Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108556 times)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2012, 05:14:13 pm »

It's a good ship. The only problem I see is that weak middle part, there. Blast that out, and, well. It's curtains.
Maybe reinforce that part? But yeah, looks like a damn good command ship. Perhaps leave an empty room or two for computers/comms equipment, if they're ever added?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »

Why would it be curtains?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »

Guns are at the front, engines at the back. Power presumably runs from one end to the other. Having a ship without engines or guns makes it a little bit useless.
EDIT: And there's maneuvering thrusters too, which may be cut off.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 09, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »

well, as it is now you could remove the whole middle part, and the ship would still move together I think.
I did leave room for plating in the middle part, but as with other things, I am out of thulium. thulium plating requires much dust.
I am almost thinking that I should have used ponium instead.

I think there should be enough space for computers-communication. the front is still mostly empty, consoles being in a nook in the wall. or floor. or roof. kind of hard to define.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thulium means "top" and aluminium is "bottom" ( near consoles). it is useful to know which keys will do which action when I pilot.
I am thinking about carving 2 more rooms there., which will be filled depending on current mission. when acting as command ship, I guess one would be gun control for turrets, and one for communication and utility.

pre-edit: engines and weapons have separate power sources. the middle section is purely for walking from one end to the other.

not sure if I'll ever do that however, since I am using a civilian build.

edit: maneuvering thrusters, however , are a weakness. This ship isn't meant to be engaged in close combat.
not having to trade agility for safety is something I think I can solve in the next design of this class. which will have               retro-thrusters too. and smaller arms and several improvements.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:40:19 pm by andrea »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:35 pm »

Well, when MP comes out Please come out soon We should have a plan. Even though, as some guys said, plans don't last past the first charge. What i'm thinking is we meet up, and sink out time into a capital ship. Once we get a capital pimp Mobile we start branching out, first working or "Bricks with guns" Like my ship and some of the others, Then, some large, then very small ships. Also, we should constantly be moving outwards. I don't know how spawning will be handled, whether it will be everyone starting on 1 asteroid, or everyone dumped on random 'roids. But we should keep moving away from people. Eventually, we Make a command center, and mining ships, and expand our production, expand out fleet. Then... well you know what they say, War never Changes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »

I'm hoping we get some sort of ship-based mining with multiplayer, so we can bore into the asteroids wholesale.  Even if it's slow and energy-hungry, gathering like 1 block per second and requires 100 energy to power, then we'll still mount dozens onto a ship and go harvesting.  If that's in, then standard procedure will be to consume whole asteroids before moving on.  Just consume the whole thing, entirely.  Sort out the minerals later.

I see the first server of Bay12 being makeshift.  We'll have one massive ship that we use as our mobile base, then create smaller ships kind of as offshoots.  The Dwarven Way is not to run to the edge of space to build up, it's to hurtle ourselves right into the thick of it.  The mining base-ship will be a dreadnought.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 09, 2012, 08:22:06 pm »

I'm going to take a break from Corneroids for awhile but here's a screen of my current project.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07:02 pm »

Because it would break apart, and lose most of its mobility. As it is now, that's probably not an issue, but later on when they add proper breakage, well...

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 10, 2012, 12:59:22 am »

I imagine the dwarven way would be a standard, albeit modified dreadnought/carrier as a command base, with dozens of private ships built personally by players that run out doing their own thing, and banding together when a big threat comes along.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 10, 2012, 01:07:45 am »

I would just like to state that the 'Dwarven Way' would probably run more along the lines of massive asteroid redoubts left in our wake, ready to be staffed in the case of attack. Plus, you know, massive ships and ostentatious decoration.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:02 am »

We wouldn't leave asteroid-ships laying around for anyone to grab!  That's like giving the enemy a weapon!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:08 am »

I'm hoping we get some sort of ship-based mining with multiplayer, so we can bore into the asteroids wholesale.  Even if it's slow and energy-hungry, gathering like 1 block per second and requires 100 energy to power, then we'll still mount dozens onto a ship and go harvesting.  If that's in, then standard procedure will be to consume whole asteroids before moving on.  Just consume the whole thing, entirely.  Sort out the minerals later.

I see the first server of Bay12 being makeshift.  We'll have one massive ship that we use as our mobile base, then create smaller ships kind of as offshoots.  The Dwarven Way is not to run to the edge of space to build up, it's to hurtle ourselves right into the thick of it.  The mining base-ship will be a dreadnought.

Well, the dwarven way is not the smart way. Think about it. If everyone starts in 1 place, it will be Haven and Hearth in space. People will kill you if you have anything of value, much less a ship. We should go to the edge of space, simply because it wont be a super deathmatch there.Once we are built up, we head into the center to... ahem, Domesticate people

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 10, 2012, 09:38:34 am »

If it spawns you randomly, then I imagine we'll quickly use some sort of tool to find our position and fly towards each other.  Minecraft's F3, sort of thing.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:41 am »

The only dwarven objective its to mine the universe into the nothingness while producing rock mugs with the resources collected. Once te entire mass of the universe is mugs theyll all reach valhalla.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:06 am »

The only dwarven objective its to mine the universe into the nothingness while producing rock mugs with the resources collected. Once te entire mass of the universe is mugs theyll all reach valhalla.
Space mug shotgun
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62