Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108427 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #870 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:50 am »

6DOF games can do that, sorry. When you don't have to worry about silly restrictions like ground and sufficient gravity to hold you on said ground, up can turn into down, left can turn into right, and if you lose track of where you're going its easy to turn forward into the wrong direction and backward into the right direction (or also the wrong way).

All I thought of when I read that is "The Enemy's gate is down!"  :P

But yeah, it gets pretty easy to get disoriented in this game :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 05, 2013, 11:04:02 am »

All I thought of when I read that is "The Enemy's gate is down!"  :P

But yeah, it gets pretty easy to get disoriented in this game :)
I'd thought of just putting that, but I'd felt like being helpful. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:14 am »

I will love the person that manages to build a space goat and shoot down a space banana in this game.
I WILL LOVE THEM.

Also what is the fun of multiplayer currently?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 05, 2013, 01:04:17 pm »

I will love the person that manages to build a space goat and shoot down a space banana in this game.
I WILL LOVE THEM.

Also what is the fun of multiplayer currently?
GIANT SPACEDICKS RAHRHARHARHARHARH

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 05, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

Sorry for not getting the server up :(

I have schoolwork and other things I'm needing to deal with. I will get it set up as soon as I can, though.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 05, 2013, 04:49:58 pm »

Just got the game and loving it so far.  One question though, are the weapon damage values bugged?  It seems like the basic anti-personnel cannon is the most powerful at the moment, doing 20 damage with a refire rate of 0.2 seconds and the fastest projectile speed.  Made an anti-frigate gun, and it seems to do the same damage, but fires much slower and takes up a LOT more space.  The so-called "anti-personnel" cannon can shred through a stack of redium-reinforced titanium blocks almost instantly, and they're a component for all the "better" guns >.<

Using the DarthNox item set, if that has anything to do with it. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:05 pm »

They aren't so much bugged as they are alpha cannons. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 05, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »

Lol, I guess.  Though having the "tech 1" cannon do 20 damage at 0.2s recharge and the tech 2 cannon do 8 damage with a 0.3s recharge seems like they just pounded random keys when they coded in those values =p

Did some more testing and yes, the Anti-Personnel cannon is by far the best.  Putting 16 in each broadside for now, all shall fear my wrath.  I've got 4 months on a ship to build the greatest battleship space has ever seen. 

One question, is there any way to bypass the 20 units/sec speed cap?  Kinda want to have some point in putting 4 big ion engines on the back, right now one kicks me up to max almost instantly.
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 05, 2013, 07:29:18 pm »

GIANT SPACEDICKS RAHRHARHARHARHARH

To the OOC thread we go!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 05, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »

CORNEROIDS? Why u no have smelting uranium?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 05, 2013, 08:26:28 pm »

One question, is there any way to bypass the 20 units/sec speed cap?
Wait for the update.

The next big update is all about space! I'm going to rework how space is implemented in Corneroids to allow bigger distances, bigger asteroids/planets and to remove the speed limit!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:20 am »

My new ship is up to 1000 tons and I haven't even done the guns, most of the thrusters, or outer armor yet.
Hoping 4800 units of force is enough to move it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 06, 2013, 09:26:36 am »

Holy crap. This is why I love this forum.

A Minecraft-type game in space that's actually good? Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 06, 2013, 09:29:27 am »

Holy crap. This is why I love this forum.

A Minecraft-type game in space that's actually good? Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Just beware alpha. And monsters.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

UnnamedNomad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:20 am »

http://rghost.ru/42782286

Little mod.  Add  radar+milkyway

+- - change max distance
[ and ]  - change scale
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62