Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108663 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #435 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:17 pm »

Made a small discovery, even when your center of mass is way off, if you tap the throttle fast instead of keeping it pressed it will not deviate.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:44 pm »

Thanks guys for all the suggestions! And the not hate :P

Right now Im just screwing around until MP. The ship cant fly, but yeah, the ugly blocky design is very nice. Looks menacing. Imagine 10 of those that actually could fly bearing down on you... yeah.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 05, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »

Then it's settled.  The first order of business during multiplayer will be engine science!  We'll make large testing grids to fly ships and measure movement and reach conclusions.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:40 pm »

Then it's settled.  The first order of business during multiplayer will be engine science!  We'll make large testing grids to fly ships and measure movement and reach conclusions.

The first order of business will be finding a server, then getting tools, then WINNING THE GAME!!!

!!SCIENCE!! Is in there somewhere.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 05, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »

This will be dwarven science.  We don't do math on weapon power.  We use live fire.

I'm imagining the engine testing range being a 20km long sheet of aluminum, marked with different color blocks in places to show distance increments.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:01 pm »

so, I finally managed to get enough stuff to build my first spaceship! decently fast, steers decently too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

all the engines you see are powerful hydrogen thrusters. the engine room is that big because I hoped to just upgrade the ship later, instead of building a new one. so, I thought I should keep some spare space for extra power.

turns out it has a couple annoying design flaws, so I might have to rebuild it anyway.

oh, well. at worst, a 100 ton ship could make a nice ram :D

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

andrea, really good job for the first ship! :D

*drumroll*

Korbac Shipyards are proud to announce another ship - a corvette this time - the STARBOUND!

A. Armoured Command room, where all the commanding goes on! Also useable as a storage space for your cargo missions.

B. 'Wings', each equipped with a Powerful Hydrogen Thruster plus two Assault Cannons to deter attackers on your precious cargo!

C. Say bye - bye to Pirates with this classy Heavy Assault Cannon, operated by the pilot!

D. Four P.H.T. on the back provide the Starbound with sufficient energy to move it's bulk through space.

With it's sturdy armour, ample space and capable anti - pirate mechanisms, the Starbound is THE small cargo ship of choice in today's galaxy. Choose well. Choose Starbound.

Bob's Notes : Yeah, this thing will move your cargo. It's got guns and it's got armour and it 'only' take five people to crew fully. But you're a massive target for pirates, and your guns don't do jack if they come up on your rear. Your turning speed can only be described as something akin to that of an encumbered slug and your armour, while usually two layers thick and heavy, has weak points. Oh, and it's also aluminium. The redundant power supplies are nice, and the ship is affordable, but these days you can do better. Oh, and what idiot designed it so that the power plants are directly in front of the engines?! I don't want to go out into space in the middle of a raging battle to fix my escape mechanism.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:59:35 pm by Korbac »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:58 pm »

andrea, really good job for the first ship! :D

*drumroll*

Korbac Shipyards are proud to announce another ship - a corvette this time - the STARBOUND!

A. Armoured Command room, where all the commanding goes on! Also useable as a storage space for your cargo missions.

B. 'Wings', each equipped with a Powerful Hydrogen Thruster plus two Assault Cannons to deter attackers on your precious cargo!

C. Say bye - bye to Pirates with this classy Heavy Assault Cannon, operated by the pilot!

D. Four P.H.T. on the back provide the Starbound with sufficient energy to move it's bulk through space.

With it's sturdy armour, ample space and capable anti - pirate mechanisms, the Starbound is THE small cargo ship of choice in today's galaxy. Choose well. Choose Starbound.

Except for it can be raided by anyone with a Gnat fighter :P Or just anyone with a gun really. Boarding is gonna be REALLY overpowered. It takes less than 30 seconds to drill(Or shoot) through hull and disable systems.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »

I see the first non-crafting mod is going to be making armor more durable against drills.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

Edited for notes.

NOW, THE WASP FIGHTER! :D

EDIT : On the drill issue - this may be if you GET to the ship, but you are going to be mauled by cannon fire on the way there and even then if the enemy crew is more prepared / numerous than you, you will lose. And then there's Girlinhat's dedicated AP cannons to deal with. :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:36:35 pm by Korbac »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2012, 09:07:49 pm »

A early space age temple to Armok, not ment for battle it transports the priests of the blood good. Its only defense are 2 anti personal lasers that shoot from the eyes of the god.

Its just a quick sketch done without mods, everytime i go inside to offer a sacrifice i findout a purple deamon on the gods beard, wich is not cool.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2012, 09:11:24 pm »

A early space age temple to Armok, not ment for battle it transports the priests of the blood good. Its only defense are 2 anti personal lasers that shoot from the eyes of the god.

Its just a quick sketch done without mods, everytime i go inside to offer a sacrifice i findout a purple deamon on the gods beard, wich is not cool.

Pretty awesome :D But it needs...

MORE GUNS FOR THE GUN BLOOD GOD

AMMUNITION FOR THE AMMO THRONE!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 05, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »

A early space age temple to Armok, not ment for battle it transports the priests of the blood good.
First Impression: You're doing it wrong in that case.

Second Impression: A good start, but it obviously needs a bit of improvement.  I like how you did some of the window-hole-things but the blockiness of the engines is a bit of a turnoff there.

Third Impression: Demons in the beard is highly appropriate.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 05, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »

Space bike anyone? (Based off a ship I saw in a /vg/ thread)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:29:20 pm by Peewee »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 05, 2012, 09:29:07 pm »

ukelele : my god that is amazing. a grand design - perhaps the basis of our flagship? :D

peewee : nice bike! XD
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62