Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most powerful possible vanillia character.  (Read 4995 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Most powerful possible vanillia character.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »

You might even consider not using plate armor at all, as it's very heavy, but probably your adventurer will be strong enough that he won't be slowed down too much by the weight.

Technically, if you want the best possible protection for a vanilla adventurer, you should just wield 10 or so shields.  Use the lightest material possible, as all shields block equally well.
Higher levels of Armor User make equipped armor weigh less, and Legendary skill makes it completely weightless. Shields don't count as armor, though, so light materials are definitely better in that case.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:42:33 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:32 am »

You might even consider not using plate armor at all, as it's very heavy, but probably your adventurer will be strong enough that he won't be slowed down too much by the weight.

Technically, if you want the best possible protection for a vanilla adventurer, you should just wield 10 or so shields.  Use the lightest material possible, as all shields block equally well.
Higher levels of Armor User make equipped armor weigh less, and Legendary skill makes it completely weightless. Shields don't count as armor, though, so light materials are definitely better in that case.
I knew that armor user removed the speed penalty from wearing armor, but I had thought there was a penalty on top of the added weight from just carrying the armor.  It appears that you are correct and armor user reduces the effective weight of armor you are wearing, and there does not seem to be any speed penalty from wearing armor instead of just carrying it.  To the contrary - if you have high armor user skill you will move faster if you are wearing armor rather than carrying it.  I have not tested this carefully, so I cannot confirm the details of what is going on, but it appears consistent with Quietust's statement.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »

Do not forget the crippling flaw of vampires, they are stat locked, their physical attributes CAN'T go up, so you might wanna hold off on that till you are stronger, and THEN become an invincible death machine.

Aren't Necromancers too?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »

I personally think it is far better than Zombification, as you can still have normal conversations with people.

As necro you are not zombiefied and you can still have conversations.

Do not forget the crippling flaw of vampires, they are stat locked, their physical attributes CAN'T go up, so you might wanna hold off on that till you are stronger, and THEN become an invincible death machine.

Aren't Necromancers too?

No, they aren't.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »

The best has to be a necro though. You cannot die...

Lemme stop you there. Yes, you CAN (and probably will) die. Just not from thirst, hunger or old age.

But a dragon can still bite you half.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 06:03:20 pm »

I had a ninja who couldn't use his fingers (the ones left).  he would run around sneaking and toss weapons all day.  I prefer the halbred or spear for a weapon, but. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »

the most powerful possible vanilla character would be a dwarven vampire necromancer
superdrawven in all grindable non-weapon stats that do anything in adventure mode , and legendary+5 in all skills that can be increased by grinding in adventure mode; before he drank vampire blood, he grinded all of his physical attributes to the skill cap
his weapons would be an artifact large candy cane dagger, an artifact candy cane spear, an artifact candy cane mining pick , and he would always carry around some other candy cane artifact edge weapons and circus tent artifact weapons to throw around, which he can do because he has superdwarven strength
this guy would of course be wearing what according to the DF wiki would be the best armor, including foreign stuff and it'd all be artifact quality and he would have legendary+5 mining, knifedwarf, and speardwarf skill
the mining pick is for making limbs fly, the knife is for killing bronze collosi and humanoids/small creatures whose limbs won't fly, and the spear is ofc for large creatures, such as zombie giant sperm whales

or even better, you could just have a naked kolbold with a copper xbow and some Xcopper boltXs
Pages: 1 [2]