Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 4: Victory!]  (Read 11109 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 0: Preparations]
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:13 pm »

Theri's tail moved like an inverted pendulum behind her. "All I wish is to find the source of this threat and end it...though divination doesn't seem like a suitable option for me."

Desi oriented on the Kitsune.

"You know what they say about divination-it doesn't open any doors, but it tells you on what floor the key to the door is stored..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

((Hover mouse over place names for their description. :P))

"Cryptic ideas. I fear we're going to see more of that in the future, if time permits. I also fear that we'd lose contact of each other - just when we were growing to be good acquaintances, too!"

Theri meant the former more than the latter.

"Anyway, here's a list."

Quote from: List
Heading West: Sacred Glade
Theri ; Tiruin

Heading Northwest: Flying Hideout
Desi ; Dwarmin
Paulus ; HmH

Heading Southeast: Ancient Monastery
Elise ; Mr.Zero

"I'm unsure of the others' preferences, but I just...feel like we've all something in common together. It hurts me to say goodbye so early..."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

Theri's tail moved like an inverted pendulum behind her. "All I wish is to find the source of this threat and end it...though divination doesn't seem like a suitable option for me."

Gage slanted his mouth slightly amidst his incantations, he had hoped the tide of demons would convince anyone that some things are not best left up to blind intuition. Still, he could understand that some people preferred knowledge they could perceive clearly as opposed to the abstract flashes divination often entailed. In a break of the incantation he spoke quietly, "Sometimes the light of one's own sight sees better than the closed sights that fate provides the Seers." He practiced those words well when villagers distrusted his readings, "But I would prefer not to act without looking at what fate would say."

Desi oriented on the Kitsune. "You know what they say about divination-it doesn't open any doors, but it tells you on what floor the key to the door is stored..."

Gage didn't necessarily like that analogy, but it held more water than any obscure saying he could recall from his texts. "Indeed, divination is a means to means. While it will not conjure enchanted weapons or mountains of gold, it will handily give us the knowledge to set us on the correct path to reach our goals."

"You, Gage, should join up with the cowgirl instead - that way, you'll get to your goal even faster than if you went straight to the west."

Gage's mouth slanted further, he didn't like the idea of going southeast to some monastery of minotaurs. Diplomacy may have been a suit of his among the small folk, but he was less confident in his ability to deal with the bovine-kind. "We shall see, perhaps you would lend your sight in determining our path?" Gage turned his cards to Paulus, "Two cards left to draw."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

"You, Gage, should join up with the cowgirl instead - that way, you'll get to your goal even faster than if you went straight to the west."

Gage's mouth slanted further, he didn't like the idea of going southeast to some monastery of minotaurs. Diplomacy may have been a suit of his among the small folk, but he was less confident in his ability to deal with the bovine-kind. "We shall see, perhaps you would lend your sight in determining our path?" Gage turned his cards to Paulus, "Two cards left to draw."

Paulus shrugged and took the card on the left:
"Sure. Let's see if these lands have anything to hide."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 03:31:57 pm »

((Comparing my goals to the minotaurs seems under powered, unless these armored minotaurs are literally walking death tanks.))

Elise got slightly annoyed by the talk of these fortresses and unknown artifacts.

"Wars are won by soldiers! Brave soldiers and not some mystic items which we don't even knows if it exists. Even if this monastery doesn't exist we can rally men who are willing to protect their families, can you say the same in the search of an artifact?.

What we need more is faith, if people can put faith in us and our goals then we can challenge the demons. Only then, searching for artifacts for individual goals is selfish and only leads to the demise of our existence.

She hoped this would be enough to convince someone to join her journey.
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »

Desi tsk tsk'd at Elise.

"Who says we all want to win? When death is a mercy, and livings a sin?

I mean, survival is a non-negotiable goal, but the world wasn't very kind to my poor soul-even before the Demons arrived. Why would I want things to go back to how they were-the peasants in rags, the nobles in furs?

Maybe it's better we find our own place, in whats left of this world...and enjoy what time we've left unfurled."
She said, sitting up cross legged.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 03:56:57 pm »

Turn 1: Something From Nothing

Flatter the scout with my bust, hoping he will join me on my adventure, and try to befriend Theri. Then Make haste to the South-east stopping in the first village i see, there i ask about these rumors in the tavern/inn.
With the scout resisting your charms and the foxgirl taking a slower approach, you strike off on your own to the southeast.

[1] It's lonely, trudging through the endless, mostly unchanging red wastes, buffeted by swirling dust. Nonetheless, you begin to get the peculiar suspicion that you're being watched...

[6+1] vs [2] The ambush is sudden and brutal, a grey-skinned demon coming out of the dust with a jagged black blade. It rakes its weapon across your side before you can properly react.

-5 HP
+1 Dodger

Sit down and focus on summoning a demon under my control and run through all the spells I currently know in my head.
[5+2-1] You summon a malformed, snarling little thing, not much larger than a satchel but full of viciousness and bile. It snarls and casts about the room, a ball of latent hate seeking out a target.

As for spells... hrm... you're not sure you really have an internal catalog of things you know you can do.

+1 Summoning

Action: Conjure up some strong adhesive in glass jars-sticky bombs!
[2+1-2][1+1-2][3] You conjure up some extremely short-lived, acidic substance which releases noxious vapors. You manage to stumble your way mostly out of harm, but still catch a lungful of poison as you do.

-2 HP
+1 Conjuring

Turning towards Theri, Gage adopted a more natural tone, "You have the hands of a healer, no matter where you go your skill will no doubt be valued, especially in a time like this. This Glade you have spoken of may be of similar interest to all of us. Before us there are many paths yet fate will only decree one answer." Gage pulled out his tarot deck and fanned the cards out in his hand, the border of each card barely visible "If the gods still speak true in this blasted realm, I shall read their words in the cards. Three cards, if you please." Gage held out the fanned cards between Theri and Desi, while intoning an incantation that would Reveal the best path through Divination.
[2+2-2] One card for the high elf, one for the scout, one you take yourself. Danger, reward, death... nothing you didn't know before. Hrmph.

Action: Try to get some extra provisions - and, if possible, a backup shortsword - from the refugees that had decided to stay here.
The refugees have nothing to offer, at least not for free.

Conjure/Craft material for aid - healing equipment or something that would sustain me for constant healing.

If possible, ask for a buckler.
[3-1-1][3-1-1][1] You attempt to conjure some bandages. They are more like oily rags that burst into ephemeral flame instantly, burning you rather severely.

-5 HP
+3 Conjuring
Now Dabbling Conjurer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »

((Oh iron, i think i might have spotted a mistake. Shouldnt the +1 from my shield negate the -1 from my lance? Thus equalling in 0?

Take a firm stance, charge your shield with light and released a blinding flash when you deflect the demons attack. After make a powerful thrust into the demon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:05:02 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 1: Something From Nothing]
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 04:10:38 pm »

Enchanting for food and water, everyone! High-quality enchantments! Limited offer!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »

((Oh iron, i think i might have spotted a mistake. Shouldnt the +1 from my shield negate the -1 from my lance? Thus equalling in 0?

Take a firm stance, charge your shield with light and released a blinding flash when you deflect the demons attack. After make a powerful thrust into the demon.
((It should, but I forgot you were Inexperienced at Dodging for another -1. You'll notice everyone's at -1 now.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »

((Why would i get a -1 to my defense?!? It doesn't make sense! Defense has to do with blocking the attack/ or partially it's damage. Dodging involves completely avoiding the attack.))
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 04:15:17 pm »

Desi coughed, waving away the smoke.

"Ooh, that was bad. My magic teacher would be sad. If I ever had one."

Action: Let's try summoning water into glass bottles first.

Use my wind magic to give me some fresh air and clean my lungs

She looked at her card, shrugging, before turning to Paulus.

"So, when shall we leave Darling? That is-if, we are in fact leaving together, as one, two of a kind, like birds in a feather, indivisible by any nation before the Gods, ecetra, ecetra. " She says, batting her eyes at him.

((@Hmh: By which I mean, how many turns do you wanna spend here? I'd go no more than two or three...since IO will probably kick us out of here once we start camping.

Also, I suppose I discovered a rule! Penalties to summoning multiple things at once?

@Mr. Zero: You were surprise attacked, I guess?))

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:46:23 pm by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »

((Why would i get a -1 to my defense?!? It doesn't make sense! Defense has to do with blocking the attack/ or partially it's damage. Dodging involves completely avoiding the attack.))
((IronyOwl is a sadistic GM, get used to it. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 04:22:34 pm »

"Who says we all want to win? When death is a mercy, and livings a sin?

I mean, survival is a non-negotiable goal, but the world wasn't very kind to my poor soul-even before the Demons arrived. Why would I want things to go back to how they were-the peasants in rags, the nobles in furs?

Maybe it's better we find our own place, in whats left of this world...and enjoy what time we've left unfurled."
She said, sitting up cross legged.

Gage's slanted mouth quickly dropped into a scowl, "And you would prefer the world the demons would make of us? To spend the last bit of your worldly existence as a skin for some depraved being to wear?" Gage turned a hard gaze to Desi, "You may have no love for the world that was left behind, but deny this not: the Demons are the enemy to all of us, and allowing them any further claim to the world is inviting all of us to doom."

-turn-

Three cards, the prime, the path, the perish.

The elf, Desi, had drawn the eighth Arcana, Strength, first. The prime, "To which our journey began with the will to survive, the sheer Strength of one's being." That much was obvious...

The scout, Paulus, had drawn the zero Arcana, The Fool, second. The path, "In search of experience, hope, and ideals the group splits..."

Gage lingers on the card he drew, the thirteenth Arcana, Death. It was the perish in all of his readings after the demons came, "To which the groups will emerge, for better or worse, transformed from that which they began." More often than not, in death's embrace. Gage hesitated to say the last part.

The cowgirl had left not too many moments before he finished his reading, no doubt angered at the thief for her words. Gage had half a mind to follow her, but the other half was concerned about the Kitsune. Both of them were aimed to walk alone chasing myths, and Gage could not help them both.

Not a moment later, two blasts sound from both sides of him. Both Theri and Desi had attempted to conjure up something, one poisonous and the other flaming. Desi had managed to bowl out of the way of the billowing poison, but Theri caught the burst of flame directly. Recognizing the necessity of a healer, Gage immediately rushed towards Theri, "How bad is it? Here, let me help."

Offer to stabilize any healing Theri may attempt with Metamagic.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »

She looked at her card, shrugging, before turning to Paulus.

"So, when shall we leave Darling? That is-if, we are in fact leaving together, as one, two of a kind, like birds in a feather, indivisible by any nation before the Gods, ecetra, ecetra. " She says, batting her eyes at him.

((@Hmh: By which I mean, how many turns do you wanna spend here? I'd go no more than two or three...since IO will probably kick us out of here once we start camping.))
((On turn 2, we will definitely leave. If I'm AFK by that time, which is highly likely, consider me auto'd to leave for the northwest.))

"Soon enough, dear. Soon enough. I'd rather spend some time gathering supplies than starve to death in the wastes."

((IronyOwl is a sadistic GM, get used to it. :P))
((This.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8