Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good RP server for NWN2 ..or NWN1  (Read 6402 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good RP server for NWN2 ..or NWN1
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:42:37 pm »

So my friend got me back into nwn but now she and i are looking for a good RP server. Personally i am looking for a decent populated server that maybe has some neat features like crafting or some interesting gimmick

She likes to play less common races like kobolds so if the server allows that all the better. She's a good RP'er and knows a lot about what she plays.

No ERP server suggestions please, i joined one thinking adult meant "hey look no kiddies to worry about" not "Beep beep a long metal rod beep beep and then the orc comes over and beep* Ok ...no not my thing.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good RP server for NWN2 ..or NWN1
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:51:01 pm »

This may be relevant to your interests. (NWN1)

http://arelith.com/

I played it breifly as a goblin, and I thought it was a good RP type of place.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:23:54 pm »

This may be relevant to your interests. (NWN1)

http://arelith.com/

I played it breifly as a goblin, and I thought it was a good RP type of place.

Yea i checked it out a few days ago and seems like an interesting place , i like the fact you dont need to download anything

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

I would recommend Escape from Undeath: Mistlocke, has a great setting with tons of quests and GM events run fairly often and more subraces than you'll be able to play. (Although most of them require an application.) Also has a pretty good amount of players on, usually 10 or more.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »

I would recommend Escape from Undeath: Mistlocke, has a great setting with tons of quests and GM events run fairly often and more subraces than you'll be able to play. (Although most of them require an application.) Also has a pretty good amount of players on, usually 10 or more.

I'll need to check with her. The fact you need to fill out an application for something like kobold is kinda odd
They have lower stats, no real special ability's or skills and is weaker then everything else by far..

Could be just me but having an app for something weak and hard to RP like kobold in the same category as werewolf is strange at best. Doubt they would approve of an app of someone new anyways .

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33:56 pm »

I'll need to check with her. The fact you need to fill out an application for something like kobold is kinda odd
They have lower stats, no real special ability's or skills and is weaker then everything else by far..

Could be just me but having an app for something weak and hard to RP like kobold in the same category as werewolf is strange at best. Doubt they would approve of an app of someone new anyways .
Isn't being weak and hard to RP a perfect reason for needing an app to be one? :P
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »

No because you can spot a good RP'er a mile away when they pick fun to play classes/races rather then powerful ones , In my time in nwn1/2 i think i seen MAYBE 1 other person play kobold and he left soon after

I have never once seen a noob pick a weak race, they see that -4 str and run away... Btw in NWN -4 str is a lot harsher then in D&D because the armors and weapons weight doesn't scale

Now i might understand the need for an app if they fixed some of the issues with the game engine like the weight issue and some other things but i really doubt they will

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:33:03 am »

Generally I find that races which are usually chosen as those that need an application, are harder to roleplay convincingly than those that tend to be available basically. Stats may or may not affect the likelihood of one playing any particular race, but it shouldn't be a big thing in determining wherever a race is played or not. I will admit that not only I'm not a good RP'er (but that's mainly to me being exceptionally casual in the way I play, and to some extent how I RP) and races with a huge strength penalty can make me hide.

Anyway, as I'm not really much of a RP'er, I can't really make any suggestions on good RP servers. While I do occasionally host someone elses RP server in progress every now and then, I'm not going to suggest it, since its still somewhat incomplete and I only occasionally have it up.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 05:05:32 am »

Generally I find that races which are usually chosen as those that need an application, are harder to roleplay convincingly than those that tend to be available basically. Stats may or may not affect the likelihood of one playing any particular race, but it shouldn't be a big thing in determining wherever a race is played or not. I will admit that not only I'm not a good RP'er (but that's mainly to me being exceptionally casual in the way I play, and to some extent how I RP) and races with a huge strength penalty can make me hide.

Anyway, as I'm not really much of a RP'er, I can't really make any suggestions on good RP servers. While I do occasionally host someone elses RP server in progress every now and then, I'm not going to suggest it, since its still somewhat incomplete and I only occasionally have it up.

Stats shouldn't be a major decision when picking a race , never said they should be i said most players stay away from races like these because of things like that

I personally think that kobolds are not the hardest thing to RP correctly, Its just the other player characters normally have an attitude towards lesser races and make it "difficult"

A real hard race to RP in my eyes are Gnomes, Never seen a gnome player and i doubt they will ever be popular

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:16 am »

well drat i was hoping for more peoples suggestions, Not really easy to find info with out just searching each one in the list

I hear there are some servers that cant seem to get on the list but no info on where to find them

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 03:17:58 am »

Here is one.Its pure RP server.
This is hardcore really, sounds fun? Better check it yer self and decide.
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:22 am »

If you want something more based on realism you should try Legacy: Dark Age of Britain for NWN2

Its not easy either...soloing is very very hard.

http://legacydarkage.com/

There is still plenty of magic and monsters and etc...but its all based on welsh lore.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 05:08:01 am »

Seems there are a lot more nwn1 suggestions then 2 , why is that ?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 05:58:01 am »

I think it takes time to build up good PW in NWN2 from scratch and most capable people are still managing their NWN1 servers.
Thats only explanation i can think of.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

NWN 2 + expansions by default comes with a lot less assets than NWN 1 + expansions.

NWN 2 for example lacked an Underdark tileset which is heresy in NWN role-playing. Everyone knows that if two-thirds of the server aren't Drows role-playing rape it isn't NWN.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:24:24 am by Catastrophic lolcats »
Pages: [1] 2