Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire stuck in perpetual Conduct Meeting job with nobody  (Read 674 times)

Tripphippy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire stuck in perpetual Conduct Meeting job with nobody
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:51:36 pm »

So I had vampire problems and was too lazy to track down the offending dwarf by hand. Luck has him sucking the blood of a child with 4 witnesses. So I check the v-z-Enter screen and Bingo! hasn't had a drink in a long time, no eating thoughts, no drinking thoughts, this is definitely my vampire. Did I mention he was also the mayor. I assign punishment from the Justice screen and he is almost immediately replaced as mayor by some other schmuck. So I give him a nickname of Vampire to keep track and disable ALL labors. Step 2 I dig out a tiny room for him to be locked in behind a glass window as an exhibit. I designate a burrow and assign the vampire to it. Next I go check on him to see what he's doing. He's standing in his old office (now assigned to current mayor) having a Conduct Meeting with nobody around. I tried re-enabling labors and messing with his burrow assignment and he won't budge or change jobs. It's been a while now and I really want to separate him from the other dwarfs. Any suggestions on how to get him moving again so I can lock his ass behind glass?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire stuck in perpetual Conduct Meeting job with nobody
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:55:01 pm »

Put him in a military squad all of his own and order him to move?
This is a blank sig.

Tripphippy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire stuck in perpetual Conduct Meeting job with nobody
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »

Thanks MonkeyHead. That worked. I can't believe I didn't think of it *facepalm*