Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good RP server for NWN2 ..or NWN1  (Read 6395 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good RP server for NWN2 ..or NWN1
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 07:45:41 pm »

lol. what else is missing from nwn 2 that cant be modded in?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 08:02:49 pm »

People who does it :)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 01:52:35 am »

People who does it :)

Man i didnt think it would be this hard looking for a good rp server that fits both of us -.-

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 02:11:10 am »

lol. what else is missing from nwn 2 that cant be modded in?
Well the map editor is much harder to use. NWN 1 used a tile based system which means pretty much anyone could whip together their own map. NWN 2 uses a tile system for dungeons but also uses a 3D terrain map for outdoors. The UI was also a bit less friendly as well.
NWN 1 models were also a much lower poly count. This made modelling much easier and it was embraced by the community extremely quickly. Many people saw the effort it would take to bring NWN 2 content up to level of NWN 1 and couldn't be bothered with it. Obsidian just left way too much for modders to fix.

NWN 2 was also criticised for missing some features of NWN 1. It didn't have the "dance of death" which was the characters dodging and parrying attacks, it made the combat animations extremely boring. Some classes and skills were and still are completely broken. I'm sure both the Warlock and Parry are broken, warlock missing bonuses and parrying just not working right.

Finally we have the single-player. NWN was pretty broken on release. It had all kinds of bugs and graphical glitches as well as being an extremely demanding game. This couple with the fairly generic campaign made a lot of people turn back to NWN and it's expansions. 

Now a lot of people hated the single player of standard NWN 2 which I can somewhat understand. It was extremely slow to start and the characters introduced at the start weren't exactly all that interesting. However it did get better through the middle of the game and it had quite a decent plot with some character development. Most people gave up before that point and I don't think I can blame them. 
The true legacy of NWN 2 is Mask of the Betrayer. If anyone hasn't played that expansion they must flagellate themselves and download it right now. Damn amazing expansion. The second expansion (the name escapes me right now) couldn't exactly hold the torch but it did try to innovate and show off what the ruleset can do. Shame it just wasn't all that fun or interesting. 

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

The thing about nwn2 single player is that i play with friends so my progress is never saved and if i want to play alone i need to start over ..which sucks

that and i have job A.D.D and switch so much, NWN1 was nice because i could skip any place i wanted too ..this one you cant and i never finished it

I didn't like mask of the betrayer too because of the spirit bar thing , it felt like a leash that was dragging me down and forcing me to play the way it wanted and not the way 1 wanted so i never got more then an hour into it

i think i soloed the main fight outside the gate as a wizard a few times then gave up, maybe i didnt take the time to understand the mechanics of the hunger thing but it just rubbed me the wrong way...maybe i should try it again.

One game i did finish in 2 was storm , Holy crap that was so easy and fast ..me and a friend finished it with little effort and rolling in gold because of the massive cash you make by building the trade routes
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:04:05 am by Frostbite »

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »

Greetings, I may or may not have something similar to what your interested in.

I am creating a multiplayer only (for 1 to 4 players)Fallout 2 total conversion for neverwinter nights, using D20 Modern 2.0 as a base. I am presently in the process of completing part 1 of my planned 4 part series of my nwn-fallout conversion project. Part 1 includes various random locations that can be discovered and will feature 3 towns, Arroyo, Klamath, and The Den; Part 2 will have Modoc, Redding, Navaroo and so forth. The reason for this being is it takes a lot of time for one person to balance NPCs, places, and items, to suit various different possibilities. I do this on my spare time; which is little due to my job, but I am adding a lot of depth and detail with the world to make it as close to Fallout 2 as possible. The timeline will be the same as Fallout 2, the player or players will start off as the chosen one(s) and begin their temple of trials to gain their first valuable level and beginning equipment. From their after, however, is when the free-form actually begins, although there will be the main quest (Find the GECK) just like in FO, you can dwell off and venture into the wastes and attack, befriend, or rob whoever you please. If you are a good enough thief you could even steal from your own tribe members to gain that extra boost in your travels.

This game system will be played in sessions, ranging from one to four hours and on specific days if anyone is interested. (For example, playdate may be on Nov. 2nd, at 12pm -6 Central time) players would then get on NWN, look for the server name, and join and enjoy the project.

OVERVIEW

Encounter dozens of custom NPCs and deal with them as you see fit.

Players will be Able to surrender if a situation is hopeless, or take prisoners / make slaves out of various NPCs.

Hundreds of locations planned from FO1 and FO2 games to be transported onto the NWN engine.

Death will be harsh but with leniency, players can respawn 4 times with EXP penalties, after 4 deaths they must be revived by a friendly NPC or player in order to continue. (good role-play and other factors gain you a respawn at times)

Multiple factions in which you can join any of them if you play your cards right.

And more!
Required HAKS: D20 Modern, CEP 2.2, Phod Bunkers.
Interested? Drop me a private message, and download these links..

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7841  (d20 modern haks)

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7953 (Phod Bunkers)

http://nwvault.ign.com/?dir=cep/downloads (you can either get the newer CEP 2.3, or download CEP 2.2 from the older versions option, either one will work)

http://nwnfallout.webs.com/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:59:18 pm by killerbees1218 »
Death, is only the beginning.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:38 am »

I have what you want for NwN2: Baldur's Gate: The Sword Coast Chronicles. Extremely well visited, usually having 30-45 players online at the same time and sometimes filling up all 70 spots during weekends, medium-to-heavy on the RP depending on preference, several active DM's, several active guilds and guildlikes, who all have their own plots going on besides the current "main stories", oh, and the fact that it has both enough Underdark content to provide for the whole 30 levels without even leaving the caverns. Oh, and of course, a lot of cool people and committed people running around.

If you've played the old Baldur's Gate games, you'll also have the delight of revisiting the area, with places such as Candlekeep, The Friendly Arms Inn, Beregost (which was burnt down during the last storyline, which was about a war between Amn and BG, but is now rebuilt though smaller - not to mention conquered by Amn), Nashkel, and of course, Baldur's Gate itself (since I found no really good pictures of the city itself, have a comparison of the city [url?http://www.wikihow.com/images/6/6f/BaldursGatecity.jpg]as it appears in BGTSCC[/url] and how it was in the old Baldur's Gate game). On the surface, the map covers the area from the Cloudpeak Mountains in northern Amn up to the regions north of Baldur's Gate.

The server is still being updated as well, currently focusing on the lawless northern regions and making evil roleplay easier on the surface (as the areas under the law of the Flaming Fist is, well, very well populated and full of good PC's). Not that there aren't room for evil there - it just have to be very low-key and subtle. As is, there is several Evil and Chaotic Neutral guilds active on the servers, all running their own plots behind the scenes.

So yeah, visit the forums, visit the server, new folks are always welcome. I just found this a month or so ago, and is still pretty much in newfound-love with it, so maybe we'll see eachother ingame if you do?
Love, scriver~

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 04:47:45 am »

RP servers is a timesink I am desperately trying to avoid, but I am having an even harder time not giving in after reading this thread.
Seems there are a lot more nwn1 suggestions then 2 , why is that ?
Personally, I think NWN1 looks better than NWN2, not to mention the endless issues I have with 2. Lag, glitches, terrible interface and an awful camera, I love NWN2 but I just have such a hard time playing it. I was going to say, maybe other people had these problems too, but wow, 70 people servers is just mind boggling.
Pages: 1 [2]