Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burying merchants?  (Read 1932 times)

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burying merchants?
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »

So, I recently had a human merchant caravan wiped out by some a besieging force, and despite having a coffins built, set up, and having them set to accept bodies, by dwarves are leaving the corpses to rot.

So, what do I do here? Do I just leave the bodies outside and set up memorial slabs?

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Burying merchants?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:49:16 pm »

When I clicked on the topic, I wasn't expecting it to be about burying merchants that were killed by a besieging force  ;D
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

When I clicked on the topic, I wasn't expecting it to be about burying merchants that were killed by a besieging force  ;D

Yeah, if I were the one to have killed them, I would be doing something funny with their bodies. But these men gave their lives and died in glorious battle defending my fort, the least I can do is to give their remains a proper burial.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »

Toss them in the Magma. The only Burial I give to heros of the fort, to be one with the magma. No Necromancer, no evil darkness, no accursed magic will ever again seperate the dwarf from his home.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:08:00 am »

Or just make slabs.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 09:16:26 am »

Toss them in the Magma. The only Burial I give to heros of the fort, to be one with the magma. No Necromancer, no evil darkness, no accursed magic will ever again seperate the dwarf from his home.

Or just make slabs.

Why not both?
And if you cant afford magma perhaps you could use a atom smasher instead.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

i let them rot in front of my fortress. although my fps seems to be dropping from having so many, so will probably need to atom smash them.

only use for burial i'm pretty sure is dwarf/pet only.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 10:39:41 am »

So, I recently had a human merchant caravan wiped out by some a besieging force, and despite having a coffins built, set up, and having them set to accept bodies, by dwarves are leaving the corpses to rot.

So, what do I do here? Do I just leave the bodies outside and set up memorial slabs?
I think I see the problem...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:25 am »

Yeah, only dwarves are put into coffins. Memorial slab them, or build a special memorial room and put their corpses into there with slab and statues or decorated furnishings of the event.

I don't think there're any ways to put them into boxes, short of hacking, but those are next best thing I can think of!