Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Towers!  (Read 3391 times)

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 06:24:08 pm »

Hrm. I'll leave it to it, then.

Only 5 zombies showed up, but they raised the corpses of 20 badgers I had my swordsdwarf kill.  My swordsdwarf killed 10 zombies before he was bit and got a fractured foot. He managed to limp back inside before being overwhelmed.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »

If you've got the space down, collapse your wagon floor it over, and build a wall for a plug. Then put your refuse and corpses down at z0.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »

I just setup a big refuse pile indoors.  My swordsdwarf killed the rest of the zombies once his foot got better, so now I'm digging down.  And I'll get that save up whenever it feels like uploading.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 08:03:21 pm »

Just make thousands of cage traps and seal up  your entrance with a looooong corridor then place all the cages their.. Should suit enough

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »

Here we go! Got it uploaded finally. Sorry for the wait; I wanted to upload the entire directory, .exe included, but I finally decided to just upload the save and direct downloaders toward TomiTapio's .11c version for Genesis.

Also, I'm not using traps.

Edit: Oh yes; the fort is in Autumn, no sieges yet, one dedicated military dwarf, and 2 migrant waves so far.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:24:12 pm by bdsorensen »

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:31 pm »

Awesome thanks.

I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:41 am »

Wow, what exactly did you do with your world gen to get so many towers, or is the world just really old? Regardless of that, this is pretty neat.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:15 am »

Here we go! Got it uploaded finally. Sorry for the wait; I wanted to upload the entire directory, .exe included, but I finally decided to just upload the save and direct downloaders toward TomiTapio's .11c version for Genesis.

Also, I'm not using traps.

Edit: Oh yes; the fort is in Autumn, no sieges yet, one dedicated military dwarf, and 2 migrant waves so far.
Thanks man this should be fun :D I love you

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:45 am »

I didn't use advanced parameters; just very large world, amount of megabeasts, sites, savagery, and civs. It may be the Genesis mod that does it, but I don't know for sure.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 04:59:37 pm »

Wow, what exactly did you do with your world gen to get so many towers, or is the world just really old? Regardless of that, this is pretty neat.
World is only in its hundred and twenties. I think the genesis mod might be what's doing it, as I've had something like this happen before with it, but I can't say for any certainty.

Nevertheless, 10 Necromancer Towers is certainly Fun.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »

Do I need to download the genesis mod?

I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:08 pm »

Yep; download link is in the description for the file. Just put the region1 save in the save location and it should work.  Also put what graphics set I used for the save, but I'm not sure that that matters.

Edit: Has anyone who downloaded the save noticed that no migrants are coming? I keep getting the 'No Migrants Have Been Attracted To Your Fort This Season' after the initial two waves.

Edit Edit: It may have something to do with how I've as of yet never had a caravan from the Homes. Each autumn I get a siege of some sort, so they can never actually get to me and leave to report how awesome my undead infested fort is.  Has someone experienced anything like that?

Edit Edit Oh God Edit: There are now 4 necromancers and 170 undead outside. By Armok...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:36:59 pm by bdsorensen »

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 07:27:30 am »

BURROW AND WAIT IT OUT IF THEY CAN LIVE FOREVER SO CAN YOU URIST NOW SIT IN YOUR ROOM AND WAIT FIVE THOUSAND CENTURIES

bdsorensen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:23 pm »

I guess I could just danger room 5 conscripts.... I have a small pool due to only having 19 dwarves. 2 of which are children.

That's right. The only answer to an undead invasion is to stab your own dwarves with sticks repeatedly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »

Is there any easy way to re-ASCII the graphics from a graphics-packed save? For those of us who use ASCII, there are issues with using graphic-packed saves.

On another note, what minerals setting did you generate on?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 [2] 3