Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108592 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2012, 11:35:04 am »

Basic cockpit

Warning, large images

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is all made out of light titanium because I like the color and this is just a mockup. Also if anyone knows how to make doors better I would like to know because they just look ugly :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2012, 12:44:27 pm »

Annoyingly, my version seems to have the bug where beacons will double-save. Unfortunately, that means the beacons I placed on every asteroid I've visited are replicating at an exponential rate.

I also changed the reaction to turn heavy rocks into redium, because this game simply cannot handle values of over 255 for anything. Why limit to 8-bits?

I also want to suggest a shield generator. Basically, if powered, it generates un-minable blocks in an area possibly set be using the edit command. If these blocks are destroyed, it should take a short while for them to reappear, giving an attacker time to hit the ship.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2012, 12:48:36 pm »

Shield blocks should definitely be mined, but produce no drop.  Just destroyed with a drill.

Also I was gonna say something, but realized you were using the cheesy megamod pack.  It sounds like Equivalent Exchange in Minecraft - it's fun at first, but then you realize that your damage rating far outstrips any enemy and you can produce so much armor nothing can hurt you.  It becomes boring when Redium becomes common enough to build from.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2012, 12:49:54 pm »

I also want to suggest a shield generator. Basically, if powered, it generates un-minable blocks in an area possibly set be using the edit command. If these blocks are destroyed, it should take a short while for them to reappear, giving an attacker time to hit the ship.

Un mineable, transparent, and solids should pass through them. Like in FTL, if your enemy has shields too strong for you to pierce with your weapons, you can send a missile or boarding party to destroy them

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

Facekillz, I just took a look at the ship you posted. It looks EPIC. One question - how fast does it go? As the engine wire is exposed you'll want it to be quick. :)

Sorry, forgot to watch the thread.

With the 8 standard ion engines, it gets to full speed in less than 4 seconds.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »

Is there any way to remove those beacons from the savefile? The method in the OP requires Firefox, which I don't want to have to install.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2012, 02:18:21 pm »

Is there any way to remove those beacons from the savefile? The method in the OP requires Firefox, which I don't want to have to install.
Two ways to remove beacons in bulk: SQL editing, or move on to 1.0.5 and startover.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2012, 02:19:15 pm »

Facekillz, I just took a look at the ship you posted. It looks EPIC. One question - how fast does it go? As the engine wire is exposed you'll want it to be quick. :)

Sorry, forgot to watch the thread.

With the 8 standard ion engines, it gets to full speed in less than 4 seconds.

How quick is fullspeed? 30 units/s?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 04, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »

Quick question, what do cable blocks do? and also...

Space penis Ship is growing

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »

Cable blocks are required to connect power sources to things which require them, e.g. consoles, guns, engines. You better account for them in your design! :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 04, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »

Cable blocks transfer power, and cost 1 energy per block.  This lets you put large reactors in one location and run wires.  However, the cables are a solid block, and they have 1 durability, so they crumble under ANY fire.  Hiding them behind heavy hull will be essential to a warship.  The alternative is putting the power block at the source, with no wires.  This is more expensive, but more secure.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:36 pm »

They also have a mass of 1 so take that into account when using them.  Stupid symmetry.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:37 pm »

MY SMALL SHIP SO FARRRRR

A. The bridge. It's got a console in it. Maybe I'll add some chests. Console powered by Cobalt Source.

B. Horizontal turning engines, plus prime weapon mounting places.

C. Central Area, contains enough power to supply both B areas while also serving as the connective hub of doctor spaceship.

D. Power room, contains enough power for rear engines plus spare in case the middle power supply is knocked out.

E. Rear engines, these give the ship enough force to counter its heavy mass.

Still needs C and D finished, some z - axis engines, and then a coat of armor. Thoughts? :)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 04, 2012, 04:44:12 pm »

Your to close to a 'roid. That ships is part of that 'roid now, and will move the 'roid with it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

Your to close to a 'roid. That ships is part of that 'roid now, and will move the 'roid with it.
You sure? There looks to be a body marker in the centre of that ship.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62