Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 4: Victory!]  (Read 11087 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 2: Summons]
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 04:15:32 am »

Begin my journey south towards my book, watch my two demon friends and consider ways to make them healthier.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2012, 04:36:36 am »

Desi waved goodbye to Kyle as he left. In a somewhat sarcastic fashion.

She wondered if the enigmatic man would find what he was looking for...or just a quick death?

"Good luck! And, I hope you brought an umbrella, Mr. Necromancer-the weathercaller said there's a mild chance of DEMONS DROPPING OUT OF THE SKY."

*Addm: Unless specified all non-turn actions take place before my turn action. Bro.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2012, 06:53:32 am »

((New abbreviation learned. Addendum! :D

Also, yay for experience vs difficulty of a healing beam! Hurrah for air being a fluid, and flowing magic!))

"Hah! Still have the power!"

Theri's ears perked up at the sounds of battle - or something akin to battle, such as goading. Paulus was under attack!

Stride up to the good man and touch him - hoping to place a restorative ward around his body, perhaps healing him upon any open wound is inflicted!

But before all that, she wished Kyle her blessings. It was glad to see the demons gone - despite being 'under his control'.

"Fare thee well summoner! May you fight fire with fire!"

Hmm...fire. A fire shield? A column of wreathing flame? Hmm...what is simple enough.

A heated kick?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2012, 08:04:37 am »

Paul smiled in amusement at the pink-skinned creature's offer, his smile growing wider as his recent elven acquaintance crept behind the arrogant little bastard.
"Sounds fair to me! How about I enchant, say, this fine weapon of yours?"

Take the thug's club and enchant it with a +2 to attack. When I'm done, don't give it club back: it's mine now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:29 am »

Take the thug's club and enchant it with a +2 to attack. When I'm done, don't give it club back: it's mine now.
((Why don't you just give it a test for...quality assurance?))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:30 am »

((Why don't you just give it a test for...quality assurance?))
((That'll be two actions. Irony has made it clear he's only going to let us do one action per turn.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2012, 09:34:12 am »

((@Hmh: Well-if the thug gives it freely, that's one action to enchant it, and not giving it back is considered a free action/conditional.

I also like how we have to pretend as if our characters aren't horribly incompetent at everything due to the system.

Addm: Oh heh, edited my turn. ))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:41:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:31 am »

((I also like how we have to pretend as if our characters aren't horribly incompetent at everything due to the system.))
((It's in the skills :D))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2012, 10:13:13 am »

((@Hmh: Well-if the thug gives it freely, that's one action to enchant it, and not giving it back is considered a free action/conditional.

I also like how we have to pretend as if our characters aren't horribly incompetent at everything due to the system.

Addm: Oh heh, edited my turn. ))
((Exactly. Clubbing him over the head would become another action rather than a conditional. Therefore, I'll just have to settle for taking the club as payment for my services now, and intimidating him into giving me his lunch money rations next turn.

I'd like to note that you have a +2 to Air Magic. Air Magic governs the manipulation of air, including the air in people's bodies. Hence, a question rises: why engage the thug in hand-to-hand combat when you can find his lack of faith disturbing?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2012, 10:41:37 am »

((HmH: I'm not sure if I have pressure control.

And because IO would tack on a massive arbitrary penalty for doing something useful? Honestly, whats the point if IO will just declare I can't do something. When entire turns consist of everyone but one person failing, I don't care anymore. I'm just having fun with my character.))

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:58 am »

Gage gazes over the purple aura still writhing around his hands, admiring the impressive beam of healing they just helped create. "Always amazed at what magic can do, damned if the demons can take that away from us."

Gage barely recognizes the Necromancer's intent to leave, I wasn't looking forward to dealing with the possibility of rogue summons, he should be fine on his own. More notable is the brutish figure that apparently sneaked up on the entire group, now threatening Paulus. Poor sod, I don't need visions to know that intimidating four people alone is a death wish.

Barely out of the corner of his eye, he could see Desi attempting to fade away into the background... Not much space to hide in, it won't fool attentive eyes even if he is just a dimwit. "You know, the clouds tend to hold secrets and patterns just as cards and oracle bones do. In fact the one up there, way over on the horizon behind me pertains to your future..." Gage rambled on while Paulus worked with the lout's club in an attempt to Distract the thug

((I wonder if there's a Misdirection skill :P))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »

((HmH: I'm not sure if I have pressure control.

And because IO would tack on a massive arbitrary penalty for doing something useful? Honestly, whats the point if IO will just declare I can't do something. When entire turns consist of everyone but one person failing, I don't care anymore. I'm just having fun with my character.))
((Speaking of that penalty... according to the cheatsheet in the opening post, choking-someone-with-magic, being the Air equivalent of setting-someone-on-fire, would be an Adept action and have a -3 modifier. Along with your +2 modifier, it would result in a -1 penalty - the same as if you went against the thug in hand-to-hand combat.

That said, it's magic we're talking about, so I guess beating the thug unconscious would simply be safer for all parties involved.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2012, 01:42:26 pm »

((A -2 on manipulating Air Pressure? :O

This deals with the body's own biological processes, meaning that man's lungs. If Dwarmin can pull that off, I will be truly astounded. Because asphyxiation by air magic! :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 07:42:38 pm »

Turn 3: Not The Face!

(god damnit if i die within the next 3 turns.)

Wait till the demon attacks, bash his weapon away with my shield exposing his chest. Thrusting my lance quickly into him.
You assume a defensive stance, ready to counterattack should the demon fail. It likes its odds.

[2+1] vs [1] You mistake his awkward attack for a feint, and he runs another light slash across your upper arm.

[1] vs [4] You try to counterattack anyway, but missing your parry-thrust routine throws you off completely.

-2 hp
+1 Dodging
Now Novice Dodger

Begin my journey south towards my book, watch my two demon friends and consider ways to make them healthier.
You set off south. Sadly, your first demon desummons along the way, being temporary. Your second, permanent until banished or slain, stays with you, shuffling along cutely.

[6] You make excellent progress, but you begin to not be entirely sure you're in the right place. The book was rumored to be in a fetid swamp, dark ruins, or similar; this seems awfully craggy for that.

[5-1] Hm... you don't know enough about demons to say specifically, but many extraplanar creatures like this grow stronger off something- souls, negative emotions, the hearts of their enemies, stuff like that. Maybe if it has something like that, and if you could figure out what it is, there'd be a way to get it some and make it stronger as a result.

((New abbreviation learned. Addendum! :D

Also, yay for experience vs difficulty of a healing beam! Hurrah for air being a fluid, and flowing magic!))

"Hah! Still have the power!"

Theri's ears perked up at the sounds of battle - or something akin to battle, such as goading. Paulus was under attack!

Stride up to the good man and touch him - hoping to place a restorative ward around his body, perhaps healing him upon any open wound is inflicted!

But before all that, she wished Kyle her blessings. It was glad to see the demons gone - despite being 'under his control'.

"Fare thee well summoner! May you fight fire with fire!"

Hmm...fire. A fire shield? A column of wreathing flame? Hmm...what is simple enough.

A heated kick?

[5-1+2] You place a very weak, simple ward around the man. It should absorb some damage should he be attacked.

...it might also absorb energy should he try to do anything.

+1 Restoration

Paul smiled in amusement at the pink-skinned creature's offer, his smile growing wider as his recent elven acquaintance crept behind the arrogant little bastard.
"Sounds fair to me! How about I enchant, say, this fine weapon of yours?"

[4] vs [5] The thug appears to understand the problem in handing you his club, or is too stupid to know you need to take it to enchant it. Either way, he glares at you, then grabs you by the collar and angrily tells you to do it now.

Also the fox puts a ward around you. It'd get in the way of enchanting, or pretty much anything else, anyway, but it should absorb some damage.

Desi gave an exaggerated frown at her 'water'. Oh well.

She then noticed Paulus had already got into trouble. Well, he would probably turn the man into hamburger in a second-so Desi faded into the shadows, creeping and crawling on ceilings and floors like an oversized spider, intent on ending the battle before it began.

Action: Sneak up above and behind the Thuggish Lout and use the stupid simple balled fists to the head bash attack from the ceiling to send him unto unconsciousness. Wait to see if the dimwitted thug gives up his weapon to be enchanted first, then strike regardless.
[3+1-1] vs [2] Your sneak attack slaps the thug upside the back of the head.

[5+2] vs [1-1] The thug spins around, perhaps understandably enraged, and slams his club into you. It's apparently really hard to dodge while hanging upside down, and you take the blow full-force to the side of the head, falling from your perch in the process.

1 dmg to Thug
-7 hp
+1 Fighting
+3 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger

You each have 7 turns of food and water remaining.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 3: Not The Face!]
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »

"You know what? Go to hell."
Paulus unsheathed his Gladius, which responded with a short 'aiiie!':
"This is a robbery, and we outnumber you three to one. Give us your food and water, or we will kill you."
Stab the pink-skinned freak with my Gladius. Try to intimidate him into parting with his belongings in the process.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:35:02 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8