Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108520 times)

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #705 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »

Yeah I was starting on duplicating the front part I screencapped for the end of the ship, and the midsection was nearly done... then it just crashed when I alt-tabbed from Grooveshark. Ironically, I alt-tabbed to play Queen's "The Show Must Go On". Inspirational or no, I quit.

So yeah, save often.

Also: Someone might find this useful:
Install ChefAnonV15:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iywi5ybwo2x59dn
Replace blockset file with my modified one:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ivg1q7mi499rnnd

All crafting recipes are free, and produce x999 of the item. I tried setting the redium drill power to 100 just to make it faster, but it wasn't, so instead the plasma launcher is a tool of mass deletion.

Looks pretty bad if you ask me, sounds he could use a hand.
If he open-sources it I will send him 50$ right now. Seriously. Indie devs are a crapshoot, with everything in-between another Tarn Adams prodigy and another Notch being possible. Not to insult Mikko personally, but I crave for every last ounce of potential in this game.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 13, 2012, 11:57:21 pm »

That triforce shooting ship is genius.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

Holy hell I have no idea who you are but you have done everything incredibly.  Like literally everything.  You've actually designed a tri-prong ship in a cube world by abusing the 3D full rotation aspect.  This is amazing and I eagerly look forward to my failed attempts at flying these monstrosities.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 14, 2012, 01:02:55 am »

That triforce shooting ship is genius.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 14, 2012, 06:47:25 am »

Also: Someone might find this useful:
Install ChefAnonV15:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iywi5ybwo2x59dn
Replace blockset file with my modified one:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ivg1q7mi499rnnd

Thanks you, that is awesome. Just what I needed to help me build my space station :D

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 14, 2012, 03:43:03 pm »

So, my space station has begun. Now that I have that itemset(THANKS ZYXL) I no longer have to get tons of material. Here it is so far, I've been working for about 30 minuets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The big box at the back is the power core, I have 9 standard antimatter reactors in there. Its going to be Triple(!) heavy redium plated because, really its the most important part of the ship. There is no way inside, and the only link to the outside world is one cable. The area in front is whats going to be the command center. So far, so good. I'm going to be taking inspiration from that orbiting drone satellite in that star wars movie, the one where anakin and the old guy(I haven't watched the moves in about 4 years, gimme a break!) go to negotiate, but its a TARP! So yeah, so far, so good

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 14, 2012, 04:35:12 pm »

Zyxl, I love you.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 15, 2012, 07:59:37 am »

shoots triforces + EPIC win!!

now to work out how to build a hidden turret.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 15, 2012, 03:15:28 pm »

Attempting one - man cube - based 'fighter of line'. It's made out of Medium Aluminium so in terms of armor it's cheap as chips.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »

Place the gun inside the ship with the muzzle pointing into the ship away from the wall. When you control the gun and flip it 180 degrees to face the outside of the ship, the shots will clip through the wall. You can do this with an array of guns, though they can/will still shoot each other. Double thick walls won't work, the shots will only clip through the blocks adjacent to the turret and hit the outer layer. If you want better angles of fire, have a bump/nodule in the wall so the turret is a little further out than the rest of the external wall.

I think that's a genuine bug/exploit. I'd have screencaps but for some reason my mouse is locked while in game, though it works on the game menus just fine. So I really can't build anything until I figure that out.

edit:
Turns out the mouse sensitivity got set to 0 somehow.

And here's a completely encased 3x3.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:00:26 pm by Zyxl »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #715 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »

Place the gun inside the ship with the muzzle pointing into the ship away from the wall. When you control the gun and flip it 180 degrees to face the outside of the ship, the shots will clip through the wall. You can do this with an array of guns, though they can/will still shoot each other. Double thick walls won't work, the shots will only clip through the blocks adjacent to the turret and hit the outer layer. If you want better angles of fire, have a bump/nodule in the wall so the turret is a little further out than the rest of the external wall.

I think that's a genuine bug/exploit. I'd have screencaps but for some reason my mouse is locked while in game, though it works on the game menus just fine. So I really can't build anything until I figure that out.
Alt Printscreen?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:43 pm »

Interesting, but hax.  I'm personally hoping we can link airlocks to control blocks, and make them so that weapon fire doesn't hit the invisible blocks.  If that's done, then you can open gun ports!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 15, 2012, 09:59:15 pm »

made my first real ship, The STARBREAKER

so it is still a wip and need me to work out how to add proper engines
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:37 pm »

A mediocre proof of concept with exposed wires, cheaty mod weapons, and no engines.

Sorry, but go basic before you go big.

Bernzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 16, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »

I've been a Dwarf Fortress fan for a while, but I'm terribad at the game, and I've never really seen this community. But this active thread on my latest game addition made me join up.

Built two ships so far, After my failure of a cube couldn't do anything without taking ten years to do it, I started again. Using the stuff I learned from this thread, I made a passable ship. Turns really well, accelerates kinda slowly, but I haven't mined any large asteroids yet so I only have hydrogen thrusters. Slowing down is a problem, though.

Damn, this game is fun. I'd join up with a Bay 12 server when multiplayer hits.  :D

Edit: I gotta say, Lighting on and Gamma at 0 makes my ship much more ominous and much less goofy.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:36:37 am by Bernzz »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62