Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 4: Victory!]  (Read 11096 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 1: Something From Nothing]
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

((Why would i get a -1 to my defense?!? It doesn't make sense! Defense has to do with blocking the attack/ or partially it's damage. Dodging involves completely avoiding the attack.))
((Dodging is the name of a skill that gives you Defense. Like all non-starting skills, it starts at -1.))

Also, I suppose I discovered a rule! Penalties to summoning multiple things at once?
((The -2 was just because sticky bombs are a bit more advanced than a crowbar or a lockpick. The double rolls was for permanency, since there's not a lot you can do with temporary sticky bombs at the moment.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

((all right, I'll change my action then!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 05:08:22 pm »

"Soon enough, dear. Soon enough. I'd rather spend some time gathering supplies than starve to death in the wastes."

Desi smiled and wrinkled her nose cutely at his inflection.

"Oh, we're going to get along just fine, you and I."

Gage's slanted mouth quickly dropped into a scowl, "And you would prefer the world the demons would make of us? To spend the last bit of your worldly existence as a skin for some depraved being to wear?" Gage turned a hard gaze to Desi, "You may have no love for the world that was left behind, but deny this not: the Demons are the enemy to all of us, and allowing them any further claim to the world is inviting all of us to doom."

Desi clicked her tounge again. Another guise.

The Thinker.

"To round a corner and make a point, I would prefer neither-and, I never said I had no love for the world...just that it had little love to spare for me.

I don't pretend to have all the answers-I am, after all, just an oh-so-humble thief.

Consider. Had you and I met a day before the Demons emerged from the cracks in the earth-or the clouds in the sky, or waves of ocean, depending on what you believe-I would have likely tried to take advantage of you. You would have called the proper authorities on me, more likely than not. And you would not be wrong to do so. That is the advantage of your world over mine...or to say, it was.

Now, the day after, I can still attempt to take advantage of you-but you no longer have the authorities to call. Your world is gone, Seer. This wasteland is more to my liking, if only because I have faced death and torment every day of my life anyway. Is there truly a difference from being skinned alive by a Grey-Demon, versus the pleasant thought of thumbscrews and tongs in the local magistrates dungeon?

I suppose before, only I and people like me were guilty and worthy of such punishment. Now the scales are balanced. In the eyes of the Demons, we are all equally guilty. I find a certain purity in that, as despicable as they otherwise are...can you see my point, Seer? Do you understand me, yet?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

"...I suppose before, only I and people like me were guilty and worthy of such punishment. Now the scales are balanced. In the eyes of the Demons, we are all equally guilty. I find a certain purity in that, as despicable as they otherwise are...can you see my point, Seer? Do you understand me, yet?"

Gage's scowl froze. He did not have time to argue the nature of society and life with a thief, his mind told him. But that part of him, he realized, was merely reflex, the part of him that accepts the occult and divine and gives no question to it. Another part, the childish and ever curious mind he once abandoned, saw precisely what was being said, "I see your point..." And do not like one word of it.

But... "Do not mistake me for a common, innocent and dirt-free citizen of the cities. My world, gone?" Gage turned away from Theri for a second to pull out a single card. With its edge, he draws a dirt circle in the ground and places the card in the center, face up. The twenty first and final Arcana, The World. "I believe my world is still with me."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 10:26:35 pm »

Kyle looks at the little thing for a moment
"Awww so cute, but it looks lonely"
Summon a second 1!!!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:37 pm »

Commence field healing - try to generate a beam that would bounce between our life essences, healing the wounded and probably not diminishing with each bounce.

Commence a simplistic healing spell - focusing on the most wounded member, and if possible bouncing the beam back towards me as well as any wounded - ending at the demon and hopefully smiting it. Accepting Gage's aid.

"Who in the world summoned a demon here?! Now they know where we're hidden! Stop summoning them whoever you are!"

After confronting the individual who had summoned it, Theri added:

"And thanks there Gage."

"Also, if nobody will take the Westward path, then I'll be heading Northwest - I am also unsure on the reliability of soldiers heading to the dwarven fortresses - most likely they are heading there for a stronghold that would stand against the demons, but even then I doubt any counter-attack can be made.

"...The notion of a place that could connect all these wondrous places would be a good thing. We are unsure if rumors or legend still hold when we'd reach there, and no other reason to follow them but for the hope they present."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:14:45 pm by Tiruin »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:21 pm »

Look at the person shouting and sigh
They are demons not psychics the only one that controls this cute little fella is me, but don't worry I'm leaving shortly once I summon up a companion for it, got places to go and demons to watch tear other demons apart.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:15:24 pm by mesor »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:00 pm »

Commence field healing - try to generate a beam that would bounce between our life essences, healing the wounded and probably not diminishing with each bounce. a simplistic healing spell - focusing on Elise, and if possible bouncing the beam back towards me.

((Should note, before Irony decides to take that action literally, that Elise is probably a good few leagues away from us, going southeast while we haven't moved from the camp. Trying to heal her would probably mean attempting a high-level Long Distance Telehealtm and probably failing. Though I would admit long distance healing sounds like an awesome concept :P))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:11:40 pm by CrimsonEon »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 10:58:20 pm »

Commence field healing - try to generate a beam that would bounce between our life essences, healing the wounded and probably not diminishing with each bounce. a simplistic healing spell - focusing on Elise, and if possible bouncing the beam back towards me.

((Should note, before Irony decides to take that action literally, that Elise is probably a good few leagues away from us, going southwest while we haven't moved from the camp. Trying to heal her would probably mean attempting a high-level Long Distance Telehealtm and probably failing. Though I would admit long distance healing sounds like an awesome concept :P))
((Accursed topographic limits and their effect with time and space! Edited :I ))

"C-controlled by you? I-...fine. Don't let it attack. Anything."

The Kitsune looked at Desi, then back at Gage and Paulus. "Are we set?"

She assumed the Diviner had similar intentions of joining Desi's plan.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:16:30 pm by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »

"I'm set, yes. I, myself, have half a mind to get on the Perch and get to know the owner before I go back to my people. It's always good to have friends in high places, and this Crow fellow sounds like he'd enjoy a steady supply of dwarven drinks... maybe we'd be able to work something out."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 12:04:59 am »

Calming down while readying her mind for the spell, Theri replied. "You know, I've always wanted to fly one day. Might seem like a funny prospect, but the idea is intriguing. If the owner of that sanctum has some sort of aid that we could acquire, then we'd be ready to sail away on the open skies and meet our destinations faster than on-foot.

Natural boundaries aside, does anyone have a buckler around? Wait, nevermind. I'll find one on the way."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 06:42:25 am »

But... "Do not mistake me for a common, innocent and dirt-free citizen of the cities. My world, gone?" Gage turned away from Theri for a second to pull out a single card. With its edge, he draws a dirt circle in the ground and places the card in the center, face up. The twenty first and final Arcana, The World. "I believe my world is still with me."

"You've adapted to this world already. You understand me even better." Desi replies casually.

"I'm set, yes. I, myself, have half a mind to get on the Perch and get to know the owner before I go back to my people. It's always good to have friends in high places, and this Crow fellow sounds like he'd enjoy a steady supply of dwarven drinks... maybe we'd be able to work something out."

"If he's like me, he'll be wary of outsiders-and desperate for contact at the same time. It'd be less a standard negotiation and more like mutual manipulation. Something I excel at." She said, licking her lips tactfully.

She nodded to the Kitsune-concentrating on her water summoning magic. Hopefully it would work...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2012, 02:07:42 am »

Turn 2: Summons

((Oh iron, i think i might have spotted a mistake. Shouldnt the +1 from my shield negate the -1 from my lance? Thus equalling in 0?

Take a firm stance, charge your shield with light and released a blinding flash when you deflect the demons attack. After make a powerful thrust into the demon.
[3+3] vs [6] You unleash a powerful thrust at the demon, but it deflects it with a loud clang.

[3+1] vs [1-1] Its counterattack is considerably subtler, catching you completely off-guard and running shallow but painful gashes across your face.

You are unable to both charge your shield and attack at the same time.

-4 HP
+2 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger

Enchanting for food and water, everyone! High-quality enchantments! Limited offer!
[1] A rather thuggish-looking humanoid with faint red, nearly pink skin diplomatically suggests that you enchant him something in exchange for your health.

He's got a club.

Desi coughed, waving away the smoke.

"Ooh, that was bad. My magic teacher would be sad. If I ever had one."

Action: Let's try summoning water into glass bottles first.

Use my wind magic to give me some fresh air and clean my lungs

She looked at her card, shrugging, before turning to Paulus.

"So, when shall we leave Darling? That is-if, we are in fact leaving together, as one, two of a kind, like birds in a feather, indivisible by any nation before the Gods, ecetra, ecetra. " She says, batting her eyes at him.

((@Hmh: By which I mean, how many turns do you wanna spend here? I'd go no more than two or three...since IO will probably kick us out of here once we start camping.

Also, I suppose I discovered a rule! Penalties to summoning multiple things at once?

@Mr. Zero: You were surprise attacked, I guess?))
[3+1-1][4+1-1] You summon two very small bottles of water. At least, you assume that's water; it's certainly nothing you'd drink if given the choice. The glass is similarly low-quality, looking about ready to shatter at the slightest provocation.

+1 Conjuration

Offer to stabilize any healing Theri may attempt with Metamagic.
Commence a simplistic healing spell - focusing on the most wounded member, and if possible bouncing the beam back towards me as well as any wounded - ending at the demon and hopefully smiting it. Accepting Gage's aid.[/b]

"Who in the world summoned a demon here?! Now they know where we're hidden! Stop summoning them whoever you are!"

After confronting the individual who had summoned it, Theri added:

"And thanks there Gage."

"Also, if nobody will take the Westward path, then I'll be heading Northwest - I am also unsure on the reliability of soldiers heading to the dwarven fortresses - most likely they are heading there for a stronghold that would stand against the demons, but even then I doubt any counter-attack can be made.

"...The notion of a place that could connect all these wondrous places would be a good thing. We are unsure if rumors or legend still hold when we'd reach there, and no other reason to follow them but for the hope they present."

Theri Healing: [4+2-2]
Gage Stabilizing: [6-2+1]

A beam of whitish light flows from Theri's hands, sparkling with purple dots of metamagic. Rather than bouncing, it flows naturally between members, like a river of healing, curling back around on Theri before continuing, somewhat weaker, to Desi. It fails to smite the demon, however.

Theri: 4 hp recovered
+1 Restoration
Gage: +3 Metamagic
Desi: 2 hp recovered

Kyle looks at the little thing for a moment
"Awww so cute, but it looks lonely"
Summon a second 1!!!
[5+2-2][5+2-2] Deciding that you want a permanent companion this time, you attempt to summon another, and succeed admirably. If anything, this new one looks healthier than the other, snorting and glancing around through its jagged, somewhat needleish teeth and dragging itself around a bit, though always near you.

+2 Summoning

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 2: Summons]
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:04 am »

Desi gave an exaggerated frown at her 'water'. Oh well.

She then noticed Paulus had already got into trouble. Well, he would probably turn the man into hamburger in a second-so Desi faded into the shadows, creeping and crawling on ceilings and floors like an oversized spider, intent on ending the battle before it began.

Action: Sneak up above and behind the Thuggish Lout and use the stupid simple balled fists to the head bash attack from the ceiling to send him unto unconsciousness. Wait to see if the dimwitted thug gives up his weapon to be enchanted first, then strike regardless.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:41:46 am by Dwarmin »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 2: Summons]
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2012, 03:51:48 am »

(god damnit if i die within the next 3 turns.)

Wait till the demon attacks, bash his weapon away with my shield exposing his chest. Thrusting my lance quickly into him.
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8