Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: The Unicorn chronicles: Chapter 2  (Read 11654 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Unicorn chronicles: chapter one RTD
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

Loot the bodies of the dead for everything of value then behead all but the ranking officer of the soldiers that were knocked out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:11:38 pm by mesor »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »

Nárira fumed.

What did her lessons say about Dwarves again?

Now, for todays discussion we will study Homo-fodiendi, commonly known as 'Dwarves'-despicable beasts...

...are known to be quite resistant to most magical effects and spells, even beneficial ones. Some theorize their dual livers produce a powerful anti-magic substance developed as defense against alcohol poisoning from generations of drunken revelry, the same that allows them to imbibe even the strongest magical brews and suffer little ill effect. I call this substance 'Stuntoglobin'

It explains their reliance on alcohol-since all creatures inherently require magic to exist, Dwarves must drink themselves into a constant stupor or face falling Stuntoglobin levels, resulting in what we term 'Tantrumitis'...

...which commonly ends in mass murde-blah blah blah blah...

How could one remember anything with so many distractions everywhere!

Nárira decided to concentrate and regain some of her power, trying to think.

Action: Meditate and regain Mana!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

Loot the bodies of the dead for everything of value then behead all but one of the soldiers that were knocked out.
Keep one of the soldiers as a prisoner and find something to tie him up with. Take away is gear and clothes first however.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

Examine the surrounding area.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2012, 05:56:46 pm »

Talon went about checking the guards to see if they had any equipment -bandages, potions, armor, weapons, etc. - or money he could relieve them of.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

Loot the bodies of the dead for everything of value then behead all but the ranking officer of the soldiers that were knocked out.
You look over the bodies and find a few sets of armor that won't fit you, a small knife, and a few swords litter the ground. Their coin purses yield 22 gold. (In your next action tell me what you take.) You quickly lope off the heads of all but one, you have achieved in making the ground bloodier.

Action: Meditate and regain Mana!
You sit down and concentrate feeling the mana recharge within you. (Mana fully restored)

Loot the bodies of the dead for everything of value then behead all but one of the soldiers that were knocked out.
Keep one of the soldiers as a prisoner and find something to tie him up with. Take away is gear and clothes first however.

You strip the remaining soldier's clothes and armor off, you then tear the clothes and bind him with the strips you made. (Why did you take his clothes off?)

Examine the surrounding area.
You look around the general area, the street you are on appears to be a main one through the city, a little ways north you see that there is a cross road, one leading north, east, south, and west. behind you are houses that have been reduced to nothing but rubble. The only other note worthy thing you pick out is a Kitsune lifting herself from the ground. You remember them from your studies at Magic school. You wonder why she is so far away from her home, they usually avoid other species other than themselves.

Talon went about checking the guards to see if they had any equipment -bandages, potions, armor, weapons, etc. - or money he could relieve them of.
You and Cocidius check over the bodies, You find sets of armor on all the soldiers, a few swords, and a knife. Checking their purses you are now a little richer, and I do stress little. 3 Gold added.

Sairi Reiko: ........You look around and you see white. There is no other way to describe what you see, there is nothing, yet the edges of what you see seem to waver, as though the endless white has an end. You look around scared when you hear a horse clopping along ahead of you. You can't see anything yet but you intentively take a step foward. The scene before you tears at the very seams of reality. You have the feeling of falling and you shut your eyes in horror preparing for the death the will soon come, but you never feel the impact. Tentively you open your eyes and see you are in the middle of a lush forest. You can see the outline of a horse but it is at the edge of your vision and can't make out any details of this creature. Slowly you begin rising to your feet when again a change occurs, now you are on an island with what appears to be a horse.. only it has a horn on it's head. You are baffled by this and stare in astonishment at what you can only assume to be the mythical Unicorn. It is just beyond the point of being able to make out details.
   A voice rolls through mind rattling your very being, but the voice is not harsh, it is very and soft. The only thought you can come up with is that it should belong to a heavenly body, you realize it does and quickly stop thinking and listen.
"Mortal you must listen closely. My name and what I am is of no importance right now. I bring grave news of the world you know. The Empire that claims to protect it's people has abused the power it wrongly took from this land. It is up to you to unite the lands and bring them to destroy this wretched evil. To do so you must find my four bretheren, they reside in the four directions, North, South, East, and West. They are the true rulers of this land and will rise only to protect that with which they rule if a true hero represents me. Speak of this dream to them and they will give you control of their armies to destroy the Empire!"

You wake from your dream and lift yourself off the ground, looking around you reveals a scene of absolute carnage. You witness a Wargall chopping off heads, a Troll stripping a man, a Dwarf looting the corpses of the dead, an elve sitting cross legged in the middle of the street, and a magic user looking about.

Nárira: Mana is full. [+48 Exp]

Talon: [+48 Exp]

Cocidius: [+48 Exp]

Ganhus-Leks: [+48 Exp]

Aristarsta: [+12 Exp]

SOLDIER 1: wakes up, sits in horror as he finds himself naked with a troll standing over him. Oh gods not again.
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »

Take all of the armor and swords apart from those Talon wants and also take the gold, place them within my pack ( Assuming I have a pack. )
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:57:11 pm by mesor »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

Talon put on a suit of armor if it would fit him, otherwise he just left those alone. He also took a pair of swords and went off a few feet on his own to appraise them and see if they were worth using and/or selling. If they wouldn't be more useful than his axes the Wargal could have them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:43:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »

Aristarsta approached the kitsune, curious.

"Greetings. You are far from home and seem less stabbed than the others."

Poke kitsune.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

Wake the guard up by breaking all the fingers on one of his hands. Once he's awake, ask him who he fights for, how many more of his allies are present in the area, and why they are attacking this town. Threaten to break more bones if he doesn't give me a straight answer. Pull one of the broken fingers off and eat it in front of him. Partially to scare him, mostly to see how it tastes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2012, 01:25:21 pm »

Poke kitsune.
[1] ((:P))

Sairi blinked.

She didn't know this tall woman, but due to the cowl, saw her as one of the Magi - her own personal term for the adepts in Magic. She was afraid, no doubt by what seemed to be the ruthlessness of her companions, but she also didn't remember how she had gotten here, at this precise location.

But if what that voice was saying was true - and a truth she didn't doubt - then she had to start here.

First impressions...please don't fail me.

"I was wondering that myself, eheh. Errm, it seems I'm in a battle?"

Great.

Remember how I got here, then introduce myself to the rest of the Magic User's companions.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

Action: Remain generally aloof
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2012, 06:13:32 pm »

Talon put on a suit of armor if it would fit him, otherwise he just left those alone. He also took a pair of swords and went off a few feet on his own to appraise them and see if they were worth using and/or selling. If they wouldn't be more useful than his axes the Wargal could have them.
You strip one of the soldiers of his leather armor and put it on, you tighten the straps. [+10 to defence] You swipe two of the swords and walk away and sit on a bench, you have full view of the small company, you are still not sure if you trust them. Besidesn no reason to leave your back to them anyways. Upon expection you realize that your current weapons are far superior, you also realize that they are poor quality, unbalanced and dull. You don't think you could give them away.

Take all of the armor and swords apart from those Talon wants and also take the gold, place them within my pack ( Assuming I have a pack. )
(You have a pack that holds 10 items, potions stack, weapons and other things don't) You take the leather armor and are about to pick up the swords but Talon complains about them and decide not to take them.

Wake the guard up by breaking all the fingers on one of his hands. Once he's awake, ask him who he fights for, how many more of his allies are present in the area, and why they are attacking this town. Threaten to break more bones if he doesn't give me a straight answer. Pull one of the broken fingers off and eat it in front of him. Partially to scare him, mostly to see how it tastes.
He has already woken but you continue on with your decided action. You take his hand and grumble soothingly, the soldier calms down a little. You set his hand on the ground, You raise your hand as if you are about to scratch your back but quickly bring it down on his hand and snap all the bones into dust. He brings his hand up but before he can comfort it you reach out and bend his thumb backwards so it touches his wrist. Blood is freely flowing from the wound. You snap his hand up and down tearing the thumb completly off and cram it into your mouth. You chew thoughtfully and decide that it would taste better slow roasted on a spit over a fire but overall it tasted good. [+1 to being gross] You Yell at him "Who do you work for!"

Aristarsta approached the kitsune, curious.

"Greetings. You are far from home and seem less stabbed than the others."

Poke kitsune.
You poke the Kitsune and she stirs and wakes up.

Poke kitsune.
[1] ((:P))

Sairi blinked.

She didn't know this tall woman, but due to the cowl, saw her as one of the Magi - her own personal term for the adepts in Magic. She was afraid, no doubt by what seemed to be the ruthlessness of her companions, but she also didn't remember how she had gotten here, at this precise location.

But if what that voice was saying was true - and a truth she didn't doubt - then she had to start here.

First impressions...please don't fail me.

"I was wondering that myself, eheh. Errm, it seems I'm in a battle?"

Great.

Remember how I got here, then introduce myself to the rest of the Magic User's companions.

You slowly arouse from your dream with a magi standing over you shoving her finger into you rather harshly. You sit up and look at her, then take in the sourounding area. You tilt your head side ways and one of your ears perk up. "What happened here?" You ask. Before anyone replies you think of how you got here but your mind is blank.

Action: Remain generally aloof
You stand around trying to seem important but lets face it you aren't right now. Coming to this realization you walk over to the Kitsune and Aristarsta.

SOLDIER 1
You scream in pain as a hulking monster eats your thumb! He screams at you and you fall defensively and say, "The E...E....Empire." You manage to get it out before slipping into a fit.

War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

Continue the interrogation. Find out why his army is attacking. Grab one of your slightly less speech impaired fellows (NOT literally) to help get the message across.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:09:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »

"Feh. What else would you expect from human blacksmithing," Talon sneered as he chucked the worthless swords aside. He then turned his attention to the kitsune. "And where did you come from, lass?" he asked.

In addition to the above, Talon looks around for any further threats - or preferably, things that he can loot like crates or shops.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15