Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108581 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2012, 04:23:41 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »

Well, I have a 22 ton small ship that so far satisfies me in all fields but maneouvring, so unless you're making a dreadnought, I don't think it's going to be 200 tons.

Also, had a fun moment when I realized that asteroids have a certain field that didn't allow my ship to take off, and it moved the asteroid instead :P

So~ does that mean you could hollow one out and turn it in to a ship?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »

Well, I have a 22 ton small ship that so far satisfies me in all fields but maneouvring, so unless you're making a dreadnought, I don't think it's going to be 200 tons.

Also, had a fun moment when I realized that asteroids have a certain field that didn't allow my ship to take off, and it moved the asteroid instead :P

So~ does that mean you could hollow one out and turn it in to a ship?

Yes, but good luck balancing your thrusters to make it move in a straight line.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »

Everyone's been talking about this the last two pages, pay attention man :P

The general consensus on how to weaponize an asteroid is to hollow out the core as little as you can, and then build a ship inside it.  It will go very slowly for the first fight, but once you get into a fight the enemy will spend all their time shooting through layers of dirt and ice before they hit your titanium, giving you a single or double use of disposable armor before you're left with scattered rocks and you need to clear the rubble away, and even then you're left with a regular ship of regular value.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

oh well I feel silly haha
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

Foot lock is done by getting close to an object.  It's... automatic and incredibly basic.

Whaaaat? I keep getting close to the asteroid that i'm mining, and I never get lock to it, I keep buzzing around it. I get a symbol in the corner with 2 feet and a surface, but noting happens.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

That is foot lock. If asteroid moves, you won't be left behind. If asteroid does not move, you are free to move about the non-existant cabin, with or without camera lock.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »

Facekillz, I just took a look at the ship you posted. It looks EPIC. One question - how fast does it go? As the engine wire is exposed you'll want it to be quick. :)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »

That is foot lock. If asteroid moves, you won't be left behind. If asteroid does not move, you are free to move about the non-existant cabin, with or without camera lock.

Oh, derp. I was hoping for something that would attach me to the surface and let me walk around on it, but yeah... HERP

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2012, 07:21:36 am »

Double post, I know... But what should I make my ship out of. I can get to everything, just don't know whats the best thing to use. Ideally cheap but protective.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:44 am »

Aluminium. Light blocks with a mass of 1 are the lightest. And what is there to protect your ship from? Purple missiles from those green jellies?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2012, 09:46:25 am »

Aluminium. Light blocks with a mass of 1 are the lightest. And what is there to protect your ship from? Purple missiles from those green jellies?

Well, for the eventual multiplayer this would be pretty important. Personally I think heavy redium for the front Medium/heavy Polonium for the sides,  titanium for the back. Maximize protection in areas that are going to be hit alot, while keeping it relativity light. But this is for super battle cruisers anyways, so maybe im juts being stupid :P

Also, I had a Idea for modular ship design, instead of using custom made ships like we have know, we can figure out some "Modules" and just snap them together for quick ships. It would probably be ugly and pretty hard to make work but if we did we can churn out tons of good fast ships.

Some modules I was thinking about would be
1.Power generation, probably the center of any ship
2. Cockpits
3. Gun control
4. Guns
5. Engines, though they would probably not be there own module, but just slapped on where its best to put them
6. Storage
7. Crafting

These are the basic parts of a spaceship, and most ships wont need storage or crafting anyways. Guns would have to be custom made based on the position and which gun( Spinal cannons would need different rooms than anti personnel, etc) But figuring out a basic moduel for all of these would make ship building a lot easier and quicker for the multiplayer.

EDIT: Is there a way to take screenshots?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:27:22 am by werty892 »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:59 am »

It's called Print Screen  8)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2012, 10:50:19 am »

It's called Print Screen  8)

Mind=blown

Pics of some modules coming in a bit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2012, 11:06:51 am »

Use Alt+Print to only take a picture of the active window, so you don't show off your embarrassing desktop as well.

I personally did mine out of Heavy Thulium-Iron corner posts, Heavy Titanium flanking that, and Light Titanium siding.  So the corners are reinforced more strongly and then power cables are nestled behind the protection.  I don't like to use Pomium or Redium for hull because that can usually be put to better use building items, and being Heavy Rock resources they're much more rare.  Let the cheap stuff get shot at.  I'd rather have Redium-powered engines and evade fire, than to have my expensive Redium be shot at.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62