Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will a goblin siege ever leave?  (Read 1389 times)

Starkiller2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will a goblin siege ever leave?
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

I was attacked by two goblin sieges at once with 6 trolls and about 40 goblins total. Needless to say they wiped out my army of 15 veteran fighters without much trouble and killed everybody else. That is except for my vampire bookkeeper who is safe from attack. So i was wondering if i can wait long enough the goblin will go away and i can repopulate with migrants?

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Will a goblin siege ever leave?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:54:51 am »

It takes some time, but yes they will disappear sooner or later.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:02:02 pm »

It can take anywhere from a couple seasons to a year for them to get bored and leave. Though if your fortress wealth is through the roof, you could have a few sieges coming and going for a few years :D

At least you'll have forever to wait if your vampire's safe enough.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:14:33 pm »

Yeah if you wait for them to leave you might run into a situation where one siege leaves and another comes in a week.

Still, if you have enough dwarves left, you can focus on making cheap weapons and armor that will let you kill enough of them to force them to retreat early.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:28:08 pm »

After a siege last night of a total of 160 goblins, Giant Olms, Giant Bats, and Trolls (I only survived because the dwarven caravan was in town, between them and a military of 20 we killed about 50 and the rest ran off) wiped out my whole military and about 20 civilians who ignored the burrow order, I'm going to try this approach for a while and see what happens.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »

ALTERNATIVE:
Magma. Apply magma till they flee. One should always have one large tower into the sky for this purpose. Apply magma to scare them off.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now