Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108522 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2012, 06:23:04 pm »

Wait, so I'll have to start a new game to advance? Damn

Yep. Sorry about that.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but it's oh so worth it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »

Wait, so I'll have to start a new game to advance? Damn

To be fair we have over fifteen pages with atleast one per page detailing you need Darthnox to advance.

On another note if we're going to be a bay12 clan then we need ship designs to fit the role for each class.

Light: Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber.
Medium: Frigate, Corvette, Support cruiser
Heavy: Cruiser, Dreadnought.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2012, 07:33:32 pm »

Good news, everyone!
It seems that the developer has been active recently, and has released an updated version of his game.

The bad news is that the modded stuff is currently incompatible with this new version. Oh my, yes. But not to worry, the modders are at work creating a stable mod.

http://www.corneroids.com/

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »

Out of curiosity, Why doesnt what's his face just include the DarthNox pack as part of the game? It adds all you really need to utilize the best stuff, and it would really save him alot of time.

Oh, and you should update the OP.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:45:19 pm by Facekillz058 »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »

This looks amazing. Getting tomorrow. While it's a while off, I'm really looking forward to ship - vs. - asteroid base battles.

"The Pirate Base gave as good as it got, even punching a hole in the hull of our massive dreadnaught. So we changed tack. We charged the massive laser and, instead of attacking the shielded Pirate positions, simply blew up the asteroid. BOOM! No more Pirates."

EDIT : The point raised about auto - mining and such should be done too, I feel. :) Saving your template and then perhaps commanding your army of 'drones' or whatever to quickly (re)build your ships would be amazing. If they could pilot the simpler ones, even better. :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:12:05 pm by Korbac »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »

I don't know... I feel like that would take a lot of the potential fun away from it. A group of players working together should be able to build even a decently sized ship in not to much time, and it would really give meaning to potential conflict to have that sort of investment. It would be neat to come up with some sort of assembly line process for making ships as well - not only who has the most people and resources, but who has the best approach to construction. Making simpler ships means you can have your team build them more quickly and more reliably, and we get the fun of more complex ships missing an important piece... ;)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2012, 08:41:10 pm »

"Ahh, finally finished! Good job lads!"
"Sir, we have this Corundium Power Baseplate left over..."
"There's ALWAYS a part left over! Don't worry!"

;)

You bring up some valid points, GlyphGryph. I guess I don't want to lose my uber XL giant battleswarm ship that took three days to build just because I'm a poor pilot (which is bound to happen).

I'm really wondering how combat will go. Due to the way ships handle, just shooting off one engine and / or the camera could cause devastating results. I wonder if you could build an escape pod type structure inside the ship. Then, if you get severely damaged, you could escape using that, keeping all your collected resources and having a core to build off. :)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »

Man, I just finished the docking area, and started the first engineering space on the station.  I'll wait to build a new one until MP is out (and we have a stable server).

I don't know why but in every game with construction and MP I end up building the hub.  Either it's a train station (with me laying most of the rails), a small village, a massive communal power plant, or something that brings 90% of the other players to gather around my location.  I do it on purpose, of course.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »

Something that could be done for automated ship-building is making a big box frame to act as a shipyard.

Make a "blueprint" for a ship design, and put it into a "shipyard console" block attached to the shipyard. Put items into containers attached to the ship yard, and the shipyard will try to build the ship over time using items from its inventory.

You can't make ships out of a stronger material than the shipyard is made from.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:50 am »

Something that could be done for automated ship-building is making a big box frame to act as a shipyard.

Make a "blueprint" for a ship design, and put it into a "shipyard console" block attached to the shipyard. Put items into containers attached to the ship yard, and the shipyard will try to build the ship over time using items from its inventory.

You can't make ships out of a stronger material than the shipyard is made from.

This. I like this idea. It would make the fact that we will need a constant barrage of STDs a pushover.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2012, 07:47:04 am »

In which case you could label your shipyard as a womb and make your mineral miners into giant phallus, which dock with the shipyard and eject their goods.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2012, 08:51:58 am »

In which case you could label your shipyard as a womb and make your mineral miners into giant phallus, which dock with the shipyard and eject their goods.

"Hey Jim.
What?
Are those flying penises fucking that space station!?
Let's get out of here!"

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2012, 08:53:38 am »

Anyone knows of a way to share our savefiles? Whats the point in building, in space no one can hear you or see your stuff.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2012, 12:17:31 pm »

Automated defenses are certainly a must if this game is to have large-scale multiplayer at any point.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 62