Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW  (Read 46390 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:06 pm »

Give it another 20-40 years, and ALL the coastal cities will need levees.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »

PROGRESS!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2012, 01:31:55 pm »

PROGRESS!
I'm pretty sure all coastal cities need levees right now. I mean, getting flooded on a near yearly basis doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

Then again, I live in Belgium, which is partly below the seafloor anyway. Not as bad as the dutch of course, but anyway.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »

That's why a good coastline has a good mountain and/or fjord, and, from there, we can surmise that the East Coast was designed badly by the founding fathers.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:34 pm »

PROGRESS!
I'm pretty sure all coastal cities need levees right now. I mean, getting flooded on a near yearly basis doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

Then again, I live in Belgium, which is partly below the seafloor anyway. Not as bad as the dutch of course, but anyway.

Posh, I'm sure that if we get hurricaned and flooded on a regular enough basis, we'll develop a kind of levee or architecture that generates electricity from being disastered on.

Syrian Loyalists claim Hurricane Sandy was the result of Iranian Special Forces activity.

Also it stopped snowing. Finally.
my brain... it's... melting!

I can't stop laughing at this. "War on Weather!" the Iranians are developing a storm machine to use on Israel! Only Team America can stop them.

I will admit I'm a bit overly tired at the moment, so I'm just giggly at everything.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

I can't stop laughing at this. "War on Weather!" the Iranians are developing a storm machine to use on Israel! Only Team America can stop them.
Then why did they use it on the US and not Israel?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »

Then why did they use it on the US and not Israel?

To test it, of course. No one would be able to tell if they could just blame it on global warming.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »

I'll just be quiet now, before my exhausted brain makes me say more stupid things.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2012, 03:31:13 pm »

There should definitely be an anime now where the leaders of each country can control the weather... to some extent.  Iran and Syria generate a hurricane to destroy the US, and Obama manages to stop it by himself.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2012, 04:00:26 pm »

Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin spends about five minutes every episode just yelling and charging up Super Saiyan-style.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2012, 04:03:34 pm »

There should definitely be an anime now where the leaders of each country can control the weather... to some extent.  Iran and Syria generate a hurricane to destroy the US, and Obama manages to stop it by himself.
Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin spends about five minutes every episode just yelling and charging up Super Saiyan-style.
My foeign Policy interest is piqued. I would totally watch that. Especially if Biden appears.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2012, 04:13:59 pm »

My foeign Policy interest is piqued. I would totally watch that. Especially if Biden appears.
Heck, there already is an Anime about stocks and business, so politics/weather is just 1 step away.
But don't just limit it to weather based power, what other powers would politics be related to?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »

Lots of political leaders in anime have super powers and are badass and whatnot. I could totally see a political anime along those lines, only diplomacy would be carried out with fistcuffs and the more "serious" political drama would be supportive to the narrative rather than central to it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

Lots of political leaders in anime have super powers and are badass and whatnot. I could totally see a political anime along those lines, only diplomacy would be carried out with fistcuffs and the more "serious" political drama would be supportive to the narrative rather than central to it.
Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »

The Isrealis and Palestinians must solve there differences.

WITH FLAMING FISTS OF DEATH!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23