Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108589 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #600 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:50 pm »

There is none.  Each item has a Health, and each weapon has a Damage.  This is why Anti-Personnel cannons are broken, because that "20" should be "20 to a player, less to a block" but that exemption hasn't been included yet.

For rough comparison though, Heavy Thulium-Iron has a health of 40, and a Anti-Frigate has a power of 15.  I also think that bigger guns will get splash damage later, this only seems rational, so that 15 may spread over 9+ tiles.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »

I'm hoping there will be a distinction between high ROF, high damage, and AOE weapons, with guns possessing all 3 of these being ridiculously expensive.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2012, 08:52:10 pm »

ok im look in the xmls now, a crapy tabe is to follow.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2012, 09:02:06 pm »

Not sure how big asteroids get but after a bit of playing they seem to be large enough that we could covert them into to defense platforms, carve corridors through the inside of them, throw some guns in key place and reinforce the area around, and plop down some plating in the more vulnerable parts and voila you have a rock bristling with death.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2012, 09:06:27 pm »

the tabe

Rocks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
minerals

metal blocks

misc

canons

hand guns

armor

batterys

Cobalt Power Source and Light battery give a power recharge rate of 2, a Titanium Power Source gives 5
thrusters
power blocks
i fill in the rest later
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:12:01 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:24 pm »

Not sure how big asteroids get but after a bit of playing they seem to be large enough that we could covert them into to defense platforms, carve corridors through the inside of them, throw some guns in key place and reinforce the area around, and plop down some plating in the more vulnerable parts and voila you have a rock bristling with death.

Well unless you find a way to move guns more precisly than 90 degree, the ennemy ship will have to move straight in front of it, unless you make an internal system to artificially rotate the whole asteroid to allow more precise aiming.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »

Gun Controls dude.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 08, 2012, 09:20:28 pm »

Personally, I'd rather just strap rockets on the space rock and use it as a giant, almost - free missile.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2012, 02:46:55 am »

Gun Controls dude.
Oh sorry i still didnt play the game so i dont know the details, i was sure the gun were hardfixed, good to know it is not!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:31 am »

Personally, I'd rather just strap rockets on the space rock and use it as a giant, almost - free missile.

More like a giant shield, to allow some quick repairs in the heat of battle

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2012, 01:52:44 pm »

Gun Controls dude.
Oh sorry i still didnt play the game so i dont know the details, i was sure the gun were hardfixed, good to know it is not!
Never played, touting issues that you're so sure about.  Get out.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

Didn't we have this same discussion when this thread started?

I haven't played it but it has pixels so I'm going to assume it's like all games that I hate that have pixels and hate it with out playing.  These issues should be fixed and maybe it will be a good game.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:41 pm »

He didn't say anything about hating it. He was attempting to work out a problem with a limited understanding.

I also haven't played the game, despite wanting to - I won't have a system that can play it until after Christmas. But I've still been trying to tease out mechanics and speculate about things I want to try once I can.

I didn't feel like he was "touting" anything - chill, folks.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 09, 2012, 02:37:05 pm »

I agree that my post was a bit extreme, but it's because I hate people who take an opinion and treat it as fact.  Especially when that opinion is based on false information or no information at all.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 09, 2012, 02:42:54 pm »

I presume he was running off the answer to my earlier question about "ways to turn things", and people saying there wasn't. He wasn't "treating an opinion about fact" - he was bringing up a concern related to a previous (misunderstood) statement, and when his error was pointed out to him he apologized said he was glad that wasn't the case, then.

And then you guys started kicking him. I think "a bit extreme" is understating the case in this instance.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62