Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 52508 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 23 IS UP*
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:08 am »

TURN 24

Juba Freedmen
Look for any animals dead or alive and search for a safe place to rest.
[5] Juba wanders aimlessly away from the camp and eventually comes across a large log. [1 vs. 6] Suddenly, the hound's bindings snap and it falls from your shoulder before whirling around and facing him.

Atla
Tell Hans to watch the door while I check the contents of the chest. Have him smash the lock open if it is in fact locked.
Atla finds the chest is locked so he calls Hans over to smash it [4] The lock is easily broken open and Hans returns to his position at the door. Atla lifts up the heavy lid and inside is a massive collection of jewels, gems, weapons, and armor.

Derm
"Right! Jolly good, Jolly good, now, Where in Tamriel am I? This does not look like Skyrim. Where may I find the closest Dwemer city?"
"Wha... wha... what?!!? What is Tamriel or Skyrim?!?!?. I don't even know what a Dwemer even is!

Gweg Kenson
((Um, let me think...
Would Gweg have thought Falvich had found this town by accident and didn't already know about it? And did he have anyone else to ask?)

Help the old man back into his manor house. Try to find a bed or something to put him in.
An unoccupied bed.

((For the sake of what has already been written, Gweg assumed Falvich had been here before, which he had. And there was no one in the immediate vicinity to answer his question)) Gweg [1] seizes the old man by the throat and drags him into the manor before tossing him on the nearest bed.

Groz Talvor
"Is there a guardshousee around here, then? Somewhere where the guards congregate?"
"Yeah... It's over that way." The merchant points in the direction that the two guards from earlier had ran off to.

Falvich
Uh...

Falvich will try and sell the unidentified dagger, and one of the others, and attempt to purchase anklets that boost the wearer's movements speed and reaction skills?
The merchant inspects the daggers, "I'll give you 93 gold pieces for the two of 'em or you can have these premium quality ankle shackles and 18 gold pieces."

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 24 IS UP*
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:38 am »

"Oh? Really? Interesting, interesting. I was right, those idiots should not have been playing with the heart of a god. Well then, that explains the chill I got earlier. Anyhoo, rips in the fabric of space and possibly time aside, what planet, country, region/state, city, and street am I on, what is the current temporal state, or as I would call it, 'year month day hour and minuiet' and where can I find the nearest metal scrapyard?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

Check for traps and hostile enchantments in, around, under, within, and upon the loot, then, if satisfied there is no danger, stuff the jewels and gems in my pockets and check out the new weapons and armour. If I detect danger, have Hans attempt to disarm any physical traps, and disable hostile enchantments myself. One of us should be on the door at all times during the procedure.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2012, 12:44:37 am »

"Well, I'd best be of then. If you see the guardshousesucked into a horrible dimension of eldritch beings, it was most probably me."
Head in the direction the quest-giver merchant indicated.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

Crack it on the head again hard enough to knock it out for hours.

(( This is insane lol I'm knocking it out and it comes around in all of 30 seconds. ))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:25:06 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2012, 05:28:47 pm »

Head out the door, and try to find work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »

Falvich will take just the gold...But try and bargain for a bit more? A hundred gold won't even get you an hour at the Saucy Elves Bed, Bath 'n' Bubbles...

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »

Accidental Double Post.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:28:01 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:35 pm »

TURN 25

Derm
"Oh? Really? Interesting, interesting. I was right, those idiots should not have been playing with the heart of a god. Well then, that explains the chill I got earlier. Anyhoo, rips in the fabric of space and possibly time aside, what planet, country, region/state, city, and street am I on, what is the current temporal state, or as I would call it, 'year month day hour and minuiet' and where can I find the nearest metal scrapyard?"
"Er.... it's uh... the 5563rd day of Sun's Eve, I don't know what the uh... hour or minuiet is... ummmm... and we're in Thandor... please let me go!"

Atla
Check for traps and hostile enchantments in, around, under, within, and upon the loot, then, if satisfied there is no danger, stuff the jewels and gems in my pockets and check out the new weapons and armour. If I detect danger, have Hans attempt to disarm any physical traps, and disable hostile enchantments myself. One of us should be on the door at all times during the procedure.
[4] Atla checks over the chest and loot and finds no obvious dangers so, he stuffs as much jewels, gold, and gems as he can into your compartments ((because you're a construct)) [6] Atla finds a exceptional steel morningstar as well as a steel club and a few assorted breastplates, gauntlets, boots, but there's too much too keep track of, but he does notice a large crucible steel ingot at the bottom of the chest.

Groz Talvor
"Well, I'd best be of then. If you see the guardshousesucked into a horrible dimension of eldritch beings, it was most probably me."
Head in the direction the quest-giver merchant indicated.
Groz heads off in the direction the merchant indicated and soon comes across a large, stone building with two guards at the front both plated in steel and wielding longswords.

Juba Freedmen
Crack it on the head again hard enough to knock it out for hours.

(( This is insane lol I'm knocking it out and it comes around in all of 30 seconds. ))
[2 vs. 2+2-1=3] Juba swings for the creature head and misses. [1 vs. 2] It lunges for Juba but he's able to dodge out of the way.

Gweg Kenson
Head out the door, and try to find work.
Gweg heads out the door and looks around for potential work [5] eventually he comes across a poster on a billboard. It looks to be a wanted poster for some bandits in a nearby forest.

Falvich
Falvich will take just the gold...But try and bargain for a bit more? A hundred gold won't even get you an hour at the Saucy Elves Bed, Bath 'n' Bubbles...
[6] Falvich haggles for an additional 40 gold bringing the total transaction to 133 gold. The pawn-shop owner accepts and the trade is done. And he places it in his sack.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 25 IS UP*
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

Bash it on the head, brake it's legs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:42 pm »

If it's an application to be a bandit, report it to the authorities.
If it's an application about killing bandits, thank all gods I know and go apply for the job. Learn where the bandits are and such.

((I was expecting some boring job, but this is great!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2012, 08:39:41 pm »

"Tut tut, You forgot one detail! Stiiil need to find a scrapyard. You know, large place, where a bunch of, say copper, brass or steel goes, generally has some sort of machinery nearby?"

Why does talking take up an entire turn?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:44:16 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »

Take the ingot (crucible ingot? whats that?). Swap Hans' iron clubs for the morningstar and steel club, then see if I can't use the assorted armour to reinforce myself (in lieu of actually wearing better armour, I guess I can just have reinforcements, and better armour can be turned into better reinforcements? Does that make sense?). Use the rest of the metal to make Hans sleeker to improve his manoeuvrability, but without sacrificing his inherent durability. Once that has been done, see what remains in the chest.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

((dermonster, well I consider it one action, so if you add something else along it then that will happen as well, the reason it's difficult is in conversation, I want to give the player the ability to choose how they respond. I suppose, an alternate way it could be done, is having all conversation through PM and then compiling it in the next turn but... What do you all think?))

((GUNINANRUNIN, Crucible Steel is basically just a kind of steel with no impurities, so it's basically a little better than normal steel))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:36 pm »

*Blank look*

I meant, why are you making his reply be limited by the turn instead of just ignoring the turn altogether until we're done talking.

I post my bit.

You post NPC.

Repeat until conversation over and I make an action.

Post turn.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43