Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108470 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #795 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:14 pm »

We need a Bay12 server for science, mainly.  We need to expound the capabilities of ship design and refine our techniques.  We'll take this knowledge into public servers.

I vote Forsaken as server host :D

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:04 pm »

Girlinhat has volunteered to ask Forsaken for us, so I guess that's a good idea.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 07, 2012, 01:13:14 pm »

Yeah, forsaken kinda the native server host.

And i agree on science.
How big will our first ship be?
I assume a 20-30k asteroid will suffice?
We could store alot on that, then fly it around to do science on various asteroids.
(Given that players move along with entities.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 07, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »

Yeah, forsaken kinda the native server host.

And i agree on science.
How big will our first ship be?
I assume a 20-30k asteroid will suffice?
We could store alot on that, then fly it around to do science on various asteroids.
(Given that players move along with entities.)

Our first 'roid will be... OVER 9000 TONS!!!

Serious: As large as we can get

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 07, 2012, 04:43:21 pm »

Tbh I'd quite like our flagship to be modular, i.e. in periods of wealth and peace it gets refitted. :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »

We need a Bay12 server for science, mainly.  We need to expound the capabilities of ship design and refine our techniques.  We'll take this knowledge into public servers.

I vote Forsaken as server host :D

But... but what is science without unwilling "volunteers" to conduct the science ON.

Heheheh.

Seriously, I think a public server where we have carved out our own space, right from the get go, would be a great idea, but a secondary "simulation testbed" would certainly be nice for trying out exotic bits that might require, say, hacking ourselves loads of materials for repeated collision tests when collision stuff is in.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:29 pm »

Maybe in the future.  Right now, we just need to discover what we're doing.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 07, 2012, 05:37:30 pm »

And kill it with lasers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:34 pm »

I nominate you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 07, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

"Let me see the combat log."
"No wonder you lost! It's far too small and balsam is a softwood."

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 08, 2012, 04:01:33 am »

Man, I hope they reduce the spawn amount of enemy units. I'm scared to open my spaceship's door, in case I encounter a squid or something.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:56 am »

Man, I hope they reduce the spawn amount of enemy units. I'm scared to open my spaceship's door, in case I encounter a squid or something.

They only spawn in asteroids, so there's no fret of seeing them everywhere... Yet. Although it would be pretty atmospheric and creepy to go in a space walk to repair the ship's hull and boom! A purple facehugger leaps from nowhere.

Now, I haven't tested if they still spawn in hand-placed rocks, so you could build a small biome inside the ship to see a couple of those bastards. Now, there's not enough variety...
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 08, 2012, 08:13:05 am »

If you have titanium armor and a digging implent thulium minigun, they're not too much of a challenge.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 08, 2012, 12:45:43 pm »

If you have titanium armor and a digging implent thulium minigun, they're not too much of a challenge.

If you have a ranged weapon and the ability to fly backwards they're not too much of a challenge. The minigun just makes them less annoying to deal with.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 08, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »

How about we build a zoo ship? An asteroid whittled down to just a couple blocks, and a spaceship built around it, with glass so everyone can see the horrible monsters zoo animals.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62