Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 4: Victory!]  (Read 11090 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Doomed Wizards RTD [Turn 4: Victory!]
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:06:36 am »

It's that time again. I need test subject and you need new ways to kill yourselves with eldritch fire. I think we can help each other.

Spoiler: How Does This Work? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Backstory and Rations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Experience and Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maneuvers and Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oh Gods My Face (click to show/hide)

-Signup Sheet-

Name:
Primary Skill: You begin with one skill at Apprentice level.
Secondary Skill: You begin with one skill at Novice level.
Items: In addition to basic clothes, each player begins with two simple items, one related to each starting skill.
Bio:

6 players at start. Good luck keeping it that way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:34:37 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Doomed Wizards RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:06:58 am »

Current Players:
Kyle Laurien (mesor), Human Deathcaller
Desi Heliopsis (Dwarmin), High Elven Ne'er Do Well
Theri Eyn (Tiruin), Kitsune Healer
Gage Allaric (CrimsonEon), Human Seer
Paulus Marcius (HmH), Imperial Enchanter
Elisa (Mr. Zero), Cowgirl Bruiser

Waitlist:
Timsley (Toaster), Human Alchemist
(Nirur Torir), Probably A Diviner
Ochita (Ochita), Human Water Mage
Amirel (Mlamlah), Human Summoner
Gelb krzErek (micelus), Antaur Earthsledge
Blue the Sheep (mentallama), Minosheep Combat Summoner
Goro of the Coming Storm (Scrapheap), Lizardman Storm Mage
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:00:20 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:07:30 am »

Ye Lore Post

Spoiler: Demons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alternate Demons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:38:11 am by IronyOwl »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:22:51 am »

Name : Kyle Laurien.
Race : Human.
Primarily skill : Summoning
Secondary skill : Necromancy
Item : Bone necklace, Book of summoning.
Bio : Kyle is 5 ft 7 with long tangled black hair and pale grey eyes.
Kyle was a cruel and unpleasant person long before the demons arrived the only difference since then is his ability to use what most consider to be "dark" magic has improved. He still cares little for others but he will protect his companions most of the because strength in numbers and all that crap and he may need somebody to feed to a demon to save his own skin....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:59:07 am by mesor »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:50:18 am »

Name: Desi Heliopsis
Race: High Elf
Primary Skill: Air
Secondary Skill: Conjuration
Items:
Windcloak/A sky-blue feathered cloak placed on the shoulders, that allows one to silently glide for short distances, with the aid of Air magic. They tend to be quite dangerous, even to skilled users. Many a young, reckless Aeromancer ended his short career against a tree in such a way.

Skulker Handbook/a tome containing notes and theories on how to summon many common, but mechanically precise items, such as crowbars, ladders, ropes, hooks, needles, lockpicks, bags and bottles. Most of the book seems to reinforce a thievish mindset...

Bio: Kesi was, before the Demons arrived, considered a Rogue-Thiefomancer was the popular term. She used her magic to rob people, sneaking into houses, then flying away, laughing on her Windcloak. Most of the money went to drinking, paying off the authorities, and short term love affairs.

Then the world was destroyed, and her options became sort of stressed. While most people died, Kesi was not tied down to anything-or anyone. She glided out of the city as it burned, never looking back once.

...She hardly trusts her new companions, but life is an adventure, after all. Maybe there's still a way out of all this. She's nothing if not hopeful.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:04:00 am »

It's that time again. I need test subject and you need new ways to kill yourselves with eldritch fire. I think we can help each other.
Another great game brought to you by IronyOwl.  :P

That being said,

Spoiler: Theri Eyn (click to show/hide)

((Sorry if I copied your formatting Dwarmin, I like it.  :P))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:30:28 am by Tiruin »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:23:13 am »

Another tale of summonings gone horribly wrong, Ho!

Name: Gage Allaric
Race: Human
Primary Skill: Divination
Secondary Skill: Metamagic
Items:
- Divining Knife: Since he took up Divination, Gage often experimented with the idea of a knife that would always strike true into an enemy's heart. Between some Metamagic, Divination and Enchanting he's made some progress, but it's not quite up to his expectations...
- Faded Tarot Deck: When telling the fortunes of the townsfolk, Gage's master insisted he use a Tarot Deck as part of his act to convince his audience instead of relying on his visions alone. Over time the Deck has become his arcane focus when he uses his Divination magics.

Bio: Gage was the loyal and confident apprentice of the priest of a small dingy town before the demons came. From a young age he was always in tune with the world of magic around him, but to his master's dismay he held no particular talent for the healing arts. Instead, Gage developed a peculiar sense of foresight, receiving hazy visions of the futures of those around him. Soon he was put to work telling the fortunes of the townsfolk.

As the demons flayed the men and women around him, Gage received a particularly clear vision that led him outside and into hiding. Now with nothing else left to lose, and his visions eerily silent, Gage now stands resolute to ensure the next vision he sees is one of victory over the demons.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 02:24:25 am »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 06:42:17 am »

Spoiler: Paulus Marcius (click to show/hide)
((Annnd... two questions, one of them about minmaxing. Yeah, even before we started playing. Does that count as a record?
- What are the limits on players' worldbuilding?
- Will the benefits I gain from mild overspecialization when choosing a skill, like saying specifically "only knows how to fight with a shortsword", be noticeable, or do I need to specialize even further than that?))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:26:49 am by HmH »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:51 am »

Claim a spot. sheet soon, btw irony. Monster hunter turn will be coming today  ;)! Busy week, lot's of projects.

Name: Elisa
Race:
Spoiler: Cowgirl (click to show/hide)
Primary Skill: Light magic E.G NOT HOLY. If you associate light with holy then it's not my fault.
Secondary Skill:
Spoiler: Lancer user (click to show/hide)
Items: Obviously a lance, made from metal, preferably steel with the tip made from an harder type of metal.
and
A shield, A knight-like shield. ( Search in google if you aren't sure).

Instead of raggy clothing, some heavier metally armor? and a small cowbell. Like one of those butler things.

Bio: Elisa, is not like every cowgirl. Most cowgirls became wives, worked at farms or shopkeeping. No, Elisa had a different approach to her life and her goals. She enjoyed watching minotaurs bashing unfortunate bandits and trouble-makers with their huge horns while bathing in the morning sun.( for christs sake don't think nasty stuff here). She wished that she could do the same, the problem is that females generally get smaller horns thus she wasn't able to do that. Until she overheard some soldiers talking about lancers. This strange type of soldier utilized a large metal stick-like weapon with a big point at the end, stabbing the end into the enemy.

She didn't hesitate for one moment, she left her family and went to become an lancer. During her training she met one particular mage which was skilled in the arts of light magic, she was curious of how one could control this elegant power. Light gives life,warmth and illuminates the darkness. So she picked up some small hints from this mage during her course, but she never got too involved in it. However her training came to an abrupt end when the demons attack, at that time she was away during some mission. But she finally could do that which she always dreamed off, namely crush enemies with her lance while bashing the with her shield.

Elisa, has blonde-ish hair and the bottom half is brown with stips of lighter brown, her ears are brown as well. Her horns are the same size as in the picture and her bust size is slightly smaller.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:24:16 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:45 am »

((Annnd... two questions, one of them about minmaxing. Yeah, even before we started playing. Does that count as a record?
Dunno, but I like your style. :P

- What are the limits on players' worldbuilding?
Depends. In this case, I'd say you saved me the trouble of coming up with a plot hook. :3

- Will the benefits I gain from mild overspecialization when choosing a skill, like saying specifically "only knows how to fight with a shortsword", be noticeable, or do I need to specialize even further than that?))
Hm. I'm pretty wary about allowing specialization beyond just "Axes" or "Swords," both because there's probably not a lot lost in limiting yourself to scimitars or whatever (especially if you're starting with one), and because it's hard to think of additional bonuses that aren't fairly severe.

I might be willing to try something narrower as an experiment, but even then the bonuses would probably be less "additional +1 to attack" and more that any special maneuvers you try are easier/better, or maybe that any special properties of the weapon type ("+1 dmg vs lightly armored enemies") are increased.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 07:49:58 am »

Hm. I'm pretty wary about allowing specialization beyond just "Axes" or "Swords," both because there's probably not a lot lost in limiting yourself to scimitars or whatever (especially if you're starting with one), and because it's hard to think of additional bonuses that aren't fairly severe.

I might be willing to try something narrower as an experiment, but even then the bonuses would probably be less "additional +1 to attack" and more that any special maneuvers you try are easier/better, or maybe that any special properties of the weapon type ("+1 dmg vs lightly armored enemies") are increased.
Alright then, may I have 'succesful called shots always sever if not a whole limb, then at least something' as my bonus for specializing in Shortswords? I love to make fights gorier than they have to be.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:10:10 am by HmH »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:30 am »

Oooh.  Another experimental RTD!  I'll in.

EDIT:  Sadly, it appears I'll just be first on the waitlist.  But if this game is as bloody as implied....

Name:  Timsley
Race:  Human
Primary Skill:  Alchemy
Secondary Skill:  Air
Items: A doubtlessly potent potion of unknown effect, and a pendant for focusing air magic
Bio:  Timsley was considered a potential great in the field of alchemy, but one who would need quite a bit of training and practice before becoming a true master.  Sadly, the world was torn asunder before he could achieve this.  Would this brave new world be the crucible he would be forged in, or was he just food for some horrible demon with fangs, claws, and tentacles?

Air magic was his other ability, but hitherto it was mostly used for conjuring gusts of winds to blow up the skirts of women, so its actual use is questionable.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:36:18 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 08:21:51 am »

Is there a wait-list? I want to join so I can break everything with Divination.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 09:42:44 am »

Is there a wait-list? I want to join so I can break everything with Divination.
I'm not sure it would work that way. As you may recall from the many near-TPK experiences, in Irony's games rules of magic tend to break you instead of the other way around.

Speaking of 'breaking everything', I'm surprised no one has put 'Vampire' into their Race field yet. *wink wink, nudge nudge*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:44:21 am by HmH »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8