Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: The Unicorn chronicles: Chapter 2  (Read 11652 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Unicorn chronicles: chapter one RTD
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 12:01:12 am »

((Waitlist, if possible? Fun stuff goes on when I'm asleep. XD))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 12:13:19 am »

((@Sc: I pretty much did what I assume most people who do when faced with a type of people you've only ever heard bad things about-magnify every flaw to the level of blatant cliche and disregard any humanizing features.

In Nárira's defense, she's never actually met a Dwarf till right now. She's had a fairly sheltered life... :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 12:13:47 am »

….a huge bonus to what they are trying to achieve.  :D
((Is it safe to assume that failure will garner a punishment of like magnitude?))
Of course, if you are throwing someone up in the air and he/she botches the landing, well we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 04:04:53 am »

Aristarsta decided to do the sensible thing. If there weren't any people here when there was supposed to be, one should look further for them or the problems keeping them.

Go outside, look around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 06:15:59 pm »

(We all have our advantages and disadvantages, although I do find it funny no one was a human. I almost went for one myself but then I was like, 'eh, why be the middle ground? Can't melee as well as Gun/mesor, can't magic as well as IO/Dwar. Might as well take a more interesting choice.' Also, got ninja'd by the turn. :P)

Talon raised an eyebrow. The innkeeper, not here? Perhaps he could reclaim his gold from the till, then... if it was still there, of course.

Talon looks behind the counter for money. And anything else the innkeeper might be keeping back there.
You start walking over to the till when you see that damn elve sticking her nose up in the air like she is better than you. You belch as loudly as you can manage right as you pass by. You smile wickedly and when you get to the till you inspect the contents hoping to retrieve your gold but find it empty, the keeper must have made too much last night to keep at the inn.

Tuck my axe away after the elf tells me to calm down, then go to the till and check for money.
You stow the two handed weapon and rush over to where the dwarf is and shove him out of the way hoping to have a few extra coins clinking in your purse but alas there is nothing, not even dust.

Take stock of my inventory. Turn from the group and leave through the front of the inn. See if anyone is around.
Ganhus is eager to begin his journey.
You check your purse and find 15 gold tucked away inside, you pull the drawstrings tight and return it to the rope belt holding up the cloth you wear. You check over your wooden club that you made in your homeland before you became an outcast by your people. Seeing that you have all your personal effects you stand up and shoulder your massive club, you take two long strides to the door and push it open. The scene that unfolds before you is one of complete chaos, towns people are laying dead up and down the street, in the distance you see soldiers fighting a few of the locals, you take a stride towards them to help but they are cut down before you are even within range of yelling at them.

"Oh, bloody burning Hells. Where is the service around here?" Nárira says impatiently.

Nárira, suddenly gripped by gold panic, reached for the pouch on her belt...then she was going to find out what was going on here!

Action: Check my money purse, then look outside...

She saw one of the Dwarven Man Folk out of the corner of her eye-hardly more than a scowling dirty beard on two stumpy legs, crooked axes clumsily harnessed to his back, with a lopsided stare-stumbling toward the Bar, drooling and leering at her with a sick grin, showing rows of corroded yellow teeth. No doubt come to 'liberate' the alcohol from the till while it was unattended, the horrible creature. Even Elves waited till at least noon to get drunk.

Nárira did the properly snooty Elvish thing and stuck her nose in the air until he passed by. Even then, she got a whiff-he smelled like beef jerky and tree killing. Monster!

((@SC: Truly, ones perspective varies. :P ))
You send your nose to the sky as he passes by thinking how much better you are then him when the barbarian belches right in front of you! His breath is rancid from alcohol. You stand immediately and walk out the door as you thumb over your purse attached at your belt and estimate 15 gold is residing within. You look up from you gold paranoia and see destruction of which only the elder elves talked about.

Aristarsta decided to do the sensible thing. If there weren't any people here when there was supposed to be, one should look further for them or the problems keeping them.

Go outside, look around.
You walk out the door noiselessly and step around the elve and troll. What you see before you spikes your curiosity and you say to the two. "Are humans suppose to release that red liquid like that?"
-unknown

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 06:29:09 pm »

"Feh. Should've figured," Talon grumbled. Since nothing else was going on inside, he vaulted back over the counter and headed outside to see what was going on in town.

Talon goes outside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:51 pm »

Quickly approach the soldiers. Ganhus demands to know what is going on here! What right do you have to cut down innocents!? If they get frisky, wake up your Daemon and get his ass in gear. Subdue them immediately if they get within striking distance. In the event of combat, try to capture one by grabbing him in one hand.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »

I have decided to scrap my hit system because now that I think about it, it is terrible. Instead I will roll a 30 sided die and the rules to that are as follows: 1- You or a teammate are going to be hurt. 2-4 Miss, plain and simple. 5-29 You did what you were trying to do. 30 You achieve the hit plus get a bonus towards your critical roll.
-unknown

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »

I have decided to scrap my hit system because now that I think about it, it is terrible. Instead I will roll a 30 sided die and the rules to that are as follows: 1- You or a teammate are going to be hurt. 2-4 Miss, plain and simple. 5-29 You did what you were trying to do. 30 You achieve the hit plus get a bonus towards your critical roll.
((..those are some pretty good odds……….I'll take it!! :D))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 10:12:49 pm »

Walk outside and see what all the noise is about

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:47 am »

Nárira had never seen such...horror before. Her Elders had said...these things...would never happen again...Why were trained soldiers attacking civilians? This was not war. It was a massacre-these barbarians!

She motioned to her belt-calling a three pronged, quartz wand to her left hand, with a practiced telekinetic pull. They would pay for this...

Action: Target some Ice Attacks on the Soldiers
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 01:35:41 am »

"Curious," Arstarsta intoned in her melodious, slightly echoing voice. "I am not sure I understand the purpose of this."

Inspect nearby corpses.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »

Nárira had never seen such...horror before. Her Elders had said...these things...would never happen again...Why were trained soldiers attacking civilians? This was not war. It was a massacre-these barbarians!

She motioned to her belt-calling a three pronged, quartz wand to her left hand, with a practiced telekinetic pull. They would pay for this...

Action: Target some Ice Attacks on the Soldiers
You call upon the powers of your mind and the wand responds immediately jumping to your hand, you focus on a simple but effective ice spell, you feel the mana stir within you and you release the spell directly at the closest soldier. Shocked by the random attack he falls to the ground. [you deal 69 damage]

Quickly approach the soldiers. Ganhus demands to know what is going on here! What right do you have to cut down innocents!? If they get frisky, wake up your Daemon and get his ass in gear. Subdue them immediately if they get within striking distance. In the event of combat, try to capture one by grabbing him in one hand.
You begin to confront them when the pointy eared girl hits the one you planned on speaking to with a what appears to be ice. Seeming as an invitation the powers of hell awaken within you, the gates of Hades are ripped open inside of you and the firery demon you have come to know latches on to your very soul empowering you with the spirits of the damned. [-20 stamina] Two mighty strides is all it takes for you to close the gap, you bring your club down on a soldier helping his fallen comrade [72 damage] he goes flying and you quickly bring your club up on another soldier [81 damage] (1 more turn in demon rage mode)

"Curious," Arstarsta intoned in her melodious, slightly echoing voice. "I am not sure I understand the purpose of this."

Inspect nearby corpses.
You walk over to a group of bodies when you hear the sound of battle start up, you continue and check over the corpses and find a total of 23 gold on them. Other then this there is nothing else usable, they all seem to have  had a spear or sword ramed through them and the wounds are freely bleeding onto the coblestone street.

"Feh. Should've figured," Talon grumbled. Since nothing else was going on inside, he vaulted back over the counter and headed outside to see what was going on in town.

Talon goes outside.
You grumble to yourself and hop on a stool behind the counter and attempt to slide acroos it like a bad ass to show the man-bear up but you misjudge and fall off of the counter before you were ready and fall to the ground, you roll out of it and are back on your feet instantly but the wargal still laughs at you. You grumble some more and walk outside to find the troll and elve in combat with what looks like some Empire soldiers.

Walk outside and see what all the noise is about
The dwarf falls off the counter and you hackle the way your race does and continue so to the door. When you open it you find bodies littering the town and some of your new acquaintances in combat and the tall skinny one looking over a dead body. Curious indeed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:30:55 pm by mentallama »
-unknown

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »

Charge the nearest enemy soldier and cut him in half!!!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »

Seeing that the others were fighting, Talon decided now was an appropriate time to loot the bodies.

Talon loots the dead civilians, taking whatever the mage missed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15