Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108523 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2012, 01:25:42 am »

Having a slight problem.

Some of my blocks were turning invivible, so I went on the wiki and read that you could fix this by editing the XML modelPlacement tags to be whole numbers rather than #.5.
But now, some of my large thrusters are acting strange. They're models don't fit the amount of space they take up, so they look like they're not in the right place when they really are.
Using Chef Anons DarthNox Rebalance Repack v12, if that matters.
The edit the placement fix was for blocks being placed at odd angles and off sets, not for the blocks that don't render.  Just redownload the pack since you probably borked all the .5 values, not all of them are for placement of blocks (some are for the size of projectiles and placement of stuff that moves).

The way I fix the does not render bug is to either: 1) Save, exit, shut down game, start game again: Most things get fixed. 2) Ignore it.  The blocks are still there, and the only blocks that haven't loaded for me are parts of my mining array so I don't care that much.
I think I'll just keep playing is it is, but thanks for the advice.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:25 am »

That looks awesome Ivefan!
Looks like it can dish out some serious broadsides!

I can see a reactor though, is that just there so fighters can play Death Star?

What's the purple stuff in on the top?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2012, 04:56:39 am »

Well, Its not done yet, thus the exposed engines and reactors.
The purple stuff is anti-frigate guns, incase something is actually nimble enough to get past the heavy guns.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2012, 05:39:23 am »

That reminds me:
If we ever build (we will) a giant space station, we have to make sure there is a 2*2 corridor leading right to the reactor.
I don't know why, but it seems to be an important part of space station design.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2012, 10:21:41 am »

That reminds me:
If we ever build (we will) a giant space station, we have to make sure there is a 2*2 corridor leading right to the reactor.
I don't know why, but it seems to be an important part of space station design.

So people can break in and destroy the reactor? So a  space villain space station? With obvious self destruct buttons also?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 13, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »

So WE can destroy the station if the enemy ever takes it, obviously. You always want to leave yourself a backdoor.

We need to conceal it, though, so that they would have to steal our secret plans... err, so that only we could use it since we are the only ones who would know.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 13, 2012, 12:56:28 pm »

I'm hoping for remote control consoles. You know, have all the weapon and engine controls safely tucked away in an asteroid somewhere. That way if we ever do lose our big ass not-moon we can just laugh and turn the weapons the other way around completely vaporizing most of it :D

Also detachable and attachable objects, I want to make a giant space zord that fires death out of it's every orifice and extremity but can also neatly fold into several compact ships for general death dealing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 13, 2012, 02:07:09 pm »

I think remote consoles would be bad, it would basically turn the game into drone-wars.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 13, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »

I think remote consoles would be bad, it would basically turn the game into drone-wars.
Not really, manned craft have many advantages.
Like being able to be repaired.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »

Not really, manned craft have many advantages.
Like being able to be repaired.

Drones also have no boarding defense. You can conquer the ship and manually remove it's power (via drill), and then remove and replace the engines & weapons. Voila, the ship is now yours at almost zero cost.

Equally, with regards to the space - station, you don't really want to spend lots of time and money on constructing it only to blow it up when it gets taken over. Hence, you'll want to man it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:20:27 pm by Korbac »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:53 pm »

You can balance them by having a limited range, or a small number of assignable objects.

Also, we don't need to destroy it, just find a way to keep a very large number of aliens contained within it, to be released on our command. Or you know, have multiple stations because we can :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 13, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »

I think remote control receivers would be awesome. We can have nine available channels, and anyone sending out a trigger message on one of those channels triggers all of those consoles that are in range. ;)

To make drones fun, all you need to do is NOT have perfectly magical encryption technology. Even with a hundred channels instead, the risk of your drones getting hacked would make it fun.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:37:19 pm by GlyphGryph »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Drones getting hacked would be a bit like a gambler's roulette. I'm not sure if I like that, but it would definitely provide incentive to man your ships. :)

Also, teleporters. Linked or co-ordinate based. MAKE IT HAPPEN. :D

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 13, 2012, 03:04:16 pm »

I think it could work pretty well.
Because unless they knew your exact layout, then they'd be able to interfere at best. But with careful research or capturing a drone, they could learn your channel and controls.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2012, 03:10:35 pm »

What if they introduced a radio delay on drone control?
So you had to be kinda near the drone for it to be effective.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62