Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556493 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7320 on: October 14, 2013, 01:12:36 pm »

((Is Niklas the character who has made most will rolls to this moment?))

Sigmund told to the Artiste:

-We won't spend it if it is not strictly necessary for the repairs, master. Now, we should go to find Mark.

Go and look for Mark

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: October 14, 2013, 01:20:42 pm »

Look for Mark seperately from Sigmund, call him when I find him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: October 14, 2013, 08:23:35 pm »

Darren scowled.
"Oh, I can't do that, but she can?"

Keep an eye out for shenanigans. Leave the immediate area.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: October 15, 2013, 02:22:59 am »

"Then I'll leave it here, just in case it decides that remaining a pile of rubbish is a bad life decision."

Scott will go and make a report to his master.

"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: October 15, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

In a rather insensible, mostly liquid state...

Niklas, struck blind, deaf and senseless by the sudden melty doom visited upon him, tries to see if he can move. Moments later, he figures out that he has no idea how he would really tell if he could move, being mostly deprived of his senses. Not to mention that it's not entirely clear where exactly his soul is housed right now.

[Niklas' will roll: 6]

He supposes he'll have plenty of time to find out, at any rate. He begins to meditate in hopes of attaining magical powers once again, reaching a state of supreme calm in but a moment!

It is right about now that he finds that he still can't feel any magic. It's a bit weird, like he's screaming into the void, but nobody at all seems to care. How terribly rude of the void, indeed.

Breaking out of his meditative trance, Niklas tries prayer once again, except this time not in complete gibberish and to gods that actually exist. He feels a little better, he supposes, after giving a short prayer to Narcillicus, God of Artistry. He doesn't feel like anything's significantly improved as a result, though.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, having obtained a sufficient amount of money from his hungover master and reaffirmed his promise to not spend it on whatever crazy thing he finds in the streets this time, goes and looks for Mark, with Kevin providing support in the form of rolling about independently. Kevin does not find anything, being a bit too chicken to roll down the stairs in case he can't get up, but Sigmund has better luck - he finds Scott and Craig conversing downstairs in fairly short order, and Mark's sack right next to them.

"Then I'll leave it here, just in case it decides that remaining a pile of rubbish is a bad life decision," Scott tells Craig, then promptly leaves after Craig nods. Scott then walks away, not sparing Sigmund a second glance as he returns on deck and tells the Artiste what's happened.

"The demon fellow did not wish to transport Mark, in accordance with the silly fellow's apparent wishes."

"Eh, that's not a problem. Sigmund's got a way to fix him, apparently. All good, you know."

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren, mildly jealous of the lady's disappearing skills and suspicious of funny business on somebody's part, casts a wary glance around himself. He notices the woman some distance away, swaying within a doorframe quite a distance behind him. She points her finger at him.

At that exact moment, her eyes flash a gentle, tranquil green, and Darren's right arm immediately starts to peel, thick strips of ectoplasm separating from his arm and floating away, dissipating in the air. It is extremely painful, Darren finds, not to mention quite detrimental to his prospects of, you know, having a right arm.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: October 15, 2013, 03:14:36 pm »

Rude, void!
Ruderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderude!

Take hold of the void! Harness it! Control it!

((I'm now apparently doing random flailing again. Well, if I succeed I may have become the universe.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: October 15, 2013, 03:17:41 pm »

Sigmund told to Craig:

-So, Scott carried Mark here to see if he could be fixed by sending him with the aspect, right? Well, I already found a blacksmith for him, so that won't be necessary.

He then pondered on the possibilities of carrying Mark back, but thought tha he would need help, so he went upstairs and adressed that scum that still had arms, also known as Scott:

-I need help to carry Mark to a blacksmith, I think that you should be able to provide more arms to carry him, right?

((OOC:
Rude, void!
Ruderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderuderude!

Take hold of the void! Harness it! Control it!

((I'm now apparently doing random flailing again. Well, if I succeed I may have become the universe.))
((Take a look at what happened to Luke Arnold))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: October 15, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »

((But he was just trying to be pink. I'm doing something far more dangerous.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: October 15, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »

Any other service you require m'lord?

Edit: On being addressed by Sigmund, Scott will wait for an answer from the Artiste...if not coming, he will shrug and acquiesce to Sigmund's request, hoping not to lose another hand.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:54:48 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: October 15, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »

Any other service you require m'lord?
((Pssst
He then pondered on the possibilities of carrying Mark back, but thought tha he would need help, so he went upstairs and adressed that scum that still had arms, also known as Scott:

-I need help to carry Mark to a blacksmith, I think that you should be able to provide more arms to carry him, right?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: October 15, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »

Morton pondered as he heard the answer to his question. Could they have gone to Wallyn's bookstore then? For what reason? They were going to get... Books... About the place they were going to? Hm. They are heading to the realm of dreams(/Horizon Island if he hasn't heard of the realm of dreams yet), if he heard right, and from what he's heard the place is strange and magical.

The desk sighed after his deliberation, if Brenwicke's store holds no magic but only mundane books, then it probably doesn't have the books his friends were looking for. He's not sure if this makes him happy or even more worried than before.

"I thank you kind sir, live well and recall always the glory of the gods and their deeds. It seems that I must make sure my friends didn't get in any trouble then, wish me luck if you would please, I think I might need it I'm afraid." Morton thanked and bowed to the man (a motion made by him dipping the front of his body and making a 'bowing' gesture with his arms), and tried to follow the man's directions to Wallyn's bookstore. The streets should be named after all, right? With names that eccentric it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: October 15, 2013, 07:45:26 pm »

"AAAAAAAHHHH! &#!$! I should have taken my chances with that machine!"
Run. Run. Run. Run. Run

Float away, as urgently as possible. Try and get lost in a crowd. If she isn't tricked, book it for the exit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: October 16, 2013, 05:22:14 am »

"Yeah, Scotty, make yourself useful for a change."|

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: October 16, 2013, 05:50:00 am »

If Scott agrees, Sigmund will let Scott drag Mark on his own, unless Scott can't, then he will help. Then He will head to Gunther's shop (and take Kevin with him)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: October 16, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »

In an endless darkness...

Niklas, in what may be a perfectly reasonable action in some nebulous, doubtlessly criminal mind, chants the word 'rude' at the void over and over again.

It does absolutely nothing. Nothing whatsoever. Probably because the void doesn't even exist, and is thus quite impossible to control. And because the void is the single most boring thing imaginable in the entire universe, and nobody would want to control even if it was possible. And probably because it isn't likely that there's any actual void around Niklas. Rather, it's probably a whole lot of something he can't actually see. Finally, he doesn't seem to be able to do magic. At all.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund opens up his speaking hole and enlightens Tailor Craig.

"So, Scott carried Mark here to see if he could be fixed by sending him with the aspect, right? Well, I already found a blacksmith for him, so that won't be necessary."

"That's good. Hope he makes it out okay."

With that settled, Sigmund heads back topside, stopping to grab Kevin with him on the way. Eventually, he reaches the ever-servile Scott on the deck.

"I need help to carry Mark to a blacksmith, I think that you should be able to provide more arms to carry him, right?"

"Yeah, Scotty, make yourself useful for a change."

Scott does not honor Sigmund with a response. Instead, he asks the Artiste something.

"Any other service you require, m'lord?"

"Nah, not really. I guess you could go with those two, yeah. And Kevin, don't pick on the guy. How's he supposed to be productive if you just keep telling him he's useless?"

Scott shrugs, grabbing Mark and dragging him along after Sigmund and Kevin, with Kevin rolling ahead, Sigmund following along the middle and Scott covering the rear with the heavily injured Mark. They eventually reach Gunther Gunnarson's stall. Gunther gives them an interested glance.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton bids the religious guy good day,

"I thank you kind sir, live well and recall always the glory of the gods and their deeds. It seems that I must make sure my friends didn't get in any trouble then, wish me luck if you would please, I think I might need it, I'm afraid."

"Seek the aid of the death god if life confounds you," the man says, then goes silent, turning away and seeking other people to speak to. Morton and Art then take off, seeking the Alley of Muffled Screams. After quite a bit of wandering, they don't quite find the streets they want - the town's definitely bigger than it looks, Morton would say, and Art isn't capable of providing much help.

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Quite dissatisfied with the way he's getting torn apart, Darren screams and tries to float away.

"AAAAAAAHHHH! &#!$! I should have taken my chances with that machine!"

[Darren's escape vs. Lady's targeting: 1 vs. 1]

As soon as he turns his back and floats, he feels a momentary tingle, but it immediately stops. He hears a popping sound in the distance as he makes his escape. He can't seem to find any crowds, though. Just a bunch of metal creatures wandering around at rather considerable distances from one another.

Nevertheless, he tries to put as much distance as possible between himself and the lady as possible. He floats onward, making his way through several disjointed alleyways before coming to a stop.

He looks around carefully. He thinks he might be safe for now. At least his arm isn't peeling anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 719