Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: The Unicorn chronicles: Chapter 2  (Read 11620 times)

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
The Unicorn chronicles: Chapter 2
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:52:12 pm »

Welcome to the land of Velesian, a land which many call home. The monstrous Trolls to the north east, who reside in the great peaks of the Sevron Mountains. The wise but reclusive woodsmen known as Elven who have small tribes dotted throughout the expansive forests blanketing the land. The stout yet kingly Dwarves who make their homes deep within the Underground, mining feverishly in the hope they'll one day find the lost Houlds of their ancestors. The misunderstood Gnomes, who long ago possessed mighty walking fortresses in the northern planes, but have since been forced away due to enslavement by the Empire. The diplomatic Humans, a young but powerful species who own the very surface of the ocean. The fabled Magic Users who hide themselves away from the prying eyes of civilization in the desolate Sea of Sand. The Kitsune of the flat lands, or more commonly known 'foxfolk' who are adebt at magic but oddly have been reported to be weak against it. Lastly, the ferocious and hardy Wargals take refuge in the frost bitten mountains to the east, to which none but their own have ever dared to set foot upon.

This land, like many, has not always been a peaceful one. Before the Empire rose to power and established their dominance, all the known races were swept up in what is today known as the War of All. This so called "peace" has been fading fast ever since. The Empire is being tainted with the power they now wield. They have begun abusing this power, and the elders suspect they will soon destroy this beautiful land, and all it's life along with it. Unless a group of unlikely heroes band together and defeat the tryanny known as the Empire once and for all. This, is their story. This, is the Unicorn Chronicles....

Thanks to GUNINANRUNIN for making it prettier.

HERO'S WHO HAVE DREAMED
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HERO'S WHO ARE STILL DREAMING

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:45:53 pm by mentallama »
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
Re: The Unicorn chronicles: chapter one RTD
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

RULES
Leveling up

First you need to pick your race, gender, and a name.

RACE

Next pick your starting weapon type ((sword, axe....etc))
Or a magic type if your race allows. Light is focused on helping your team and can only be conjured by using mana, Blood magic uses health instead of mana and does massive damage, Elemental is a middle ground using both mana and health (if you pick this one pick an element, fire, water, wind...etc).

Then pick two skills/spells (these use stamina if you are not a magic wielder or mana if you are)
These are subject to change if they are too overpowered. pm me if you have questions.
They will level up along with you. The longer you have a skill/ability/spell the stronger it will be.
((For example, if you learn "SNEAK ATTACK" and you are level 7 your "SNEAK ATTACK" will only be level 1))
Skills are not the only attack you can preform, evey player has a basic type of attack.

Sometimes there will be instances where you will be able to recruit NPC's for fights, they won't follow you out of the city or town they live in however, unless there is a big battle approaching in which case they may follow you. Same races will relate better than others. ((For example a Human trying to get help from a Human will have a better chance than say a Troll.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:59:58 pm by mentallama »
-unknown

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

Name : Cocidius Mithras.
Race : Wargal.
Weapon : 2h broadaxe.
Skills :
Armor splitter ( Next attack ignores 25% of enemy armor, Can hit as many targets as are within range of his swing. ).
Cleaving charge. ( Cross huge distances in a split second and put his body's full momentum behind the swing of his blade as he reaches his target 25% damage boost. )

Is this ok?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:55:31 pm by mesor »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:03:18 pm »

Name: Aristarsta
Race: Magic User
Magic: Elemental
Skills:
Bloodfire Bolt: Sacrifices both health and mana to deal single target damage and leech health from the enemy.
Sigil of Healing: Heals a small amount, but very efficiently for its mana cost.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:58 pm »

Name: Ganhus-Leks
Race: Troll
Weapon: Wooden Chain Club (For Mid-Ranged attacks)
Skills: Speed Demon - Has had his soul fused with the essence of an actual Hell-spawn which allows him to move, attack, and even think much faster than normal, although invoking its power often leaves him somewhat drained. [Temporary Stat/Roll Buff - Drains Stamina]
Rabble Rouser - His rebellious nature has led him to be quite adept at starting actual rebellions, and he is particularly good at rallying followers to his cause. [Can more easily recruit followers and also start riots in settlements with a disgruntled populous]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:19:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »

I forgot to mention that as you level up your skills/abilities/spells will become stronger and sometimes gain additional effects.  :) Also sometimes there will be instances where you will be able to recruit NPC's for fights, they won't follow you out of the city or town they live in however.
All of this is in the rule section now  :D
-unknown

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »

Do we get to choose names?

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:42 pm »

oops, yes and be creative with it :D
-unknown

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 04:48:36 am »

How many players do we want for this?
Also, bump.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:10 am »

Name: Nárira Tanendonel
Race: Elven
Weapon:  Elemental/Ice

Skills:
Spell/Heart of Winter - Naria's icy magic sends the target into a cold, merciless rage, giving them increased staying power and strength at cost to their own welfare, and something of their sanity. Targets in this state will find it more difficult to think logically and rationally, and will feel inclined to obey their most base urges-be it protection or destruction. Once the spell wears off, the target will be in an exhausted and vulnerable state.
[Temporary Berserk Buff - Gives temporary HP, increases Attack and Damage. Targets are magically compelled to  seek out and satisfy their base emotional urges in combat to the exclusion of any overarching goal, be it destruction of an enemy, completion of a specific task, or even the protection of a loved one. Exhaustion penalties set in once the buff has worn off.]

Skill/Freeze the Flesh, Temper the Spirit - Naria can compel a crawling frost to quickly-and painfully-seal up a subjects wounds. This causes great pain, not only shocking them out of hostile effects, but also debilitating them for a time. The subject must hold still during the spell, making it difficult to use offensively.
[Powerful Emergency Heal, Removes Mental and Physical Debuffs-also stuns or debilitates the target. Much harder to use on a non-willing target. Elemental Resistance or defense lowers the benefits of heals and debuffs, but also lowers the stuns debilitating effects.]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:16:40 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:31:54 am »

How many players do we want for this?
Also, bump.
6 people to start and other players can join when you guys and gals are in a city/town.
-unknown

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:34:17 pm »

Name : Talon Ironspear
Race : Dwarf
Weapon : Dual-Wielded Battleaxes
Skills :
Whirling Strike (Talon hits every target near him, defined as those attacking him that turn/the previous turn and the one he attacked last turn)
Riposte (Talon can block an attack with one axe and retaliate with the other - basically he gains a defense bonus the turn he uses it and will automatically counter all incoming attacks, but at only half strength as he's attacking with only one axe instead of two)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:54:39 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 05:44:31 pm »

Alright starting the game in 3.....2.......1
-unknown

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

........You look around and you see white. There is no other way to describe what you see, there is nothing, yet the edges of what you see seem to waver, as though the endless white has an end. You look around scared when you hear a horse clopping along ahead of you. You can't see anything yet but you intentively take a step foward. The scene before you tears at the very seams of reality. You have the feeling of falling and you shut your eyes in horror preparing for the death the will soon come, but you never feel the impact. Tentively you open your eyes and see you are in the middle of a lush forest. You can see the outline of a horse but it is at the edge of your vision and can't make out any details of this creature. Slowly you begin rising to your feet when again a change occurs, now you are on an island with what appears to be a horse.. only it has a horn on it's head. You are baffled by this and stare in astonishment at what you can only assume to be the mythical Unicorn. It is just beyond the point of being able to make out details.
   A voice rolls through mind rattling your very being, but the voice is not harsh, it is very and soft. The only thought you can come up with is that it should belong to a heavenly body, you realize it does and quickly stop thinking and listen.
"Mortal you must listen closely. My name and what I am is of no importance right now. I bring grave news of the world you know. The Empire that claims to protect it's people has abused the power it wrongly took from this land. It is up to you to unite the lands and bring them to destroy this wretched evil. To do so you must find my four bretheren, they reside in the four directions, North, South, East, and West. They are the true rulers of this land and will rise only to protect that with which they rule if a true hero represents me. Speak of this dream to them and they will give you control of their armies to destroy the Empire!"

-unknown
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15