Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Nate's Terrafirmacraft Server: Put the Survival in Survival mode!  (Read 51304 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Nate's Terrafirmacraft Server: Put the Survival in Survival mode!
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »

It's probably pulling some lame bugs.  Like the previous hunger was on a scale of 0-20, and the new one is 0-1000.  So the code probably doesn't let you eat if you have 20 food, or something, so the giant hunger bar is at least like 98% empty all the time.  Or something equally derped.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:30 am »

It's probably pulling some lame bugs.  Like the previous hunger was on a scale of 0-20, and the new one is 0-1000.  So the code probably doesn't let you eat if you have 20 food, or something, so the giant hunger bar is at least like 98% empty all the time.  Or something equally derped.

I'm pretty sure it relies on the "invisible old hunger bar". Doesn't matter if the new bar is at 10% or 90%, to be able to eat I have to sprint around like an idiot for 5 minutes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2012, 12:48:26 am »

Still going to wait until the New Version is stable before working on my Two Fort Idea...
Would love to know if anyone is interested in the concept though...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2012, 09:13:54 am »

Build 56 is out. Item replication bug is said to be fixed (at least one of them).

What other changes are game-breaking?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2012, 09:56:21 am »

Things are starting to look good...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2012, 10:29:06 am »

So far no new bugs on the forums... Water bottles now work for thirst, you can heal by sleeping, arrows (& javelin) scaled to new health so skeletons aren't pushovers anymore, you are now supposed to warm meals to double the bonus, levels actually matter now (increase of health and water reserves) and other goodness. Also, no more suicide healing: you respawn with only a percentage of health and water.

Oh, and also: Smart Moving is updated to 1.4.2, yay!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:09 am »

Whitelist me!

IGN: coolguy13511

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2012, 10:42:22 am »

Oh my and here's me with some 35 levels already :>

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2012, 10:58:55 am »

So, are we on the new version now?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2012, 01:28:51 pm »

Whitelist ZombiLoin please?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2012, 02:24:36 pm »

Well, buttoning down for sandy atm. Not along the coast but we are getting a blizzard advisory. That and the fact that last windstorm we had punched our power out for almost 5 days...

If you don't hear from me I'll probably be making snowmen in the streets with the neighbors.

Going to stay with the current working version for the immediate future. I don't want to go hopping back and forth, especially when I might not be able to be there to fix it right now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:34 pm »

Godspeed and hold fast against the Frankenstorm!

Also I demand you construct a small dwarven fort out of snow.  Miniature will work but you get points off.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »

Better get ready, I live in Central Europe and we had a nice one on Saturday: even today, two days later there are no signs of it wanting to melt and it's been -6*C (21F) in the morning. It also causes general mayhem with power outages and train tracks getting destroyed.

@Girlinhat: given that most dwarven forts are underground, that doesn't seem to be a difficult task. Unless of course you mean the dorfier alternative of shaping the tunnels (may be doable, actually, if you use ice, gotta try one day).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »

When you return, I've sent my username via pm for whitelisting. Enjoy the weather.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Day 3

At dawn, I unloaded my boat and packed everything, ready to walk south.
Now that I can explore it further, this new land Might more alien and amazing than I first thought; there is no tree within sight and the only animal I could find near the landing site is a white wolf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decide to follow the ravine southward, toward a couple of peaks that I shall call "The Gate".
Hopefully I'll find a more lush environment beyond them, with trees to build shelters and animals to hunt.
after crossing the peaks, the situatin isn't much changed, but I found the first hint of major plant life on this continent.
It seems to be a fruit tree. Comparing the branches to the pictures in my botanical compendium I can confidently identify it as a peach tree, or at least as a specie closely related to our peaches. Sadly, despite high temperatures it isn't producing any fruit yet.
I see on an hill something that might be tree leaves, but I don't have time to get close. Hopefully, this is a sign that there will be forests ahead.

my hopes were, to be gentle, crushed. in fornt of me, even grass seems to give in to the heat, now approaching 30 C°. in front of me is a large expanse of almost bare dirt and night will come soon. I'll have to dig an hole in the round as shelter.
Such sacrifices must be made for knowledge and science.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21