Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW  (Read 48007 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:46 am »

You obviously didn't understand anything SalmonGod. It's been snowing earlier than ever. That's like, the definite proof that global warming is an hoax.

Because change in a complex and extremely large system is going to be uniform....

Yup... all the other data is lies because in the ensuing chaos as everything gets shifted around, some places get their cold weather a little early...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:07 am »

The remnants of the hurricane hit the cold front coming in, so now it's snowing.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:49 am »

Nope nope nope nope nope friend in Brooklyn hasn't been responding to nothin'. Text, call, e-mail, you name it. Probably just power loss, but yeesh.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:07 am »

You got my point SalmonGod. Now, let's drink a cup of tar sand to the health of our extractive industry!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:08 am »

Nope nope nope nope nope friend in Brooklyn hasn't been responding to nothin'. Text, call, e-mail, you name it. Probably just power loss, but yeesh.

They're probably out scavenging, or scoping out good locations for a thunderdome.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:03 am »

They're probably out scavenging, or scoping out good locations for a thunderdome.

I tried to convince him to buy a boat and start up Apocalypse Ferry ($50 for a ride, $30 if you have to be rescued from the rubble), but he didn't take my suggestions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:26 am »

You got my point SalmonGod. Now, let's drink a cup of tar sand to the health of our extractive industry!

Ok, my bad :P

I thought that seemed out of character for you, but I don't see you post frequently enough to be sure.  I've had that exact argument with so many people already that the subject has fallen off my sarcasm detectors in all but the closest company.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46:35 am »

I hear Meadowlands Stadium is looking pretty good to hold naval battles in.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

Just looking forward, the next few months are going to be pretty crazy, just clearing out the subways alone is going to be monumental!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:28 am »

And yay I'm back! Sleep schedule mesed up at the moment. Well, We kept power. That's good. Bad news: the Area outside my house is surrounded by broken trees. So staying inside then.

Just looking forward, the next few months are going to be pretty crazy, just clearing out the subways alone is going to be monumental!
I am wondering myself what is going to happen. It sounds like it's going to be crazy for a while, especially the next few days.

So, Fellow NYers. What is the moral? When they say evacuate, DO SO.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:39:03 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2012, 10:38:36 am »

-Double post-
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2012, 11:32:47 am »

Well, here in Ontario we had some really strong winds, and a water main broke outside my university, cancelling classes today and postpoing one of my midterms. Nice.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2012, 11:36:42 am »

Well, here in Ontario we had some really strong winds, and a water main broke outside my university, cancelling classes today and postpoing one of my midterms. Nice.

No snow or power outages in Toronto then?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:40 am »

The power apparently went out here around 6 am because the flimsy power lines were assaulted by the angry wind. Was back up about four hours later though. We're forecast to get a lot of rain today, but it's actually pretty clear out.

Yep...pretty much as bad as it ever gets here.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2012, 11:52:12 am »

CLASSES CANCELLED AT ASU, REJOICE. STILL SNOWING, DO NOT REJOICE.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23