Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Castle in the Darkness Prologue(It's a demo!)  (Read 1027 times)

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Castle in the Darkness Prologue(It's a demo!)
« on: October 24, 2012, 02:27:38 am »

Castle in the Darkness is going to be a retro action platformer absolutely filled with secrets and references.According to the website, it is "inspired by games like Castlevania, Megaman, Kirby, Metroid, Zelda, I Wanna Be The Guy, Ys and a lot more!"  The website is here. The game is not out yet, the release is aimed for mid or late 2013 and the price point is aimed to be 2-5 USD. The developer's blog which is just about the game thus far is here and his twitter is @MattKap1

The demo-prologue-thing is available at the website and is apparently only about ten, fifteen minutes long. And then you realize how many secrets there are and it becomes about ten times longer as you realize there is an absurd number of secrets for a demo to see how the aesthetics and game mechanics work, including an entire hardcore-mode secret level.

I've played a bit of myself and asked the dev some questions and it seems fun, and he seems nice enough and willing to respond(he added full control customization at the prompting of me and another), so I'd definitely say to get behind this(it's on Greenlight). I know at least I'm going to buy this when it comes out, so what're your thoughts?

Word of warning if you play the demo - it has gamepad support, and it says you should use a gamepad, but it uses d-pad, not thumbsticks.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!