Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108461 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #810 on: December 08, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »

Because they'll despawn, chew through about anything, and you can place natural blocks on an artificial ship to spawn them.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 08, 2012, 02:59:58 pm »

"Don't do it! You don't understand! They're infected!"
"...With what?"

"Block destruction."

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 08, 2012, 04:42:24 pm »

I was still building my first spaceship, near an asteroid. When I opened the door, a squid flew in. And when I was mining an asteroid, one flew out at me. It's not that they're hard to kill, it's just that they give you a freaking heart attack.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 08, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

I was still building my first spaceship, near an asteroid. When I opened the door, a squid flew in. And when I was mining an asteroid, one flew out at me. It's not that they're hard to kill, it's just that they give you a freaking heart attack.

+1, that what I was trying to say in an earlier post.
Anyway, playing with low gamma is pretty awesome, but can you mod the beacon lightning's colors? Blue is clean and tidy, but it would be great to have signals with other colors... Which brings me to the signal feature, it might have a lot of uses in multiplayer.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 08, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

You can edit the beacon and change the color and the pattern.  You can also link the beacon to a control block, though I'm not entirely sure what this does...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 08, 2012, 06:53:39 pm »

I tried to make a ship, but I can't seem to link hotkeys to different thrusters. How to do so ? I link the console to the thrusters (they get red), but after that ?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 08, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »

I tried to make a ship, but I can't seem to link hotkeys to different thrusters. How to do so ? I link the console to the thrusters (they get red), but after that ?
Press edit a second time while looking at the console.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 08, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

Press edit a second time while looking at the console.

Oh, tried looking at the thrusters, so it's facing the console, thank you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 24, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »

Hahaha!  Bump!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 24, 2012, 01:59:10 pm »

Hahaha!  Bump!
I saw this in unread posts and thought that multiplayer had come out.
Now I am disappointed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 24, 2012, 02:16:48 pm »

Hahaha!  Bump!
Weren't you one of the people that said bumps and necros are fine, so long as they add content?
Maybe.  So let's add content.  Anyone been doing anything lately, or being thinking "I'd like to see X" and let someone else do it?

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 24, 2012, 02:49:20 pm »

Have some content.

I made this modpack for /vg/. My initial goal was to remake the economy so it wouldn't be terrible, but I got sidetracked when I discovered some very interesting ways to (ab)use the modding potential. Enjoy torpedo launchers, minelayers, handheld weapons from Traveller, ship-mounted weapons from Homeworld, and some other stuff. This version is a beta (and a rough one at that), and a lot of the values are placeholders. It's also a creative version, which means you start with Cheatyface SynthPlastic (tm) and can use it to make more synthplastic or to make any item or block.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yqb56ffsc8149bm

New version should be coming out sometime today (maybe), whenever I get around to it. It'll have better balance, weapon upgrades, and stealth technology (cloaking fields).

Activated:

Deactivated:

500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 24, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

Glorious content...  Have you alerted the original developer to this?  If you can do this just modding, imagine what real game changes could do :P

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 24, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

I sent him an email with feature requests and feedback a while ago, sadly I haven't gotten a reply back.

The stealth module basically works by spawning a projectile (all cannon projectiles and bullets work the same way and have lots of configuration options) that is 20x20x20 blocks and colored pure black. It deals 0 damage, so while you can destroy the 'projectile', it won't damage anything, it simply makes the cloak vanish. It also has 0 movement speed, so it stays stationary.
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 24, 2012, 05:34:44 pm »

I sent him an email with feature requests and feedback a while ago, sadly I haven't gotten a reply back.

The stealth module basically works by spawning a projectile (all cannon projectiles and bullets work the same way and have lots of configuration options) that is 20x20x20 blocks and colored pure black. It deals 0 damage, so while you can destroy the 'projectile', it won't damage anything, it simply makes the cloak vanish. It also has 0 movement speed, so it stays stationary.

Upgraded ones should be larger/have stars. But yeah. BADASSERY IS BADASS
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62