Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557410 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8970 on: February 21, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

Sure! Power is good!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: February 21, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »

Mark goes and gets into the beat then breaks out more dance move for this Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: February 22, 2014, 03:42:32 am »

Carefully descend the stairs.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: February 22, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund, guessing that his buddy Morton is probably beyond his ability to find at the moment, closes his eyes and rolls in a random direction for a while. After a while, he does find somebody - looks like Art! He appears to be skulking down the street, glancing around himself carefully and nervously. Sigmund wonders what the problem might be.

[Sigmund's dodge roll: 6-1-1]

Just then, he senses a shift of the wind - the sound is unmistakably of something descending on him, he believes, and so immediately rolls aside - good thing, too, as his previous position seems to immediately get covered with some kind of semi-transparent... bag of liquid? It's a very strange-looking thing, and seems to be moving of its own volition - something tells Sigmund its intentions aren't entirely good-natured.

Elsewhere, Mark continues with his quest to prove himself once and for all as the single best dancer in all the multiverse one danceoff at a time. Getting into the new beat, he and his dolphin dance partner whirl around, each hoping to upstage the other in their tango.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. Largo: 5 vs. 4]

And though the large dolphin started out in a favorable position, Mark quickly takes the lead, spinning his partner around wildly and with passion, and his opponent simply cannot resist the sheer charisma of his adversary, and ultimately begins to willingly submit in the dance. The other dolphins look rather ashamed of their companion's submission, though they don't appear quite ready to give up - instead, they start to change up the beat instead every couple seconds or so.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. Largo: 3 vs. 1]

And though this confuses Mark quite a bit, the large dolphin seems to take it even worse, fouling up even the most basic steps. Mark wonders if dolphins simply aren't made to dance as well as the creatures of dry land. Their stratagem having failed, the strange dolphin leaps into action, punting the large one away rather simply and quickly. Mark notices the other dolphins open their mouths - strangely, no sound seems to come out, but the strange dolphin begins to slowly dance anyway. Perhaps it can hear something he can't?

In a dark basement...

Scott decides to go with something brutal, yet simple for his next trick - smashing the box against the wall. This is going to be rather satisfying, he suspects.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 2]

The box is really heavy, though. Even though it's made of metal, Scott didn't really expect it to be that heavy. Also, the glowy center's emitted light flickers a little, he notices. He wonders if he might have broken it somehow.

In a barracks area of the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas makes it clear that he is always up for power.

"Sure! Power is good!" he says, and as Mistress Redding peels away the extraneous layers of wall shards, he feels himself lift off the ground - once he has been reduced to a manageable lump of shattered stone, she appears to have chosen to just pick him up and move on rather than bother too much with details like making sure Niklas can walk under his own power.

"Firstly, you require a new body. Your first task is to go get one. I'm sure someone around here can help you. Make sure to ask nicely and politely of course. Perhaps make some offers, bargains, or choose other methods - all you need is to get someone to help you, obviously," the lady says, depositing Niklas in the middle of a rather sizable hall that people seem to occasionally walk through. "If you succeed, you will solve several problems, and that would be, of course, desirable. Also, it will be great practice for when you're older and more powerful. Good luck," she explains, then slowly floats off.

At the top of Lizzie's mistress...

Kevin, duly warned about the dangers of stairs in the sentient tower, carefully descends, Lizzie following closely behind. Fortunately, the traps that are on the stairs are fairly easy to spot - tripwires linked to buckets, steps that seem to have been replaced with strange-looking portals into dark dimensions, puddles of suspicious liquids Kevin rather would not investigate and more of that sort. They walk down several flights before Lizzie indicates that Kevin should step through a particular door, which he does, immediately finding himself in a somewhat dank stone imitation of an elegant parlor - though much of it seems to have been painted to resemble a room that some might describe as elegant, the monolithic decor is very much present here as well, and the room looks more to have grown from the walls, floor and ceiling rather than been furnished.

~This is sort of an emergency guest receiving area - not really a place to take high rollers, as you can tell from the state of the place. This is more for unexpected guests, and guests that aren't too politically important. And though you're technically both of those, it's more because you're the former that I took you here. Didn't have any places booked right now, you understand,~ Lizzie explains in Kevin's head before taking a seat. ~You do have to give her a hand for trying so hard with this room, though. I think she learned to change color specifically for this room.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: February 22, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

~As I said, this is entirely unlike anything I've seen before. Very interesting. What did you mean by "booked"? Is this some sort of crazy hotel?~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »

~As I said, this is entirely unlike anything I've seen before. Very interesting. What did you mean by "booked"? Is this some sort of crazy hotel?~

~Oh, no. As you've seen, my mistress gets... frivolous at times, and the decor could certainly use some work. So I usually just meet people in other places when I have to. She also prefers it that way, I think, as she has enough to deal with courtesy of my underlings. They do tend to make quite a few messes,~ Lizzie says, and, as if to punctuate her statement, the tower creaks rather loudly. ~Ooh, there goes another room. Wonder if she's remodeling some more?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: February 22, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »

~Oh, I see.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: February 22, 2014, 01:49:39 pm »

~Oh, I see.~

~Yes. So, anyway, I was wondering about one thing, Kevin. How'd you like to try an experiment? It'll be fun.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

~Well, I don't really have anything better to do right now, so why not?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: February 22, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »

~Well, I don't really have anything better to do right now, so why not?~

~I'm glad you feel enthusiastic,~ Lizzie says, placing her hands on your shoulders gently. ~Now, this thing I'll try will be a bit... unusual, let's say. And it involves souls. You still up for it?~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: February 22, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »

Okay!

Go up to the first person I see and ask if they can help me get a new body. Describe my original form if they can help. If not, move on to the next person. Repeat until done.
If necessary, ask Torkel, Helsvar, and Tree Guy if they know anything about replacing bodies.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: February 22, 2014, 05:53:50 pm »

((And so, with a permanent -1 to moving, I'm going to die to a slime, in a standard anti-climactic death, of course))

Run Roll away.

((This is the moment to regret not having chosen the other perk right?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00:55 pm »

((Well, what was your other perk?))
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: February 22, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »

Hmm. Seems useful. What'd you pick?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 719