Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557081 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8520 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:53 pm »

((He Shoots! He Score's!!))

Mark seeing that his friend is safe gets back to what he was doing giving Sigmund a nod as he leaves.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: January 22, 2014, 12:57:54 pm »

((Pink may just be the representation of a large amount of magical energy in this universe, much like octarine in Discworld. Doesn't seem that unlikely and it explains the incredible pinkness that some characters have encountered.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: January 22, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »

((Pink may just be the representation of a large amount of magical energy in this universe, much like octarine in Discworld. Doesn't seem that unlikely and it explains the incredible pinkness that some characters have encountered.))
((This is, an unusually sensible guess, considering the amout of weird stuff that has happened in this game))

Sigmund nods back at Mark

-It seems that we succeded! Thanks for the help. It is a bit weird, I made lots of foci, but this is the only one that came up like this.  I guess that I should be more careful with it.

((Hey, Harry, are you willing to answer if the focus was sentient or not now that it exploded? (or did something similar)))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: January 22, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »

((Hey, Harry, are you willing to answer if the focus was sentient or not now that it exploded? (or did something similar)))

I'd rather not say. Some things are best not revealed.

I can, however, reveal that magical energy isn't an actual thing in this universe.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: January 22, 2014, 06:46:01 pm »

[My guess? You opened a mini-portal to some other entity. Maybe a god, maybe a demon, maybe a Cthulian monstrosity, whatever. Something was trapped in the paper, pretty much, and was trying to exert its focus on the world from there. Everything here seems to be, more or less, based upon will.

I fear what might happen if someone goes hardcore solipsist, personally. Actually, that might be how demons happen. Hm. Kinda makes me want to attempt the Single Thought trance with the focal point being Morton himself.]

Travel Turn:

Now for the Empty Mind chant. Only try it a few times however, if nothing too bad seems to be happening then for a while longer.
Try alternating between the Listening and the Single Thought (Tea) chant.

Ask Craig about what he knows about enchanted items, and possibly links with demons. Not that Morton thinks one is intrinsically linked to the other, but rather out of curiosity.

Ask Evelyn when one would be ready to attempt chanting, bringing pen and paper for her to discourse. (Unless he's aware of her new found mental prowess.)

Clean up after the others if need be, serve tea if wished.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: January 22, 2014, 07:20:27 pm »

Head back towards civilization, as odd as it is. Watch out to make sure nothing goes for murder. That happens a lot.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: January 22, 2014, 07:30:02 pm »

"So dat asplains it..." Timothy whispered to himself, watching the scene with wide eyes.
He was elated. He knew something had caused that woman's strange reaction, and his instincts had been correct- she mustn't have wanted anyone finding out about her strange pink dog, since the people around here apparently had something against the colour. Or maybe she was just late for her romantic rendezvous with her companion? Timothy didn't know, but he was pretty sure they'd need some sort of help at some point in the not-too-distant future.
It didn't really cross his mind that maybe they were bad people and the colour pink was disallowed for good reason.

>Remain invisible and float down closer to the three, listening in on the conversation. Remain silent for now.

>Look more closely at that pink dog.

((Been meaning to say this for a while, but Harry: I've no idea who/what that avatar is, but it really just... fits somehow.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:26 pm »

You know I think I know what made this world if life/magic energy is pink and I hope I'm wrong
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:29 pm »

Oh, travel turn:

-Concentrate again on fixing and/or making foci.
-Make foci so that I have a focus saying the following (because I have lost track of what I have):

Make wind flow at a constant rate determined by the user in the direction the user is thinking of.
Stop air flow in the area the user is thinking of.
Funnel air into the point the user is thinking of.
Repel air from the point the user is thinking of.
Concentrate air in front of the user's right index finger, then blast is away in the direction the finger is pointing at.

Make sure to write the stuff beforehand.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8529 on: January 22, 2014, 11:19:29 pm »

You want to know the Pink of the Pink?  The Pink way leads the Pink to True Understanding in a manner most Pink.  Pink comes from below the Pink in a strange Pink inhabited by Pinks.  It is a Pink society.  They seem to Pink the Pinks above them.

Does that explain it?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: January 23, 2014, 12:03:31 am »

Yes now to get to the Pink of the Pink we need some essence of Pink understanding then we need some creepy math ((I guess fractals but its unknown)) We also need to acount for the power of Friendship and the weight of yellow.
My Sig

Nunzillor

« Reply #8531 on: January 23, 2014, 01:44:57 am »

I Pink we can all agree that that is a sound Pink.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: January 23, 2014, 06:52:53 am »

Also adding some stuff to the travel turn:

Ask the mages which is the color of robe an air or wind mage would use.
Ask Tailor Craig to make me a robe of that color, if possible.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: January 23, 2014, 09:17:37 am »

Ask Tailor Craig to make me a robe of that color, if possible.
I think the answer is what ever damn colour the mage wants.
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: January 23, 2014, 10:49:39 am »

The answers vary quite a bit.

The first is ~Mages do not color code themselves according to specialty. It gives away far too much information. This is why the University of Magic removed dress codes for students.~

The second is"I dunno, I guess white, gray or blue, maybe?"

The third is "Why do you need a robe? You've got pretty nice duds already. Mages usually have robes with lots of pockets to keep stuff inside of, but you seem like you've got plenty of those in your coat already."

The fourth is "Your robe color depends on what organization you belong to, not the type of magic you use. And air manipulators aren't frequently in the habit of forming their own organizations. They're usually part of more varied groups."

The fifth is "I'd guess white, or maybe gray? Seems thematically appropriate. Although my host has often wished that wind mages would wear thematically appropriate transparent clothing."

The sixth is "It's more of a question of taste than tradition, really. Unless you pick something like pink, you should be fine."

You guess there's no definite answer, then. Unless you count white, which got two mentions.

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren, guessing that he should probably get the lady some customers right now, heads back to civilization - it takes him an hour or so to speedily float back to the town above the ghost city. Right now, it appears to be morning, and the town, while not exactly bustling with activity, seems to have regained some life in the time Darren's been away. The girl appears to have returned to her store as well.

"Had fun, I assume?"

In the outer section of Blynn...

Timothy, intrigued by these people, but especially by the pink dog, draws closer to the group. After all, if they were meeting in private, that must mean they had something interesting to discuss! He floats right up to the group, listening in on what they're saying.

"-and that was that," the woman says, apparently finishing up some kind of story.

"I'm sure you did your best," the man says, looking her straight in the eyes.

"But I didn't get anything for you."

"Fasting clears the mind, I find."

"It also makes you desperate and more than a little rash."

"Well, if I start to feel hungry, I'll just get something from the fields, heheheh."

"Don't mess around. You hear me? I cannot afford to go look for you there again."

"Yeah, I hear you. I'll stay here a while. Maybe find one of the other residents. They'll be able to help, I bet," the man says and grins widely.

The woman just sighs, looking at the fellow doubtfully. The man responds by giving her a rather warm-looking hug. Aw. Giving them a moment of privacy, Timothy looks at the dog. It's a real strange creature, to be sure. At closer inspection, he notices several things about it. For one, it seems to be quite unnaturally skinny, and its legs appear to bend in ways they probably shouldn't for normal dogs. It has no eyes that Timothy can see, and its ears have a peculiar spiraling shape to them. Finally, the form of the dog seems to be shifting with every moment, changing its width, length and depth slowly and seemingly randomly over time. He wonders what might be up with the thing when he hears the conversation resume. Looking back, he notices that the two still haven't broken up their hug.

"A voice spoke to me today."

"Like, a disembodied one?"

"No, not really - it was some kind of ghost, I think. But then it started following me. And became invisible. It wanted to help me with something."

"I hope you didn't accept, right?"

"Of course. He was probably a BCM operative, anyway. Had this strange quality to his voice, some kind of mental magic, I think. Gave him the slip after telling him to leave me alone."

"Calmly, I hope."

"Well, no. But I think he left anyway. Seemed a bit weird in the head, you know what I mean?"

"Aren't they all?"
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 719