Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557402 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8955 on: February 20, 2014, 11:54:54 am »

~I'm not in a hurry, so if you don't mind to tell me, I'd be glad to hear.~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: February 20, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »

Peel the rest of the box from around the centre...and interact with it?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: February 20, 2014, 06:24:18 pm »

[Well, that's not good. Not good at all. Gotta fix this somehow, and I think I may know how. If I can get Morton to enchant the tea once more to where, if poured on somebody dying they stabilize and return to their healthy state, it may work.

I'm afraid it may be more of a patch than a true fix though, which worries me, so I'm not sure if I should go with that or instead just try enchanting himself with healing once again to fix his mess-up.]

~Stay calm and alert.~

Morton echoed these thoughts, unsure of how much time he might have left. He has to press on, a simple slip cannot be the end of him, the desk had so much to do, so much to see! He has tea to make and share, people to meet and interact with! He cannot lose his second chance, not yet, not now.

Trying to stay calm and collected, the desk immediately heads straight into the listening chant, knowing that this may be his last chance if he doesn't get it right. Morton just has to fix this, and everything will be alright.

An idea is already forming in his mind, as he spies his old tea. When things go wrong, there's always tea.

Listening Chant!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: February 21, 2014, 01:58:42 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Mark tries to get between the dolphins and the dancing man and challenge them to a dance-off. Leaping into action and interposing himself deftly, he successfully catches the dolphins' attention, then attempts to convey his idea to them through interpretive dance.

[Mark's interpretive dance roll: 5]

They seem to get the idea rather well, though only one chooses to participate in the contest that ensues - a diminutive dolphin compared to the others, yet one that possesses a peculiar fire in its eyes.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. LD: 6 vs. 6]

Mark is doing his best and breaking out moves that, if not illegal around these parts, certainly should be! And despite the fact that Mark wonders if he should be on the lookout for any authorities, because he's not sure he could convince any who arrive that one could possibly be holding this much sexiness strictly for personal use, the dolphin seems to be equally as good. The spectacle is surely one to behold, and the dolphins appear to be both curious about the eventual result and amazed at the prowess displayed.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. LD: 5 vs. 3]

And yet, despite its raw talent and almost supernatural skill, it proves to ultimately be inferior, slowing down as its inferior biology tries to keep it from hurting itself, and the other dolphins look quite disappointed. The largest dolphin, a very gray and scarred creature of uncertain age, quickly leaps at its compatriot, pushing it out of the way and flopping out in front of Mark, looking intent on testing his skill in another fashion - it balances carefully on its tail, then bows politely before shimmying up to his adversary and putting its flippers on him - one on his hand, another on his midsection (well, spine, really). The other dolphins, apart from the little one, who retreats into the channel in shame, begin to beat a lively rhythm by flopping on the ground.

In a decidedly calmer spot not too far away, Sigmund comes to the realization that he dearly, terribly misses his best desk friend. Maybe he could prove helpful?

Sadly, though, he only runs into some crossroads, which aren't too bad while he's idly rolling about, but now that he is actively seeking something, the multiple choices have become so very confusing! Also, he has no idea where to begin to look, so there's that.

In a barracks area of some kind...

Niklas figures he needs some questions answered here - his knowledge of past events has been notoriously spotty lately.

"Hey! Hey floating lady! Where was I? Did you eat the food I made? How long have I been gone? Where am I? What's your name so I don't accidentally call you fat? Would you take offense to me calling you fat?"

Sadly, though, the peeling of the stone around him is a little too slow for his voice to come across too clearly. Nevertheless, the fat lady seems to hear him.

"My name is Mistress Redding to you, chair. And I do admit that the way you got out of that room was promising, if impractical. Next time, try subverting the structural enchantment in a less explosive way. And I certainly would not take offense to being called fat. It is a mark of my mastery."

On a roof terrace far away from Mothdale...

Kevin is intrigued by stories, and thus asks Lizzie to share the complicated tale of the building the two of them are currently standing on.

~I'm not in a hurry, so if you don't mind to tell me, I'd be glad to hear.~

~Very well. You know how there's eight masters in the BCM? Well, my mistress not only runs a tower of her own, she actually is the tower. There's a bit more to it than that, of course, but that's about the most basic gist of it. She absolutely loves being the way she is as far as I can tell, since it absolves her of a whole lot of responsibility while letting her experiment willy-nilly in the basements that nobody else can reach. Naturally, I have to pick up the slack after a fashion, and so, as you can imagine, I have a really busy schedule most of the time.~

~I'm actually not sure how much of what I think and say she is aware of - I have many countermeasures currently in place to prevent her from spying on me too much, but I suspect that she may be finding ways around those even as we speak. She is quite capable at multitasking, and probably considers it good practice. Much more unfortunately, she also likes practical jokes. A lot. So be careful around here, yes?~

In a basement with a puzzle box...

Scott, seeing no point in turning away from his path of destruction, tries to peel away the rest of the box so that he can get to the glowy center beneath the layers of wood and metal.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 3]

The inner bits, though, prove a little more stubborn, as they seem to be connected with the shiny thing! Though he makes some headway, the thing is far from free. He can see from here, though, that it is indeed just as pretty a glowy thing as he has ever beheld, and he feels like it would be something rather valuable to make off with.

On the Second Shank...

Morton, though currently uncannily aware of his own mortality, nevertheless tries to collect his thoughts, and tries another time to chant the Chant of Listening - given how he just chanted it a few hours ago, it proves simple, and the fading of his own thoughts is a very welcome thing right now. Though the sensation of doom does not fade entirely, it still moves to the very back of his mind - instead, he hears the sounds of... something bumping up against the ship? That's interesting.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: February 21, 2014, 02:04:26 pm »

I'm actually a Northerner in the body of a chair but okay. Did you get the food I made for you? I spent quite a while on it, and it looks quite beautiful!
Also what was that about a structural enchantment?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: February 21, 2014, 02:08:15 pm »

((I can hear the We Will Rock You beat being flopped by dolphins now.))
~And I thought I had seen some shit.~
~Shall we go inside, then?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:24 pm »

Screw it, go in a random direction and hope I find something or somebody who can help me.

((I suppose that if I roll a 6 I will find Mark, right?))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: February 21, 2014, 03:46:41 pm »

Smash it against the wall to get shiny thing.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: February 21, 2014, 04:53:23 pm »

I'm actually a Northerner in the body of a chair but okay. Did you get the food I made for you? I spent quite a while on it, and it looks quite beautiful!
Also what was that about a structural enchantment?

"I didn't receive any food, and am very disappointed about that. See to it that errors like that don't happen again."

"And structural enchantments are common for practice rooms, as well as important buildings. As you can see, they have certain weaknesses, but they usually do work exceedingly well against forces that aren't directly sabotaging the magic. Try not to fool around with them - you are rather lucky that the tower did not collapse on top of you."

((I can hear the We Will Rock You beat being flopped by dolphins now.))
~And I thought I had seen some shit.~
~Shall we go inside, then?~

~That would be preferable, yes. I've always preferred being indoors, myself,~ Lizzie tells you, raising her hand and pointing at a nearby staircase leading downward. ~Watch out for missing or trapped steps, by the way. Navigating stairs here can be a little tricky at times.~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: February 21, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »

Where is the room I was in? the food was in there. It was a statue of a balrus!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: February 21, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »

Where is the room I was in? the food was in there. It was a statue of a balrus!

"I am currently peeling said room off you. I presume it has not met the best of ends."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: February 21, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

Aww, I spent a while on that. How long was I in there?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: February 21, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »

Aww, I spent a while on that. How long was I in there?

"I put you in there... maybe slightly more than a week ago? It was long enough for me to forget you existed, at any rate."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: February 21, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »

Well, I did have to mulch up the tree you gave me with only an awl.
So what happens now?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: February 21, 2014, 06:02:30 pm »

Well, I did have to mulch up the tree you gave me with only an awl.
So what happens now?

"I could accept you as an initiate - you'll just go kill yourself elsewhere if I don't. And I could teach you more about power and such. In limited quantities, naturally."
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 719