Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556288 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7605 on: November 02, 2013, 05:52:36 pm »

[Oh what have I missed this is glorious.]

"He's alive?" Morton stared at the pile for a good while (read: faced its direction), before turning back to Art, antsy. "How--Nevermind that, we have to get him out of there; we have to save him--Ah I'm not sure I can get close due to the heat much less grab him; oh bother, of all the times to be made of wood!" The desk practically hopped from leg to leg among his four as he watched the molten slag, trying to think of how to rescue Niklas. He's still alive!

The desk rooted around quickly in his drawers, trying to see if he might have anything that could help. Tea supplies, strange stick, clothes, flasks, a pot... He stopped as he had an idea. "Good Mage Erin, good mage Erin might be able to give him a body back, or get him out of there, or--or something. Maybe I can toss water on it to try and cool it down, or there might be something in the book. Good Mage Art, we have to do something."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:55:42 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: November 02, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »

((BURN LEVEL: SUN))

((Oh man, now he's done it))

((Now OOC for Out of Character stuff:
I think that when this game ends I will ask Harry if when the NPCs tear down the PC's expectations and self-steem he is actually making them say what he would tell the PCs as if he was speaking for himself))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: November 02, 2013, 06:16:22 pm »

((Or you could just ask him now, like this:
Quote from: Tomcost
When the NPCs tear down the PC's expectations and self-steem, are you actually making them say what you would tell the PCs as if you were speaking for yourself?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: November 02, 2013, 06:20:34 pm »

((Nah, that should be answered at the end of the game, when it wouldn't affect the GM's impartiality, with those great mysteries like What happened to the whip man? and What the heck was the Artiste's plan?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: November 02, 2013, 06:23:27 pm »

((I suppose. Given that we went from 'get a ship' to 'vision questish argument over past deeds with a squirrel you're burglaring from while being a squirrel yourself in your own head, while you're just a heap of slag that's somehow still alive on the street', I don't think we'll see this anytime soon.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: November 02, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »

[If I were to guess the Artiste's plans, it probably mirrors Dagoth Ur's in some function.]

Nunzillor

« Reply #7611 on: November 03, 2013, 12:36:10 am »

((The Artiste seems pretty competent though, so probably with less debilitating insanity.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: November 03, 2013, 01:00:49 am »

[Well, for Dagoth Ur, that was how he managed to pull off what he did if I recall right. But yeah, Artiste, from what we've seen so far, seems very competent and level headed. Which is kind of worrying really.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: November 03, 2013, 01:02:51 am »

((He'll be killed by accident, going by pattern.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: November 03, 2013, 01:13:28 am »

[Like that one guy... What was his name? The necromancer guy who everyone followed for a bit... I admit to not having caught up on the thread honestly. Bernie, that was it.

I'm still not really buying him dying because someone pushed him into the water, that seems like something someone would of done before Scott long ago. Heck, Scott didn't even suffer from the problems associated with killing him, at least no longer than a moment. Which is still weird. To be honest, I'm still casting a suspicious glance towards Art for that, he has all the means to make such an accident possible. Then again, it could of been Artiste...]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: November 03, 2013, 04:02:26 am »

On the Second Shank...

Scott takes the Captain up to the main deck and goes about pointing out the varied silly people watching the area. First, the fellow on the other ship.

"OH MY! How utterly DISTRESSING! He DOES SEEM TO BE LOOKING THIS WAY!"

"Perhaps it's because there are two ghosts and a crippled light show on deck?"

Kevin takes offense to that remark. He's not that gaudy. Scott then points to the man on the roof.

"He LOOKS to be HARD AT WORK! But there IS SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT ONE!"

Then Scott finally indicates the last guy, the beggar.

"Oh, I recognize HIM! That's the FELLOW who's watched this ship for MANY YEARS NOW! I think I SCARED HIM ONCE AS A CHILD! Terribly NASTY OF ME, but it was FOR A GOOD CAUSE, yes! Maybe I SHOULD GO AND APOLOGIZE!"

Meanwhile, down in the cargo hold, Sigmund tries to make a focus out of his piece of paper.

[Focus creation roll: 3-2+1]

He's still not quite sure how this is supposed to work, though. Where does the magic come from? And how does one harness it, or make the words work and not, say, paper control or something of that sort? The process isn't very well explained, Sigmund finds.

Between the branches of the Great Old One...

Niklas, after having a discussion with the squirrel priest, asks another question.

"Could you perchance ask the Nut Gods where it is?"

"This is something you have to discover for yourself, which is to say that I can't be bothered to ask for a lowly heretic such as yourself."

At the spot of Niklas' melting...

Morton scrambles to find a solution to this dire situation.

"He's alive? How--nevermind that, we have to get him out of there; we have to save him--ah, I'm not sure I can get close due to the heat, much less grab him; oh bother, of all the times to be made of wood!" he starts to think out loud as Art looks uncertainly at the pile of slag.

"Good Mage Erin, good mage Erin might be able to give him a body back, or get him out of there, or--or something. Maybe I can toss water on it to try and cool it down, or there might be something in the book. Good Mage Art, we have to do something."

Art raises his crystalline index finger thoughtfully.

"I could try to transfer his soul to another object. A little dangerous, but certainly possible."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: November 03, 2013, 04:09:03 am »

*humph* Fine then.

Scurry away from tree, go find an axe or something.
Store the nuts I stole somewhere safe.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: November 03, 2013, 04:13:27 am »

*humph* Fine then.

Scurry away from tree, go find an axe or something.
Store the nuts I stole somewhere safe.

Since you didn't get a proper action this time, I'll grant you a little exception.

Among the branches of the Great Old One...

Niklas, having gained very little of note in this exchange, scurries out of the tree and looks for an axe after storing his acorns under a nearby rock.

After about ten minutes of searching, he finds one! It is ten times his size, to put it mildly, and meant for creatures with hands.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: November 03, 2013, 08:00:56 am »

((Hmm, I didn't know that we had now a -2 penalty to making focus. While I know it is because of ignorance, the only information we go about making focus is that it is done by sheer force of will. Oh, well, I will try to do something different.))

Sigmund comes to deck while being somewhat dissapointed. He said to the mages:

-It didn't work. I don't really know what exactly should I do to make a focus, actually.

(("Paper control". Haha, Perplexicon logic))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: November 03, 2013, 09:14:44 am »

((Hmm, I didn't know that we had now a -2 penalty to making focus. While I know it is because of ignorance, the only information we go about making focus is that it is done by sheer force of will. Oh, well, I will try to do something different.))

Sigmund comes to deck while being somewhat dissapointed. He said to the mages:

-It didn't work. I don't really know what exactly should I do to make a focus, actually.

(("Paper control". Haha, Perplexicon logic))

"It's difficult enough to explain that I really don't feel like doing it presently. Keep trying, though. You're sure to get something done that way."
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 719