Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108567 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2012, 11:36:36 am »

My reaction to deep-asteroid mining:

*Digging along* "Oh hey, titanium ore!" *digs towards ore* "Oh shi-! Purple thing!" *blam-blam-blam* "Godammit, I shot the titanium ore!"

Fun stuff. Managed to get a semi-flyable ship on the second try.

I like the idea of a flyable asteroid ship. Since the game treats ships and asteroids as technically the same thing, it should be possible. Cheap armor, plenty of room, huge mass. Plus, if you dig out the insides, you can use the rock to build armor on the outside. Plus, ramming with an asteroid.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:04 am »

My reaction to deep-asteroid mining:

*Digging along* "Oh hey, titanium ore!" *digs towards ore* "Oh shi-! Purple thing!" *blam-blam-blam* "Godammit, I shot the titanium ore!"

Fun stuff. Managed to get a semi-flyable ship on the second try.

I like the idea of a flyable asteroid ship. Since the game treats ships and asteroids as technically the same thing, it should be possible. Cheap armor, plenty of room, huge mass. Plus, if you dig out the insides, you can use the rock to build armor on the outside. Plus, ramming with an asteroid.

Oh, so they've armed an asteroid have they? Ready the Spinal Cannons!

*after a long battle*

Finally, we're just about to crack the asteroid in half!

*Giant ship flies out of the middle of the asteroid*

O_O

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2012, 11:52:28 am »

Only one? If giant robots can tell us anything, it's that setting spaceships up with a Russian Doll like recursion of spaceships is awesome.

Also I guess physical weapons (Things like missiles/torpedoes, slugs, all that) would be interesting too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:30 pm »

Hey, been playing this game, and have a couple of questions.

1. How do I lock my feet to something, i'm tiered of disorientation.

2. Where do I get the latest version of the Chef anon or darthnox itemset, whatever its called?

3.Where can I find the crafting list?

Thanks guys for your help.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

1. You can't, but you can lock camera once in a gravity field. In the options.
2. 4chan, /vg/ board. Look for Corneroids General, ctrl+f what you're looking for. Chef Anon is a repack with interesting additions, DN+ adds a bunch of stuff but its hardly as vital as their OP says it is.
3. Wiki, or just look at the crafting places if you're using the new version.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35:49 pm »

I'm just starting to design my first, uhh, frigate? Is that the smallest non - fighter size?

Already it looks like that it's going to cost about 5 - 10x that of the fighter, armour factored in. I don't see how this is going to be cost effective. :P

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »

Titanium is pretty easy to get, and every bar of it makes 6 light blocks.
My main ship is a few pages back, if you're interested.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »

I can't see it, sadly. :(

Everyone post your ships if you've done any! :) I want to see what they're like. :)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17:44 pm »

Yes, better drills do mine faster, and mine tougher materials as well.  Your gun is also a good way of clearing out dirt.

So!  It would appear that unmanned drones cannot be.  Probably.  Is it possible to get close enough to use a console without getting a foot-lock?
Not knowing how to foot lock, I started using my first open-cockpit ship. I automatically locked into the console while using it. When I got out of the console, I rapidly lost track of my ship as it flew away at 20 meters a second without my control over it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

Foot lock is done by getting close to an object.  It's... automatic and incredibly basic.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

45 Tons so far on my frigate. Probably going to be around ~200 when it's done.

That's not TOOOO heavy, I suppose. :P

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2012, 02:44:23 pm »

Well, I have a 22 ton small ship that so far satisfies me in all fields but maneouvring, so unless you're making a dreadnought, I don't think it's going to be 200 tons.

Also, had a fun moment when I realized that asteroids have a certain field that didn't allow my ship to take off, and it moved the asteroid instead :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2012, 02:49:47 pm »

Am debating making a picture guide to go from "how does moved self?" to "Noobs don't know 'bout my antimatter railguns."

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »

Go for it. I'm still too big pussy to even think about placing a cannon on my shuittle.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2012, 03:24:10 pm »

Well, I have a 22 ton small ship that so far satisfies me in all fields but maneouvring, so unless you're making a dreadnought, I don't think it's going to be 200 tons.

Also, had a fun moment when I realized that asteroids have a certain field that didn't allow my ship to take off, and it moved the asteroid instead :P

79 tons and climbing. I still haven't put the power plant room in yet or armor the whole thing.

Well, turns out I can put the power plants in the center of the ship. Not sure how I feel about that. Angular turning is a bit slow, admittedly - may have to replace those thrusters. It works though. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:35:48 pm by Korbac »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62