S SPURNED ON BY THEIR FAILURE TO ADAPT TO THE WORLD'S CHANGING ECONOMY WILL FORCIBLY THROW LAWS AT PEOPLE

SHUTTING DOWN INDEPENDANT MEDIA

HERALDING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

THE

ONLY

HOPE

IS

NORWAY

But seriously the UK is so multi-cultural it's quite nearly impossible to get a "IT'S US VS THEM" sentiment. Hello? We'll be living in the 26th century. Nationalism will be sooooo last millenia :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:30 pm »

But seriously the UK is so multi-cultural it's quite nearly impossible to get a "IT'S US VS THEM" sentiment. Hello? We'll be living in the 26th century. Nationalism will be sooooo last millenia :P
2060, not 2560.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

Yeah, the idea is that we'd all be old men/women, not dead.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

Hey hey hey, I don't make up the calender naming scheme. For some reason 2010 is the 21st century, what're you going to do about it?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:24 pm »

Did anyone see this XKCD about the next 100 years.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2050 - 2060 predictions include, world peace, 4 degree C rise in temperature, most Americans in prison, dogs driving cars, oil runs out, domesticated robots, sex with robots (which predates domesticated robots for an extra wild ride), CO2 doubles in Atmosphere, Atmosphere completely lost into space, etc.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 08:47:30 pm »

I'm guessing that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and we give china the middle finger and tell them to work off their own debt.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »

I'm guessing that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and we give china the middle finger and tell them to work off their own debt.

I agree with the first two, but America is 100% dependent right now on China for financing so "their own debt" is a non-existent thing. They aren't running a debt, they've run up trillions of dollars in surplus, which is the entire reason they're able to give out loans.

That really sound like biting that hand that feeds you, America would have economically collapsed already if it wasn't for Chinese financing. China has a choice of where to invest it's money, America has limited recourse to finance of the scale China is providing.

To be honest that really sound like being a bunch of little shitheads, accepting someones money, then saying "fuck you assholes, we owe you nothing".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:03:59 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6