Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557390 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8940 on: February 19, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

((Ahahahahaha, Harry that turn was amazing! I crushed the man's legs and have now summoned him an accessibility ramp- genius! :)) My next action shall have to wait until I've finished chuckling (and had some breakfast).))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: February 19, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »

[Thanks, probably not the best idea on my part but considering wounds will start to stick and stay otherwise... I'm not gonna chance my luck a second time on this though, if it goes wonky.]

No, no, no, that's not right at all.  It didn't quite hold, as if someone had only half-cleaned a window instead of making it immaculate and easy to peer through, the image is fuzzy, not clear and crisp as it should be.

Morton tries again, trying to push his body just a nudge more in synch with how it should be, how it is, that clear and crisp idea in his mind so sharply that it could cut crystal. His body heals, but it's not healing as it should just yet, not as the idea in his mind.

Second time's the charm, fix the first time!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

Continue rolling through the city. This time get near the strait and examine it.

The Gub said that they were the sea itself, right? Then there should be something in the water of the strait, the place which should have been used for getting to the city, right?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: February 19, 2014, 07:16:41 pm »

Mark decides to go have some fun dancing with the guy.

((Well it looks fun))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8944 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »

Looks can be deceiving!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: February 20, 2014, 01:02:21 am »

I just imagining Mark dancing like this and being awesome.

Higher tonight
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: February 20, 2014, 01:32:31 am »

"Yes, it's true that the pets are a little unusual, and it's true that the owner is a little unusual, but she just wants a home for the little critters. They just want a home.You folks, automatons, seem like the sort that would do well with them."
SALES PITCH

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:20 am »

On a stone terrace...

Kevin, guessing Lizzie isn't so good at taking hints, tries to tell her that he can't really communicate through interpretive dance through the means currently available to him - interpretive dance!

[Kevin's interpretive dance roll: 6]

His first move is to artistically flop to the ground, his hands closing in quickly around his throat, and on the stony floor of the terrace he thusly gyrates, conveying the unspeakable torment of speechlessness and needing to explain to everyone else from now on how he can't actually speak and how problematic it is to explain speech while you are personally incapable of it. Then again, at least Kevin gets to practice his interpretive dance skills, so maybe speechlessness isn't so bad, the realization of which makes his dance a little more confused than is strictly necessary.

"I get the feeling you're trying to tell me something, but-" Lizzie begins, but then seems to get the point already, at which point she facepalms visibly, but soundlessly. "You can't speak. I'm an idiot," she states, shaking her head. A moment later, her voice is in Kevin's head.

~Is this better? What happened to you?~

In a barracks area of some kind...

Niklas, feeling the need to become free more acutely than ever, tries to thrash about. Sadly, it seems that his shape is kept the way it is by some supernatural force - a force that is entirely beyond his control right now, it appears.

At least the rest of the people seem to be getting it together - the armored, sweating guy from earlier has arrived, and seems to be taking stock of the situation. He speaks with the rest for a moment, then quickly leaves. Minutes pass like hours, and soon the floating fat lady arrives, examining the absence of the room above with a small measure of annoyance mixed with what looks like amusement. She examines the chair statue in front of her for a moment, then raises one sausage-like finger at it. Pieces of stone begin to slowly peel off Niklas as a result.

In a basement of a familiar house...

Scott can't resist the lure of a well-made puzzle box. It's practically begging to be solved! He concentrates on the thing and tries to move some of the articulated parts.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 6]

In doing so, he rather overestimates the mechanisms durability, accidentally yanking out a rather sizable bit and exposing part of the inside of the mechanism - the whole thing looks a bit broken now, and further attempts to manipulate it only seem to make things worse. The box seems rather ruined now, and bits of polished wood and metal parts now seem to be on the ground. Interestingly, the center of the thing appears to be glowing oddly.

On the Second Shank...

Morton, who really does hate leaving a job half-done, tries to finish up this enchantment and get himself to heal properly. After all, when you've geared your entire mind toward this sort of thing, you might as well do whatever you were going to do as best you were able - he finds it unlikely that he'll have several hours of free time later, anyway. Concentrating on his mental image, he tries to bring himself in sync with it once more.

[Morton's enchantment roll: 1]

As he exerts his will again, however, something seems to go wrong - whether it is his resolve weakening or the effects of the chant wearing off, he can't tell, but, rather than bringing the images in his mind and the reality closer together, the differences become amplified instead - his body is weak and fragile, and it shall never attain an ideal shape, the doubt in his mind goes, and Morton, for a split second, accidentally focuses on it, and things go downhill from there. The idea of healing fades completely from his mind, and suddenly he is there, on the ship, feeling cold, empty and alone - he isn't sure how he realized this, but Morton now knows one thing - he is weakening. He is dying. And he doesn't know if anyone can help him.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund continues his trek through the city, abandoning prospects of tower exploration for now. This time, he approaches the Doom Strait, hoping to divine more about the gub from its waters. A preliminary examination reveals that it is indeed water he is looking at - it is a little difficult to say more about it without rolling inside, and whether that's a good idea is certainly something up for quite a bit of debate.

Elsewhere, Mark thinks that now is the best time for breaking out his finest moves, he runs up to the guy and joins in on the dancing.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. Dancing Man: 5 vs. 4]

And his best moves are impressive indeed - though the fearful, sweating man next to him does his very best in trying to imitate him, he is a little slow on the rhythm, and clearly doesn't have the requisite practice necessary to keep up choreographically with someone made of metal and possessed of amazing dexterity. The dolphins seem to notice this as well, and set upon Mark's inferior, who, while he valiantly punches two assailants, is mercilessly bitten by the other three, and tries to retreat while bleeding more than is strictly healthy for a man his age. When he tries to retreat, the dolphins begin to hiss and flop menacingly, which seems to cow the fellow sufficiently for him to resume dancing, though it looks like his wounds have given him quite the handicap.

In the streets of the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren tries to salvage his sales pitch from the initial hit that one kid knowing what he's talking about gave it.

"Yes, it's true that the pets are a little unusual, and it's true that the owner is a little unusual, but she just wants a home for the little critters. They just want a home. You folks, automatons, seem like the sort that would do well with them."

"What kind of pets are they? And I do object to you calling us automatons. It's disrespectful. We're citizens, you know!"

"My mom said she's dangerous, Mr. Street Performer! And my mom doesn't lie to me, I think."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:28 am »

Get in between the dolphins and the man then challenge the dolphins to a dance off through interpretive dance

((From now on all battles I fight in are dance battles sometimes including swords, halberds and fish))
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: February 20, 2014, 09:21:05 am »

Get in between the dolphins and the man then challenge the dolphins to a dance off through interpretive dance

((From now on all battles I fight in are dance battles sometimes including swords, halberds and fish))
((I honestly wonder if that bonus to fighting sea creatures also applies to dance fights))

Damned lack of limbs, Sigmund thought. Well, time to look for someone reasonable here, maybe he wasn't able to speak, but someone who isn't totally insane may be able to help him.

Look for Morton

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:32 am »

~As I said, I quite literally sang my lungs out while trying to appease or murder a priest of death.~
~Thanks for saving me from that hellhole, by the way.~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:49 am »

Hey! Hey floating lady! Where was I? Did you eat the food I made? How long have I been gone? Where am I? What's your name so I don't accidentally call you fat? Would you take offense to me calling you fat?

Ask many questions.

((Torkel had to get that trait from somewhere after all.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: February 20, 2014, 11:31:58 am »

~As I said, I quite literally sang my lungs out while trying to appease or murder a priest of death.~
~Thanks for saving me from that hellhole, by the way.~

~Happy to help, for what it's worth. Want to go inside, maybe?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

~Sure, I'd love to see this place from the inside. Is this your house?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:54 am »

~Sure, I'd love to see this place from the inside. Is this your house?~

~Actually, it's my boss. It's complicated.~
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 719