Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: The Unicorn chronicles: Chapter 2  (Read 11643 times)

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
Re: The Unicorn chronicles: chapter one RTD
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:18 pm »

Walk up to the soldier I spared then stamp hard on his leg shattering it before roaring at him to tell us everything he knows, if he does not answer continue shattering limbs until he does.
You bring your foot down on his knee hard and you hear a loud crack followed by screams of pain, you roar at him reverting more to your animalistic behavior. You manage to get out "SPEAK!!!!!!!" He wimpers and you are about to bring your foot down on his other knee when he shouts in between sobs "I was sent by the Empire to collect the taxes" he whimpers some more but pulls himself together "They wouldn't pay all of it so we had... no choice ya' see... Please... just let me go...."

Talon sighed heavily at the waste of good dwarven craftsmanship. Well, maybe it was still recoverable? He went over to the rubble and attempted to move it aside to see if he could get at it; if it became apparent that he could not, he'd head over to where the elf and the mage were and follow them.
You take one look at it and realize THERE IS NO WAY you are going to be able to collect the armor, you then walk over towards the square at the fox-lady's request and get into a heated debate about Dwarves and Elves. The nerve of some women, calling you short, in the mines that statement would have caused a mass riot leading up to a full scale war in a matter of minutes.

Nárira interrupted the pair (Aristra and Sairi) rudely. Or as she called it 'asserting Elvishness'

"These soldiers did the killing-we were just defending ourselves! Humans are monsters, you know-not as bad as Dwarves-but still horrible. They are the only race which habitually slaughters it's own, but their population never seems any less...either way, we need to go-more of them are going to show up, and they'll not be happy someone fought back."

She looked up and down the road.

"My enhanced Elvish spatial senses tell me we should head North." Nárira lied blatantly. Her home was that way. She thought. "Go gather our motley band, Foxwoman, and let us be off." Nárira said, crossing her arms.

Action: Move imperiously North, rallying the rest of the group.
You call the others to follow you to the north, where you suspect your home forest is. You ponder shortly if the elve who was courting you meant to send you so far away... You decide to think of that another day and order the Kitsune to rally the others. You take a few more steps north, turn and wait for the others to follow.

Sairi listened with intrigue. Humans being evil? Hmm...she didn't completely trust the people around her - they didn't attack her on sight anyway - but still, Humans?

If she knew the lore of her race correctly, humans were the nearest benevolent neighbors they had, excluding all other races. This was really strange, but the Elf had a good point and now was not the time to quibble about allegiances. She could do that later, on the road.

"Yes, ma'am."

The Kitsune walked over to an open space and called out to any forces that were seemingly different than humans, and other humans who were killing their own kin - if any.

"We're moving out of here! Gather all your supplies and regroup at the Elf!"

Get a buckler and a light edged weapon from the scene of battle.
You grab one of the poor swords but you don't see a buckler or really anything laying around that could double as one. What a shame, why aren't these humans more battle ready? The Elve orders you to rally the others and you do just that. An argument between the Elve and Talon break out and you listen tentatively.

"North sounds appropriate, but I believe the large ones are preoccupied with the small ones," Aristarsta intoned, watching the Wargal and Troll's antics with curiosity.

Wait for the interrogation to fail finish.
You stand around and shuffle your feet around as the questioning continues. You wonder if north is the right way to head.

Ganhus ponders within himself as he listens to his companions(?) banter. One day Ganhus will return to his people and show them that the clever ways of tiny people can be worthwhile. They never believe him when he tells them stories of the flying ships he saw, they only laugh and bash his skull when they learn he can speak Humie. Well he'll show them. He will come bearing a great many gifts, and so many smashers that the war-chief will bow his head to me in penitence. One day soon….
You listen to the talk of the group but soon find yourself thinking of being war chief of the tribe, it could be possible if only you could get ahold of the air ships...
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2012, 11:17:47 pm »

(I'll just wait for everyone else to decide on an action before I post mine. In the meantime, RP. :P Also, glad you appreciate the work D and I put into this sort of thing, Tir, 'llama. ^^^)

"Really now, lass? Huh. Never heard o' that before. That why elves are so fond o' trees, they start dyin' when away from 'em?" Talon shook his head. "By Rakustlotol's beard, ye lot are flimsy indeed. Ye don't see dwarves pukin' their guts out just from bein' outside o' th' mines. After a few days ta adjust ta the bright-arse light and th' openness," he added, being that he had a somewhat honest streak in him. At least, honest as far as the truth was concerned. He was still a thieving bastard and he'd be the first to admit it. "Can't say I miss th' underground, but I sure as feck ain't too fond o' forests neither. Gimme a proper human city any day, with plenty o' rich bastards ta fleece." He considered for a moment. "Well, forests be all right as long as they be near a good ol' trade route, well traveled and that, with greedy fat merchants transportin' valuable rarities. Oh, I love a good highway robbery, so I do."

He leaned on a piece of rubble that was about chest height. "So what were ye up ta before ye wound up here? Proper lass and all that, schoolin' and whatnot?" he asked the elf. The wargal and the troll were still working over a soldier and he didn't have anywhere particular to be at the moment, and he was in a chatting mood.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »

"You're awfully nosy for a kidnapper." Nárira scoffed. "...But, I was testing the combustive properties of Mottled Dragon spit in the basement of my humble family tree-mansion.

It's quite sticky, like glue and a potent chemical accelerant-the Mottled Dragon sprays you with a wad of gooey expectorants, then applies a stream of sparks by agitating flint glands in the back of his throat to ignite the flame. An efficient way to burn prey alive, but without the force to char the body beyond 3rd degree burns, leaving the meat nicely cooked, able to be eaten on the spot. Amazing, right? The Dragon who donated it was so polite with my questions. Also he tried to eat me, but I don't hold it against him-I've been kidnapped four times before, twice by trolls (it was the same troll both times), once by a Green Ogre (who was quite charming), and once by a Mountain Dragon with a speech impediment (poor fellow needed to learn to stop stuttering). I mean, Elve and Human females are supposed to taste the most delicious to monsters, or so I've heard-why else would they kidnap us so much?

But I digress. I was experimenting, testing it for toxicity, when I felt a strange pulling sensation-like I was being yanked away by an oversized hand. It pulled me into a strange place, like a shadowy version of our own world-and next I remember, I was wandering into yonder inn, falling asleep not long after. I hoped it was a dream..."

She turned back to the Dwarf.

"What about you? Can you remember how you got to the Inn?"

Action: Practice Deep breathing exercises
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:55:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »

((I appreciate your work all the time, both of you. :P))

Sairi looked at the sword and touched its edges lightly, familiarizing herself with the sharper one and the blunt one, as well as trying to hold it in a 45 degree angle away from her body and corrected to fit her left hand - left-handed, she was.

While waiting for the rest, she practiced swordsplay to get the hang of swinging around a really sharp stick, even a token, temporary bonus would be of use.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2012, 12:25:25 am »

Pull his head off and tie it to your belted loincloth with scraps of cloth torn from the soldier's corpse, then take an arm to gnaw on and toss the corpse aside. To the others. Soldiers were collecting taxes, townspeople did not pay, they were slaughtered. Ganhus thinks that is a rather stupid way to ensure ample taxation. Dead Humies make no money. Perhaps Empire fools are merely sadists. Tell the others you're ready to head North.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:55:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2012, 12:29:54 am »

Soldiers were collecting taxes, townspeople did not pay, they were slaughtered. Ganhus thinks that is a rather stupid way to ensure ample taxation. Dead Humies make no money. Perhaps Empire fools are merely sadists.
"So is this why you were all here? ...Evading tax collection for lives?"

Before the man could reply, Sairi concluded. "I approve."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2012, 01:09:14 am »

"For feck's sake, lass, I'm not a kidnapper! How many times do I have to tell ye? Looking after some silly bint and hopin' her daddy coughs up th' dough is not worth th' trouble. Nevermind what happened ta me mate Kel, th' silly lass fell in love with him and didn't wanna go back. Right annoyin', that was. Had ta split ways with him two months ago, bleddin' buggers kept me awake nights and I was tired o' her daddy's guard's chasin' me. Feh." Talon spit on the ground to indicate his annoyance with Kel.

Nari had asked him if he remembered how he had gotten to the tavern. "Aye? Lemme think. Split ways with Kel, stabbed Kotol in th' back 'fore he could do th' same ta me. Still got some o' th' haul on me, but it's runnin' out. Let's see. How did I get here. I think I took a wrong turn at Duberque. I meant ta head east on ta Alderhame, but I was so feckin' drunk off me arse I think I went north instead. I'm pretty sure I outdrank th' troll last night on a bet, then I had th' weird dream about th' unicorn telling me tha' me of all feckin' people is gonna be a feckin' hero. Fine enough by me, be nice bein' a hero ta more than just half o' the dwarf population. Heroes get paid a lot, right? Nice treasure troves and all o' that, with the fancy feckin' magic weapons and armor forged by th' best dwarven smiths and a nice mansion with a bed what can sleep a man and seven women. Hell, thirteen women if they're all dwarves. Be livin' like a king, yeah? Be like that feckin' human afterlife, Valhalla or whatever, but with less fightin' and more feastin'."

He turned his attention back to Nari. "That's me and my plans, yeah? What about you? Plan on following up on this dream or you just gonna head home and go back to studyin' this... whatever th' bloody hell you were doing with dragons." Talon nodded to the kitsune. "And you, fox wench? You look a sight outta place. You end up here by some bloody magic accident too?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:40 am »

Check the soldier for anything valuable then head to where the rest of the group are gathering

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:14 am »

Talon nodded to the kitsune. "And you, fox wench? You look a sight outta place. You end up here by some bloody magic accident too?"

"I am no wench, sir Dwarf. I- actually recall nothing about my incidental appearance here, but-" Perhaps now I can tell them about my dream... "I had a dream from a Unicorn-being, unknown of which is its name. It spoke of the governing hand, the Empire and how it uses power as an affront for protection over its people who live under it. It also said it was up to I to unite the lands, scouring in the four cardinal directions for the Unicorn's allies for aid.

"To quote, 'They are the true rulers of this land and will rise only to protect that with which they rule if a true hero represents me. Speak of this dream to them and they will give you control of their armies to destroy the Empire!'"
Sairi finished, imitating the voice in her best accent while holding the sword up in a gallant way, emphasizing her point.

"My beginnings were in a void of white, and I heard her call instead of that who had created me, so I follow that voice. I suspect you also heard of the Unicorn, judging by...eavesdropping on your conversation?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2012, 08:55:13 am »

Check the soldier for anything valuable then head to where the rest of the group are gathering
((I took all his clothes and tossed them. He's naked.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:42 am »

((You assume a corpse is not valuable?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:53 am »

((You assume a corpse is not valuable?))
((….yeah..I do….))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:01 am »

"Aye, that's about th' size o' th' dream I had," Talon agreed. "So you got th' amnesia, then? Don't know where you're from?" he said with a shrug. Nothing more he could say to that. "And what of ye, troll? Ye had th' dream too? And what brought ye out to this place?" he asked, since the troll seemed to not be doing much to occupy himself. They could always talk to the wargal once he was done with the corpse.

(Also, finally decided on what Talon looks like: )
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:26:01 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »

Waiting on IRONY and serious
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »

(( Hey never know if you might have missed something little so it's worth a shot, not as if it costs me anything either way. ))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15